Ozzie's Blog

Ozzie
 
 Hi guys,


Been working a lot on video editing and producing 4 new videos. Learning as I
go. Anyway leave comments, criticism is welcome too.

Anybody from the London, UK area is welcome
to apply for instructor assistant. Just email me at
.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my schedule for the rest of the year 2012/13:


November 16-18: London

November 23-25: Copenhagen or London

November 30-December 2: Reykjavik

December 7-9: London

December 16-18: London

Here's the schedule for 2013 

January 11-13 Munich or London BC with Alex

January 18-20 London BC

January 25-27 Oslo BC with Alex

February 1-3 London BC with Alex

February 8-10 Stockholm BC

February 15-17 London BC

February 22-24 Tallinn BC

March 1-3 London BC

March 8-10 Dublin BC

March 15-17 London BC

March 22-24 Berlin BC

March 29-31 London BC


Sign up right now at: www.rsdbootcamp.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Benefits Of The Mind’s Awesome Pliableness
You rarely use the mind extreme plasticity to your advantage. You keep seeing people use the powers of the mind to ostracize themselves or simply be idle when there is real potential in such
characteristics. Mind’s extreme pliable qualities are demonstrated when people
make radical changes in extremely short periods of time like a single approach
or in a weekend’s program. That’s thanks to the power of the mind to extremely
adapt, overcome and change in an instant.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx3GpsQODyc



If you want to get mystical, you can look at Gurus who claim that spiritual enlightenment came to them in one
single moment when they were doing something absolutely unrelated to spirituality,
or people who radically change after a death of a close one. The mind changes
very rapidly for the worst too. However, it all shows you one single thing: the
mind changes fast. New habits and behaviours can replace old ones very quickly.


Don’t Change Your Life, Instead
Change Your Thinking


It is not what happens to us in the club but how we interpret it. I got rejected hard last night on my first two
sets to the point my only student that night was enjoying it-students get a
kick out of the instructor getting blown out. My third set went extremely well.
 I asked my student whether my first two fouled tries were necessary to set me up for the third successful one. But he didn’t understand my question at first. The harder I get blown out, the more
excited I get. Sometimes I do it on purpose to get excited –not this time
though.
It has a better effect when it happens without me trying to fail on purpose. I always get a rise out of it. It motivates me to do things and deep down I know that my good set is coming around the bend. I
have changed my mind’s plasticity to think differently about failure.  

Events, Not, But Your
Interpretation Must Change


Sometimes, people expect the worse in life so every event is tinged with that. So there interpretation of events
has always these black overtones. If things are bad, they become dark. If
things are dark they become doom. So it really doesn’t matter the event but the
interpretation.

But you can change that.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aV3xRjPSAk

We can use alchemical processes with your mind by means of which you might change the way you interpret events.It doesn’t mean walking around with rose-tinted glasses. It means not walking
around with red-tinted glasses. You see red everywhere.

Let’s say you expect women to be mean, so you will interpret every bit of body language from a girl as a
confirmation of your view of the world. Sometimes you might even interpret good
signals as bad.

It is said of people with social fears that they walk around with amber-colored glasses. It is like they are
paralyzed in front of a traffic light stuck in amber and they are waiting for
it to either go red or green. In the interlude, they do nothing. They are just
stuck in fear.

When a student tell me, “Well, I have been rejected before, that’s why.” That’s a valid answer and I am always
glad when I get honesty and not delusion. I know the student is close to the
alchemical change because their mind is very plastic and it is ready to change.
I normally ask, “Is that so all the time, every time that you approach?” Of course,
this question allows them to redirect themselves to the positive evidence. They
start recalling situations when things have gone well for them.

Or maybe they haven’t developed a thick skin to situations and they are oversensitive to women’s remarks by
reading too much into what women say. They might be misreading female testing
for what it really is, just another way of being attracted to you. All of this
brings about short term change but alchemy is more about permanent change. Long
term transformation of your psyche.

You Need To Die

A part of you needs to die.
Sometimes all of you. That part of you that is a chode must be annihilated. Tim
invented that letter of good-bye to the inner chode that we use in our
bootcamps. That letter is about a part of you that needs to die.  It involves a sacrifice. It is a symbolic
death. Some students throw that letter down the toilet, others burn it. The
essential you needs to survive though. But without the old.

 First you need to accept that the old ways of
thinking don’t work out anymore. They have become a drag.

If you are a way too negative guy, it is helpful to facilitate your transformation by making “a grateful list”:
     
I am glad ……
 
I am glad I am not…..

I am fortunate because….

Etc.

If you are too critical with yourself –perfectionists are- it is helpful to do the “die-hard supportive
friend” drill. It goes like this for every negative thought; I want you to
imagine you have a “die-hard supportive friend” ready to give you sound advice
to counter-act the negativity. For example, “girls don’t like me”, I want you
to write down your “supportive friend’s advice next to it, like, “there are
lots of girl who do like you, you will find them if you keep approaching”.  And it goes on and on like that for every pestilent cognition you might have. For this to work, you need to imagine this friend as
somebody ultra-positive to the point of delusion that will be there for you to
the bitter end. This is guy is so ultra-supportive, positive that he will make
you puke with his unconditional die-hard support.

If you keep doing this drill with die-hard tenacity, you will become your number one fan.  You will change. You will become the
supportive friend to yourself. Simple, but difficult to execute since people
are their own worst enemy.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrhOP4hdMt0

The Program Drill

I use a program drill to teach students that they can’t expect everyone to like them and that’s ok. It is them
that need to like themselves not others. Even though my students understand
this at a logical level, they can’t accept it at an emotional level so I have
to force them to feel it. So I position them at the top of a tube escalator,
partially blocking the way for people to get through and I ask them to spread
their legs and arms in start fish position. This is a really embarrassing drill
and as people get through they give you mean looks.

 Students need to take people’s justified anger
for blocking their way but eventually they get used to it and it doesn’t bother
them anymore. They learn to be supportive of themselves without external
validation. This is the process of transformation. The old you is dying and a
new you-who was always there- coming up. People won’t change unless they have
to. That drill forces you pliable mind to bend and become different very
quickly. 

Dubious Affirmations

I am particularly dubious about certain type of affirmations that people recite like crazy in order to get rich
and things like that. That strikes me as some sort of misguided narcissism and
wish fulfillment. Psyche doesn’t really transform that way. By visualizing a
better car or house, you might be blocking emotions you need to feel. Not
really sure how it helps. I like affirmations that relate to your particular
characteristics and need. I also like affirmations that create cracks in old
belief systems. But they must apply to you personally. I like affirmations that
are specific and not to out of the wall, like “I have limitations but I know
can do better”.

I prefer you write them down in primary school fashion. And repeat them 5 or 6 times mornings and evenings.
Writing is very powerful. It kind of imprints them in your subconscious. And
like I said, the idea must be relative to you and your issues, otherwise, there
is no positive effect. Transformation only happens around your issues, that’s
why we can’t use another guy’s affirmations. All of this proves the mind’s
extreme pliableness to change if you have the proper tools.

Relationship Advice? Little Things
That Go A Long Way


Sometimes it is not what we do but
how we think of it that makes a difference. Most guys think of a relationship
like a long string of chores and also putting up with a girl’s moods in order
to get regular sex. I want to side with men in the forum who are in a long term
relationships and tell you exactly where we fail as men in relationships. I
always thought of those things as chores but I realize how important they were
to keep her out of her “mood swings”.

I want to give you the top “actions” if you want to keep her being a good girl, hooked on you. On the flip
side, these are red flags if she is not “interested” anymore and is already
looking outside to “fill the void”, otherwise known as cheating. Women move on
faster than we do. Also they move on earlier. It is common for a woman to be looking
at other men while she is on her way out of a relationship. Men take longer to
smell the coffee. She knows she is going to be single soon and there is nothing
they hate more than being single “again” after investing 2 or 3 “biological”
years on a relationship. So she is “bridging” you while you are in limbo
wondering whether to break up or stay with her-she has limited “biological
time” while you don’t. I insist you pay attention when she “plays down”
important things as a tell-tale sign.

So this is my top 6:

Birthdays/Major
 Dates/Anniversaries.
This is the winner. There are two anniversaries where
women need you, her birthday is one. Those are crucial times for her because
she is likely to “poke holes" in her love life. If she rather spends (or
plays down) those dates with her girlfriends, you are already in trouble. You
might want to think why that is. Her girl pals might be talking her out of your
relationship with her. This one happened to me. Every time she spent time with
her girlfriends, she came home in a “mood”. I am smarter these days. I remember
having my ex-girlfriend at the time take me to a restaurant on her birthday and
making her pay out of her pocket for the meal –not a fancy restaurant either- after
I completely forgot about the birthday. I am a cautionary tale. It was like
everything I did screamed I don’t give a shit about you. New Year’s Eve is
another important one because it involves 
“family” stuff. I recall telling my ex on New Year’s Eve to go and hang
out with her friends because I was busy with my own family. Ouch!

Looks
 Fucking Matter!
Don’t let yourself go because you are having regular sex, and
also don’t stop approaching women if possible. Those two things might keep you
interesting to her and “hooked”. Growing a pouch gut might be “cute” but she
will start looking for men that look after themselves instead. She might lose
interest. In fact, she might be looking as we speak. I would also keep her on a
leash if she was out of shape. She loved that I was always on her case and
watched her diet. I wanted us both to be in shape.

Jealousy.
Stop that shit. Girlfriends sometimes test you in that area. When they see you
can’t handle it they will sneak their flirting from you. You will lose her
easier that way. If she enjoys male attention, which all women do, she will do
it behind your back. Instead of being reactive, show some restraint and talk to
other women yourself, she will come crawling back. It is funny the more women
are interested in you, the more your girlfriend will be on a leash. There is
nothing like being on “demand” to keep them interested. I used to go dancing
salsa with mine and she got jealous/concerned when other hot girls ask me to
dance with them. On the other hand, if she doesn’t give you a reason, don’t
overplay your hand. Don’t blatantly approach women around her in order to make
her jealous. Being over jealous also leads women to cheat more. It has to do
with prohibiting something and human being just want to do it, kind of like the
forbidden fruit deal.
Don’t Underestimate
What She does for a living even if you make a ton of money more
than her.  Include there milestones in
her job, career, studies, new jobs, etc. It shows you care. Be happy for her
and celebrate. Take her out dancing or for dinner. Again, it is the little
things she cares. On the flip side, if she doesn’t tell you about these things
and doesn’t make a big deal out of it, you are in trouble. She lost interest in
the relationship. Again, watch out for evenings with her pal friends and so on,
she might be moving on. Surprisingly, this is one of the few that I always kept
in mind with my ex even though she made/had way more money than me. I would
encourage her in her career goals even though I was always slightly jealous of
her boss. 

Cheating.
This is so big and this is why I always stay strictly monogamous in my long
term relationships. Cheating is a pain in the ass because you have to hide
things from her and in the end they always find out. Women have radar for your
body language and “cheating ways”. Alternatively, if you tell her openly you
will see other women and they say they are “fine with it”, I got news for you,
women are not “fine with you sticking your pecker in another woman”, any more
than we are with her and another guy. If you, on the other hand, are already cheating,
remember the females excel at one thing, revenge. She doesn’t have to know for
real. If she feels you cheated on her, she might do the same to you just to get
even. In her mind, she will rationalize it as you did it first, so it is open
season. That guy who is been flirting with her in the office, will get lucky at
the next Christmas party.

Don’t let her get away with bullshit.
Call her on her bullshit. They tested and you
passed that’s how they see it. One of the things she used to tell me as a
positive was she could never get away with anything in our relationship. They
love that you care enough to point out shit even if  she doesn’t like it. Things like the way she
dresses when she is out with you, the way she talks to you, when she tries to
get away with something she knows you don’t like, etc. are crucial to keep in
mind. Even if it comes to an argument, she knows you care. Sometimes they do it
to see if you are paying attention. Women need constant reassurance, they are security
freaks.   Again the flip side, if they
are not testing you, that means they might be looking elsewhere for validation.
They might be have lost interest and are already moving on.
                                                                                                                                                                            

Where does this fit with the pliability of your mind?

It does if you think about it. You need
to change the way you think about women. Women are not this unpredictable,
emotional bundle that you fail to understand. They tend to react in the same
way that we do, most of the time. Look at the list above and turned it around.
Take a moment to think how you would feel if she did those things to you.
Really, take a moment. Shift your paradigm about these things and get closer to
the reality of the world.

Integration Of Opposites


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jn8b71Ze5M

In order to integrate, you need to submit to the process of change. It is painful and it feels sometimes you are
in a tub of boiling water. Students in my program report their body temperature
gets high and they sweat. That means transformation is happening. Alchemy is
happening. Painfully productive time. Next day they wake up and feel like shit
too. However, slowly they start to become more positive as they see the payoffs
of what they are doing.

Human beings change for two reasons, extreme fear or in-your-face payoffs. People report quitting smoking
on the spot when the doctor shows them an x-ray of their decrepit lungs. Other
people stop puffing away at cigarettes when they see how much better they feel
when they stop, how they can breathe better, gaining weight, etc.

I know once a student sees the payoffs of getting rid of his fears in the field, they will embrace the hard
core drills. They stop caring about hard core rejections. As a result,
rejections don’t happen. However, the beginning and middle of the process of
integration is full of pain. 

Why?

Because parts of you are dying in the process. Good death.

 The process of integration moves you from one end of the spectrum to the other. Common opposites are inner/outer, fear/confidence, scarcity/abundance (mind), natural/artificial, masculine/feminine,
negative/positive, active/passive, stagnant/ever-changing, rigid/flexible, etc.
The movement from one end to the other is extremely painful but pay great
dividends in terms of personal growth.

Let’s take the most common movement from being a negative guy in the field, to becoming positive. I do this
movement every weekend, not without pain. First I try to find what’s the guy’s
script, his blue print of sorts. He might think, “Women don’t like me because I
am not good looking”. So he “expects” women to reject him based on his looks.
So I allow him to voice his fears in this area until he zeros in on  a situation that he feels this negative
script will happen beyond the shadow of a doubt –may be approaching a hot girl
surrounded by 7 of her hot girlfriends. Human beings are situational learners
so I use that to my advantage as a coach. Once we identify the “feared”
situation we move in on it, but with a catch: I make the likelihood of the
script 10 times more likely to happen. It means I artificially “charge the
situation” with 10 times more fear. I make him ten times more likely to be
rejected through different program drills and tactics. Slowly the student
starts to find out that rejection doesn’t happen even when he is actively
looking for it, or if it does, it is never as bad as imagined. Transformation
starts to happen in his psyche. He goes from being negative to reasonably
having positive expectations about female’s reactions to him and his “bad looks”.
Sometimes quickly, other times slowly. Yet it happens. ( This process might be quite intricate and complicated than I make it
look like here for the sake of explanation because most guys have multiple
scripts that “interchange” themselves and make my job quite complex at times. “Ever
shifting student’s blueprints” are a coach’s nightmare but also accounts for
the precious wisdom you get on program
.)

Anyway this is all I wanted to say about transformations today and how easy your mind changes and adapts to
external stimuli if you use the right tools for the job. Hope it helped you and
drop comments and I will definitely answer them to the best of my ability.[=9pt]



Anyway leave
comments, criticism is welcome too.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's your schedule for the rest of the year 2012 and 2013:



November 9-11: London

November 16-18: London

November 23-25: Copenhagen or London

November 30-December 2: Reykjavik

December 7-9: London

December 16-18: London





Here's the schedule for 2013



January 4-6 Amsterdam or London BC with Alex

January 11-13 Munich or London BC with Alex

January 18-20 London BC

January 25-27 Oslo BC with Alex

February 1-3 London BC with Alex

February 8-10 Stockholm BC

February 15-17 London BC

February 22-24 Tallinn BC

March 1-3 London BC

March 8-10 Dublin BC

March 15-17 London BC

March 22-24 Berlin BC

March 29-31 London BC



Sign up right now at: www.rsdbootcamp.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Ps: Loving all
the comments I got in the previous article, including the youtube comments.
Working on some of the suggestions there. Video quality improves slowly but we
are getting there. Soon I will release some infield if possible. Anybody from the
London, UK area is welcome to apply for instructor assistant. Just email me at
Login or register to post.

Related Posts

Comments

#1

.Mickey.

Member

Join Date: 06/10/2012 | Posts: 56

 The first video seems to be "private", so I can't view it :O
Login or register to post.
#2
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

.Mickey. wrote:
 The first video seems to be "private", so I can't view it :O

Oops! Public now. Thanks.
Login or register to post.
#3

bingobango

Respected Member

Join Date: 08/27/2012 | Posts: 370

the office video was funny as shiiiiiiiiiT!

good stuff man
Login or register to post.
#4
mikevick07

mikevick07

Trusted Member

Join Date: 01/08/2012 | Posts: 1525

love the 3rd vid
Login or register to post.
#5
Rubennnnn

Rubennnnn

Senior Member

Join Date: 12/30/2011 | Posts: 98

 lov ozzie
Login or register to post.
#6

Knoxville

Respected Member

Join Date: 05/19/2011 | Posts: 719

 Tons of value in this article, thanks man!
Login or register to post.
#7
Mark Francis

Mark Francis

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/06/2012 | Posts: 282

I loved that second video about perfectionists Ozzie. I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. I am absolutely guilty of that and it is something I have recently realized about myself. You saying it in this video just cemented it into my head. "I lost it", lmao! Thanks Ozzie.
Login or register to post.
#8
smack_attack

smack_attack

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/31/2012 | Posts: 252

 I'm definitely using that "squirrel" technique.
Login or register to post.
#9
Maleko

Maleko

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/20/2007 | Posts: 254

Will there ever be an Ozzie Hot Seat?
Login or register to post.
#10

Bowss

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/22/2012 | Posts: 269

Return to Transformations form. Epic stuff (especially the London free tour.)
Very glad you're making the effort to make your new content so solid again!
Thanks a lot
Login or register to post.
#11
jabbaworks321

jabbaworks321

Member

Join Date: 12/03/2011 | Posts: 40

 Really interesting stuff, Ozzie! You have a very different approach to teaching this stuff than any of the other instructors and I find it just as useful. Maybe your insights on fear and perfectionism just hit me at the right time or something. Awesome!
Login or register to post.
#12

Gulisos

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/26/2008 | Posts: 223

Ozzie,

The second video, althought the content is good, somehow lack. I missing the flow that keep me interested for longer time. There is to many moments when the energy goes down. It's hard to explain. It's just about the flow.

On the opposite side first and last videos are very nice. You are very natural and easy with public. Also the topic about the fear is important.

I also like how you write the description, not only puts video. It make the material stronger because you watch it and then you can read about it.

Keep posting more.
Login or register to post.
#13

Rexx

Member

Join Date: 10/08/2012 | Posts: 60

Ozzie,

After watching these videos I realized you are a true master..so much value man!

"Avoiding failure is avoiding success"

%10 knowing what to do, %90 is fear. Two causes of fear:

1. thinking people have high expections

2. having negative views toward self

Thanks,
Rex
Login or register to post.
#14
Buii

Buii

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/31/2008 | Posts: 125

Hey Ozzie!

Tyler often mentions some Book he's reading.

Your content is awesome! Can you give some Book tips?

I really like your idea of the Transformation of mind and the idea of alchemy!
What inspired you to this way of thinking?

Greetz from Germany

(the Part about girlfriends was awesome!)
Login or register to post.
#15

Elamanopiskelija

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/08/2011 | Posts: 371

What! there is a lot of homework here, and I am not even at half of the article!
Login or register to post.
#16
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

bingobango wrote:
the office video was funny as shiiiiiiiiiT!

good stuff man
sick! if you have the time tell me what you like about it. i will try and keep those things as much as i can. 
Login or register to post.
#17
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

mikevick07 wrote:
love the 3rd vid
thanks. would love to hear what you like about it if you have the time. 
Login or register to post.
#18
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

muzzi17 wrote:
 Tons of value in this article, thanks man!
cheers. 
Login or register to post.
#19
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

John Cusack wrote:
Yes, and being a perfectionist + a feedback junkie is even worst, because not only you beat yourself up for not being perfect but also with extreme sensitiveness you can see every little cue of the environment that validate the errors. This is like an AVALANCHE of overwhelming bad emotions for your RAS and very difficult if not impossible to "RE-RAS-it". It's like telling a skeptical: "Ok, from now on you're gonna see UFOs, and the only reason you didn't saw them before was because you didn't pay attention". There was something like this in the Blueprint I think. Great Post. I'd love to see longer vids of you Ozzie. Cheers
being self-deprecating is a tell-tale sign of perfectionism. i used to do it all the time. always will find something to be sarcastic about my own performance or little self "put downs" to poke holes in my own progress. very debilitating indeed. long term it will kill you motivation wise. the movement goes from being eskeptical, to negative, to downright self flaggelation. 
Login or register to post.
#20
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

Buii wrote:
Hey Ozzie!

Tyler often mentions some Book he's reading.

Your content is awesome! Can you give some Book tips?

I really like your idea of the Transformation of mind and the idea of alchemy!
What inspired you to this way of thinking?

Greetz from Germany

(the Part about girlfriends was awesome!)
awesome. some of the books i read will not appeal to most people because they are downright boring and kind of mystical. here it goes, "transformation of the psyche". if you have the balls to read that book(very expensive too, so watch out for your investment) and not kill yourself, you have my admiration, sir. i also read lighter books to have something to say here. there is another book about alchemy which is lighter and more appropriate for us in the game but i don't remember the name. if you do a search in amazon on "alchemy" you will find plenty of books on the subject. the problem they all talk about chemical process and do not connect it to the mind. 

the part about my ex girlfriend was hard to write about because i made so many mistakes in those areas i think i am a cuationary tale. you learn through mistakes and situations. 
Login or register to post.
#21
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

Elamanopiskelija wrote:
What! there is a lot of homework here, and I am not even at half of the article!
i know. working on yourself is hard work but the payoffs are great down the line. 
Login or register to post.
#22
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

Gulisos wrote:
Ozzie,

The second video, althought the content is good, somehow lack. I missing the flow that keep me interested for longer time. There is to many moments when the energy goes down. It's hard to explain. It's just about the flow.

On the opposite side first and last videos are very nice. You are very natural and easy with public. Also the topic about the fear is important.

I also like how you write the description, not only puts video. It make the material stronger because you watch it and then you can read about it.

Keep posting more.
liked your feedback. on point. second video is me learning to shoot videos with multiple takes, thus the change in energy. public speaking i do without thinking because i am used to it, however, i can't have the same output of public speaking than other instructors because i don't do as many free tours. i was invited by julien on this one. staring at a camera is a different story without an audience. it is like talking to yourself, very uncomfortable and very unnatural. i am improving as i go along. a long way to go in that area. baby steps. 
i thought if i write about the videos you will be looking at a 5000 word article is almost a chapter in a book. may be next time i will just write a paragraph about each video. 
great feedback.
thanks for taking the time. 
Login or register to post.
#23
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

Rexx wrote:
Ozzie,

After watching these videos I realized you are a true master..so much value man!

"Avoiding failure is avoiding success"

%10 knowing what to do, %90 is fear. Two causes of fear:

1. thinking people have high expections

2. having negative views toward self

Thanks,
Rex


thanks. that video is meant to be an exposition of my program to be sent to bootcamp clients prior to bc. but i decided to include it here even though people on this front page have heard me talk about this too many times. i hesitated putting it in for that reason. it is meant for those who don't know what my program is about. 
Login or register to post.
#24
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

smack_attack wrote:
 I'm definitely using that "squirrel" technique.
this used to be a running inside joke in the londo crew reload. we talked of skanks as squirrels. we had a system of clasifying girls from ugly, fat, ok, skanks(squirrels), hotties, super hot. i don't remember it anymore but included several definitions created by the very sick brains of matt/goran/smirnoff/pringles/paully. i also contributed though. i guess i am as sick too. 
Login or register to post.
#25
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8088

Love the vids Ozzie, I'm becoming a fan!

As you mentioned above, it's initially SUPER weird to talk into an empty camera.

Eckhart Tolle mentioned the same thing when he started recording Eckhart Tolle TV, and said within a few weeks he realized that the camera was a "portal" to transmit presence to his audience around the world. :)

Of course in non woo-woo speak it just means he got accustomed to speaking into the camera, like any normal guy who has to do it regularly LOL.

I found that after about 6 months of doing it, it became really natural, now to the point where it's literally nothing.

Julien struggled with it to a RIDICULOUS degree initially as well, I've never seen him stumble on himself more than back in the day when he was doing vBlogs.  Now he's become incredibly proficient with it.

The key is you have to get used to que'ing up material as you're speaking, while keeping your mouth moving -- it' takes time!  Assume it's like 6 monthsof weekly repetition until it's 100% natural, but in the  meantime it will just get easier and easier.

Anyway really good stuff man looking forward to seeing more!

Tyler
Login or register to post.
#26

Sourceprana

Member

Join Date: 09/19/2011 | Posts: 59

Actually stopped reading the articles on the frontpage , until Ozzie returned ! Good stuff man , keep it up
Login or register to post.
#27
gilfox

gilfox

Senior Member

Join Date: 11/16/2012 | Posts: 176

Hi Ozzie! Big hands up for this stuff, this is not a class this is life school!

It's amazing to realize how many things resonate or resonated in the past, one can only see plp that walked the path and get inspired to continue on the path no matter what and this testimonials are key for that so BIG thank you man!

Keep them comming this is great stuff hopefully to see you at a bootcamp maybe next year if all goes as planned.
I could rant a little but I'm done talking about it, I want to do it!! ;-)

See you around
Peace and love!
Login or register to post.
#28
JamZx

JamZx

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/07/2012 | Posts: 274

LOL squirrel, funny line to make, a wild squirrel approaches.
Login or register to post.
#29
Todd

Todd

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 1024

"Perfectionists don't want to be successful." 

Profound.  Good Vid Ozzie.
Login or register to post.
#30

taipan

Respected Member

Join Date: 04/13/2012 | Posts: 317

Nice!! your work in delivery and videos is starting to show.

I find that the funniest parts of the free tour videos is when you interject a theory with a funny scene of your life. In my opinion it's the mixture between theory and playfulness storytelling that provides great value when doing the free tours.

Love that the Vblog about perfectionism showed your bloopers. Draws a great parallel between what you are discussing and what we are seeing. This is genius, no many instructors have done a video like that one. 

the bloopers only work when talking about perfectionism I don't think they would work on other topics.


Great work ozzie.

It seems you are very relaxed and chill in your vblogs - Compare that to the way Tyler or Julien do vblogs (they seem to tap into a source of energy that gets them in a weird zone where they can deliver efficiently)

Even if you see tyler videos were he is chilling he still seems to be a little off, he is like extra fucking chill and seems to get energy from that.

So it might be that making the best vblogs is about getting in a good state and transmittng the energy.


just my two cents.



peace
Login or register to post.
#31

Elamanopiskelija

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/08/2011 | Posts: 371

This is great content.

One thing I want to add that helped me with the "good friend" drill was actually being the good friend myself, going out there with a negative friend. Actually giving him the motivation to go up and talk to girls, also the extra motivation after the night coming back home (which was usually the most negative moment) made my imagination work a lot. Now I have a huge arsenal of those sentences for myself, more than enough for any situation I guess.
Login or register to post.
#32
The Struggler

The Struggler

Senior Member

Join Date: 03/21/2011 | Posts: 129

Awesome vids Ozzie, thanks for sharing.

Question:

Are there any books on this subject that you recommend ?


Cheers,
Rog
Login or register to post.
#33
Blom10

Blom10

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/27/2010 | Posts: 319

 Solid stuff Ozzie, I enjoyed the perfectionist video, that one was for me :)
Login or register to post.
#34
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

TheDuve wrote:
Return to Transformations form. Epic stuff (especially the London free tour.)
Very glad you're making the effort to make your new content so solid again!
Thanks a lot
as a matter of fact, i feel my sfuff today is much more solid than transformations because i kept program development as a top priority all these years. i am kind of lagging behind now on the internet marketing stuff but i will catch up because i think program development is way harder. content could be the problem but i am learning that these days it is not about quality content but the way you convey it and "sell yourself". new age. old dog, new tricks. lol. to be honest in transformation as i didn't give a shit about anybody or how the message would come out. it was pure raw stuff. may be that's why people connected with it. i was also very angry for some reason in that product. people don't seem to notice it though. transformations was an angry rant against routine game who was so pervasive and annoying at the time. i was also angry against the community for embracing it. i am a different person today. i look back and i yearn for those days because at least people stood for something. natural game now is a fact. back in those days we kept coming up against obstacles and people were not ready to accept it. tim and i will discuss stuff and i loved tim's approach to the game and his enthusiasm. but i hated that we were cornered in the community and had all kinds of detractors. tim didn't give a shit like he doesn't give a shit about shit in general. i did. i couldn't wait to "crush" those bastards. lol. tim came out with flawless natural tyler with blueprint, jeffy with jeffy's show and i came out with physical game. we flooded the community with successful products. the rest is history. nobody will ever succeed to replicate the success of transformations, blueprint, flawless natural. it has been tried.  
Login or register to post.
#35
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

Elamanopiskelija wrote:
This is great content.

One thing I want to add that helped me with the "good friend" drill was actually being the good friend myself, going out there with a negative friend. Actually giving him the motivation to go up and talk to girls, also the extra motivation after the night coming back home (which was usually the most negative moment) made my imagination work a lot. Now I have a huge arsenal of those sentences for myself, more than enough for any situation I guess.
it is important to learn to be self-supportive. i give tools in my program for that reason to fight negative thoughts because i know they come in and if the student is not ready he will not be successful after program. 
Login or register to post.
#36
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

The Struggler wrote:
Awesome vids Ozzie, thanks for sharing.

Question:

Are there any books on this subject that you recommend ?


Cheers,
Rog
i recommended "transformation of the psyche" which inspired this article but it is a long boring mystical book, very expensive too. however there are other books on alchemy in amazon. you might want to try something simple like the solutions i gave in this article. these are alchemical tools for transformation. the fastest tool is fear technology. it has the power to transform very quickly but of course i sell it and you might think i am selling myself here. however, if you read my reviews and try some of that stuff, it wont cost you. it is free. 
Login or register to post.
#37
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

taipan wrote:
Nice!! your work in delivery and videos is starting to show.

I find that the funniest parts of the free tour videos is when you interject a theory with a funny scene of your life. In my opinion it's the mixture between theory and playfulness storytelling that provides great value when doing the free tours.

Love that the Vblog about perfectionism showed your bloopers. Draws a great parallel between what you are discussing and what we are seeing. This is genius, no many instructors have done a video like that one. 

the bloopers only work when talking about perfectionism I don't think they would work on other topics.


Great work ozzie.

It seems you are very relaxed and chill in your vblogs - Compare that to the way Tyler or Julien do vblogs (they seem to tap into a source of energy that gets them in a weird zone where they can deliver efficiently)

Even if you see tyler videos were he is chilling he still seems to be a little off, he is like extra fucking chill and seems to get energy from that.

So it might be that making the best vblogs is about getting in a good state and transmittng the energy.


just my two cents.



peace
thanks for the feedback. greatly appreciated. trying to find my own style and personality in the videos. i don't want to look like those guys however good they are. it won't be good for me either. i do take their suggestions very seriously. tyler has come up with some ideas for me that i am currently implementing in those videos already. i am planning on doing some walking videos where i don't look so chill. so the moving will make me look energetic. i have a few other ideas to counter act my "chillness" that i will implement in coming videos. for example in my public speaking i seem to be more animated because i feed off the energy of the audience. you have to substitute that when you are staring into an empty lense. i am thinking of yelling at the camera and letting off my anger. that will scare and please a few people. lol. no, but seriously. thanks. 
Login or register to post.
#38
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

Blom10 wrote:
 Solid stuff Ozzie, I enjoyed the perfectionist video, that one was for me :)
thanks for taking the time. i would be interested in what you liked about it specifically so i can replicate it in other videos. also any other topics you would like me to talk about. :D
Login or register to post.
#39
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

John Cusack wrote:

Ozzie wrote:

John Cusack wrote:
Yes, and being a perfectionist + a feedback junkie is even worst, because not only you beat yourself up for not being perfect but also with extreme sensitiveness you can see every little cue of the environment that validate the errors. This is like an AVALANCHE of overwhelming bad emotions for your RAS and very difficult if not impossible to "RE-RAS-it". It's like telling a skeptical: "Ok, from now on you're gonna see UFOs, and the only reason you didn't saw them before was because you didn't pay attention". There was something like this in the Blueprint I think. Great Post. I'd love to see longer vids of you Ozzie. Cheers
being self-deprecating is a tell-tale sign of perfectionism. i used to do it all the time. always will find something to be sarcastic about my own performance or little self "put downs" to poke holes in my own progress. very debilitating indeed. long term it will kill you motivation wise. the movement goes from being eskeptical, to negative, to downright self flaggelation. 
Yes, this is the way I picture it: the chain "being Skeptical, to negative, to downright self flagellation." is like the RIVER in which my stream of emotions always flowed as a response to an error(let´s say since childhood... dammit mom haha!), and suddenly I want to diverge it into a new improved riverbed (re-RAS-positive-take action-whatever)... but compared to the old one it´s insignificant... all the "water" will still flow as it always did, but maybe just a "trickle" will flow in the new direction... then as more and more water runs, the new riverbed becomes deeper and wider.

Loose the ski-blue T-shirt! I don´t like it. <--- good intended criticism.
criticism is welcome too. t-shirt, checked. according to our resident internet marketing guru, alex V, i need to include my audience in the creative process. that's what i am doing. at first i thought it was dishonest. then i thought, fuck it, let's give it a chance. then i thought it was more dishonest not to listen to my audience who is the final consumer of my videos. i had a choice to either keep ignoring them, thinking they were a bunch of morons who had no clue, or get off the high horse and start paying attention. the latter was more honest. i think it is not manipulation as long as i can keep it real. 

negative thoughts need to be welcome in order to work with them. this is a huge part of the alchemical process i talk about. you must accept negative thoughts as part of the soup. they are the ingredients of the final product: positive expectations. the key is to turn those negative thoughts, cook them slowly, and make a soup out of it. 
Login or register to post.
#40
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

Sourceprana wrote:
Actually stopped reading the articles on the frontpage , until Ozzie returned ! Good stuff man , keep it up
sick!
Login or register to post.
#41
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

gilfox wrote:
Hi Ozzie! Big hands up for this stuff, this is not a class this is life school!

It's amazing to realize how many things resonate or resonated in the past, one can only see plp that walked the path and get inspired to continue on the path no matter what and this testimonials are key for that so BIG thank you man!

Keep them comming this is great stuff hopefully to see you at a bootcamp maybe next year if all goes as planned.
I could rant a little but I'm done talking about it, I want to do it!! ;-)

See you around
Peace and love!
the more i interact with live audiences the more i realize they are not interested in big theory stuff but in real life stories. that's how they relate. there is no other way of getting to them. i sometimes talk about totally unrelated stuff but they connect because it is real to me like the squirrel stuff. 
Login or register to post.
#42
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

John Cusack wrote:
I'll NEVER be a pickup-product costumer. So don't waste time on me. I can't believe you guys build a industry around it. But yes! Answering to your audience it's a great selling strategy. Embrace the morons otherwise I don't know why you turn the comments ON. You'll never know what kind of person is in the other side of the screen judging just what they type.
And Honesty?... I think it's too late for that. Like 10 years late. Don't you think?

I am a satisfied costumer. I paid for two bootcamps before I became an instructor. First one was a magic pill. It got me laid out of my mind. I also would hang on every word my gurus would say. But I moved on from them like all students do. It is part if the learning process to "kill" your master in your mind and move on.
Login or register to post.
#43

Bowss

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/22/2012 | Posts: 269

Ozzie wrote:

TheDuve wrote:
Return to Transformations form. Epic stuff (especially the London free tour.)
Very glad you're making the effort to make your new content so solid again!
Thanks a lot
as a matter of fact, i feel my sfuff today is much more solid than transformations because i kept program development as a top priority all these years. i am kind of lagging behind now on the internet marketing stuff but i will catch up because i think program development is way harder. content could be the problem but i am learning that these days it is not about quality content but the way you convey it and "sell yourself". new age. old dog, new tricks. lol. to be honest in transformation as i didn't give a shit about anybody or how the message would come out. it was pure raw stuff. may be that's why people connected with it. i was also very angry for some reason in that product. people don't seem to notice it though. transformations was an angry rant against routine game who was so pervasive and annoying at the time. i was also angry against the community for embracing it. i am a different person today. i look back and i yearn for those days because at least people stood for something. natural game now is a fact. back in those days we kept coming up against obstacles and people were not ready to accept it. tim and i will discuss stuff and i loved tim's approach to the game and his enthusiasm. but i hated that we were cornered in the community and had all kinds of detractors. tim didn't give a shit like he doesn't give a shit about shit in general. i did. i couldn't wait to "crush" those bastards. lol. tim came out with flawless natural tyler with blueprint, jeffy with jeffy's show and i came out with physical game. we flooded the community with successful products. the rest is history. nobody will ever succeed to replicate the success of transformations, blueprint, flawless natural. it has been tried.  

I reckon your program is probably way more solid, as you say. If I do take a bootcamp, I'm highly considering yours (and not just cos I live in London)! I personally am not massively swayed by delivery (although it does make it better for me if it is very good), but way more by the content, and I have to say that as much as Owen says that freetour and vblogs are just for fun, they also have VERY good content. I think the issue with some of your previous free vids was that they weren't particularly comprehensive, they were a few thoughts on a topic (even though what you DID say was great).
Login or register to post.
#44
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2480

TheDuve wrote:

Ozzie wrote:

TheDuve wrote:
Return to Transformations form. Epic stuff (especially the London free tour.)
Very glad you're making the effort to make your new content so solid again!
Thanks a lot
as a matter of fact, i feel my sfuff today is much more solid than transformations because i kept program development as a top priority all these years. i am kind of lagging behind now on the internet marketing stuff but i will catch up because i think program development is way harder. content could be the problem but i am learning that these days it is not about quality content but the way you convey it and "sell yourself". new age. old dog, new tricks. lol. to be honest in transformation as i didn't give a shit about anybody or how the message would come out. it was pure raw stuff. may be that's why people connected with it. i was also very angry for some reason in that product. people don't seem to notice it though. transformations was an angry rant against routine game who was so pervasive and annoying at the time. i was also angry against the community for embracing it. i am a different person today. i look back and i yearn for those days because at least people stood for something. natural game now is a fact. back in those days we kept coming up against obstacles and people were not ready to accept it. tim and i will discuss stuff and i loved tim's approach to the game and his enthusiasm. but i hated that we were cornered in the community and had all kinds of detractors. tim didn't give a shit like he doesn't give a shit about shit in general. i did. i couldn't wait to "crush" those bastards. lol. tim came out with flawless natural tyler with blueprint, jeffy with jeffy's show and i came out with physical game. we flooded the community with successful products. the rest is history. nobody will ever succeed to replicate the success of transformations, blueprint, flawless natural. it has been tried.  

I reckon your program is probably way more solid, as you say. If I do take a bootcamp, I'm highly considering yours (and not just cos I live in London)! I personally am not massively swayed by delivery (although it does make it better for me if it is very good), but way more by the content, and I have to say that as much as Owen says that freetour and vblogs are just for fun, they also have VERY good content. I think the issue with some of your previous free vids was that they weren't particularly comprehensive, they were a few thoughts on a topic (even though what you DID say was great).

Thx. Will keep working on delivery.
Login or register to post.
#45

sklu

Member

Join Date: 10/23/2007 | Posts: 93

Hi Ozzie,

as an older gentleman I really appreciate your chilled vibe in your vids. You are like a rock in troubled waters.

Do not let Tyler make you into a more engaging or energetic person if it is not your style.

Your content speaks for itself. It is mature and has a lot of pratical wisdom in it.

Other instructors do not have this depth, not even tyler (altho his stuff is good).

I would like to see more stuff from your free tours like your "Integration Of Opposites" video when you are in flow state.

Thanks.
Login or register to post.
#46

Egyptian

Member

Join Date: 10/04/2010 | Posts: 87

 Hey Ozzie,

I think your video blogs will improve if you stick at it. Just take it slow and dont put pressure on yourself while you're doing it. You've got great things to say, just the delivery. And with your public speaking at free tours etc... I think you should try and inject your speeches with more humour. You're at your funniest when you are being frank and blatant and hard-line and critical of things your students have said and done in the past. Funny stuff. :) The ranting style suits your personally I think, as well as the reflective kind of wisdom that you convey too. 

Your video blogs and free tour speeches should include more funny stories (LOTS OF FUNNY STORIES!!!) and stories from your personal history, get  your personality into it and people will resonate with that.  People want to hear that stuff, like your troubles in learning game etc and your insights on your own learning curve. People want to find out about you. They need to connect with your personality and build trust that way. They would greatly appreciate getting to know you more. Frankness, sincerity and being straightforward is your style, I believe. Youve got to channel what you do best. 
Login or register to post.
#47

Egyptian

Member

Join Date: 10/04/2010 | Posts: 87

Hey Ozzie,

I think your video blogs will improve if you stick at it. Just take it slow and dont put pressure on yourself while you're doing it. You've got great things to say and wisdom to share obviously. And with your public speaking at free tours etc... I think you should try and inject your speeches with more humour. You're at your funniest when you are being frank and blatant and hard-line and critical of things your students have said and done in the past. Funny stuff. :) The ranting style suits your personally I think, as well as the reflective kind of wisdom that you convey too.

I think that in your video blogs and free tour speeches you should include more funny stories to illustrate your main points youre making (LOTS OF FUNNY STORIES!!!). Stories from your personal history, get your personality into it and people will resonate with that. It builds trust too and your material will come alive.  People want to hear that stuff, like your own troubles in learning game etc and your insights on your own learning curve. People want to find out about you. These new videos in this article include this stuff and it's great! They would greatly appreciate getting to know you more. Frankness, sincerity and being straightforward is your style. Youve got to channel what you do best.

PS. In the past few month I've had some great success in the game and I'm really starting to appreciate the idea of the game giving back only in its own time. Its a really comforting thought on one's journey.
Login or register to post.
#48

Egyptian

Member

Join Date: 10/04/2010 | Posts: 87

 Hey Ozzie,

I think your video blogs will improve if you stick at it. Just take it slow and dont put pressure on yourself while you're doing it. You've got great things to say and wisdom to share obviously. And with your public speaking at free tours etc... I think you should try and inject your speeches with more humour. You're at your funniest when you are being frank and blatant and hard-line and critical of things your students have said and done in the past. Funny stuff. :) The ranting style suits your personally I think, as well as the reflective kind of wisdom that you convey too.

I think that in your video blogs and free tour speeches you should include more funny stories to illustrate your main points youre making (LOTS OF FUNNY STORIES!!!). Stories from your personal history, get your personality into it and people will resonate with that. It builds trust too and your material will come alive. People want to hear that stuff, like your own troubles in learning game etc and your insights on your own learning curve. People want to find out about you. These new videos in this article include this stuff and it's great! They would greatly appreciate getting to know you more. Frankness, sincerity and being straightforward is your style. Youve got to channel what you do best.

PS. In the past few month I've had some great success in the game and I'm really starting to appreciate the idea of the game giving back only in its own time. Its a really comforting thought on one's journey.
Login or register to post.
#49

Egyptian

Member

Join Date: 10/04/2010 | Posts: 87

 Hey Ozzie,

I think your video blogs will improve if you stick at it. Just take it slow and dont put pressure on yourself while you're doing it. You've got great things to say and wisdom to share obviously. And with your public speaking at free tours etc... I think you should try and inject your speeches with more humour. You're at your funniest when you are being frank and blatant and hard-line and critical of things your students have said and done in the past. Funny stuff. :) The ranting style suits your personally I think, as well as the reflective kind of wisdom that you convey too.

I think that in your video blogs and free tour speeches you should include more funny stories to illustrate your main points youre making (LOTS OF FUNNY STORIES!!!). Stories from your personal history, get your personality into it and people will resonate with that. It builds trust too and your material will come alive. People want to hear that stuff, like your own troubles in learning game etc and your insights on your own learning curve. People want to find out about you. These new videos in this article include this stuff and it's great! They would greatly appreciate getting to know you more. Frankness, sincerity and being straightforward is your style. Youve got to channel what you do best.

PS. In the past few month I've had some great success in the game and I'm really starting to appreciate the idea of the game giving back only in its own time. Its a really comforting thought on one's journey.
Login or register to post.
#50
The Struggler

The Struggler

Senior Member

Join Date: 03/21/2011 | Posts: 129

Ozzie,

Thanks for the reply.

I've got your book, but I was interested in some of the source information that helped shape you thinking -- I find it helps me a lot to read the source information (like: Power of Now, Mastery, etc.), it seems to help me get more out of the articles that you and the other instructors post.


Cheers,
Rog.
Login or register to post.
buy valium online valium online without prescription buy valium no prescription soma online overnight soma online pharmacy buy generic soma no prescription buy diazepam overnight shipping diazepam online no prescription diazepam without prescription order phentermine online buy phentermine online phentermine online pharmacy buy tramadol in florida buy tramadol online without prescription buy generic tramadol buy xanax no prescription buy xanax online no prescription buy xanax no prescription overnight ativan online ativan online without prescription purchase ativan klonopin online pharmacy klonopin for sale buy klonopin tablet buy provigil online no prescription cheap provigil for sale provigil online overnight buy ambien cheap no prescription ambien online pharmacy order ambien online