Ozzie's Blog

Ozzie
 
Hi guys,

I am currently running a bootcamp in Munich. Been working a lot on video editing and producing 4 new videos. Learning as I go. Anyway leave comments, criticism is welcome too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's your schedule for the rest of the year 2012:

November 9-11: London
November 16-18: London
November 23-25: Copenhagen or London
November 30-December 2: Reykjavik
December 7-9: London
December 16-18: London


Here's the schedule for 2013

January 4-6 Amsterdam or London BC with Alex
January 11-13 Munich or London BC with Alex
January 18-20 London BC
January 25-27 Oslo BC with Alex
February 1-3 London BC with Alex
February 8-10 Stockholm BC
February 15-17 London BC
February 22-24 Tallinn BC
March 1-3 London BC
March 8-10 Dublin BC
March 15-17 London BC
March 22-24 Berlin BC
March 29-31 London BC



Sign up right now at: www.rsdbootcamp.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Empty Battle for Status in Pickup

I make it a point to always prep my students before going in the field for comparison. I always say, “Compare and despair”. It doesn’t matter how good the other student is doing, it has no reflection on your program. But I know deep inside they will compare anyway in the field. I keep saying, “Tonight it might be his night but you don’t know what tomorrow will bring.” I say this well knowing that most students who do well on the first night end up sucking on the second because they become too outcome orientated. They become too obsessed with repeating their success anyway. As humans we want to succeed because it reflects on our self-esteem. We need something external to validate us. Two things drive human beings these days, the quest for wealth and status(synonym with power).

(following vid is from the London Free Tour with Julien who appears in it)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xJtCORvQXA

“I want to be famous” Mantra
If you translate that in today’s world it means I want “power”, I want to be recognized, I want to be revered. Thus, the empty quest for power. There is nothing behind it but a thirst to be acknowledged. You want to know you exist on some level. Our society has bullied us to believe that we either succeed in life (money or power) or we don’t exist or don’t deserve to exist. I had to learn this the hard way because all through my 20’s and 30’s I was obsessed with this kind of imposed from outside success. However, there is a catch.
As Bhuddism teaches –I am not a Bhuddist-, desires are inexhaustible. The satisfaction of one desire breeds new desires, like a replicator. Perpetual disappointment. Life becomes an empty quest to satisfy an endless stream of desires created by your mind.
For example, you buy that new watch you were craving. Once you got it, your mind will generate more cravings for another much better, superior watch. And no matter what you do, there always will be a guy with a better watch. You foster inner discontent.

The Desire To Be Significant And Powerful In Pickup



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Z2yPlpktA

This desire appears in our pickup community less often these days. In my day there was always somebody trying to control the community. They would start a smear campaign against somebody to get notoriety or simply say their “method” was better.
These days, it has become a disease because people just want to be famous without putting up any hard work. They simply want attention and power. They want to alleviate their innate sense of scarcity and insignificance. They just want to be “someone”. This is because in recent times, fame itself has become more appealing. Whereas in the past people used to say they wanted to be famous for something(e.g. a famous artist, singer or guitar player) in this day and age young people are more prone to state they just want to be famous. In a recent survey, about 70 percent of teenagers interviewed responded they just wanted to be famous but had no idea what they wanted to be famous for. They just wanted the “status” of being famous.
I think Vince Vaughn parodied this type of attitude in the movie “Be Cool”. His character was a wanna-be-rapper/music promoter who was always looking for a shortcut. He was always trying to mime the behaviors of other artists but when hard pressed he was just a clueless kid. Real personal growth cannot be faked. For the same reason, many people think they can do the pickup instructor’s job. They think, “I only have to send guys in set etc…”
Funny how that works. It is like football, everybody thinks they can do a better job than the actual team coach. Even new instructors go through fallacies like that until they hit the cruel reality of coaching in field: you have no real experience and nobody can help you when you are dealing with a client one on one. Coaching is a job that requires tons of experience with the same situations until you learn to deal with them effectively. You need to make your mistakes first, just like in the game, and the process takes years. I remember myself, as a newbie instructor, trying to copy Tim’s program and failing every time to get Tim-like results. I had to learn just like he did. You don’t want to delay that learning process, you want to speed it up. You want to make your 2000 rookie mistakes fast. Again, the empty battle for status/power in order to quench the thirst for validation from the outside quickly. These days I just don’t even worry if things are not working out in a specific program, I just know I will learn something from it. So it is a win anyway.
I like that line in “The Way of The Gun” film, “The only thing you can assume about a broken, old man is that he is a survivor”. Survival cannot be taught.

Absurd Competitiveness



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iev_I407nms

“I just want to be better than the next guy”. This is not a genuine desire to improve, it is a desire for status. The person wants to be significant by getting more power and status than the other guy. To be considered important you have to get into a dominant position over other people, who you could treat with deference. You want the status more than you want to truly grow and develop as a human being. Anything goes as long as you are getting the status, it doesn’t matter if you take short cuts and use people and avoid the necessary trial and error required to build something. I remembered releasing my “physical game” book(took 3 years in total to produce) and like two days later receiving an email from a competitor on “how to get physical” with women. They used my book and changed the wording and rehashed part of my book. It doesn’t matter as long as they get the power and the wealth and the recognition. Our community is just like the world outside. Get status no matter what. People just want status without the pain staking process of getting the knowledge weekend after weekend in the field. It takes me three years to consolidate a full curriculum to teach on a program and a “motivated” guy can snatch all the precious content in just one “internet search”. Now that I teach fear technology I see many guys repeating the mantra “face your fears”, “do it anyway”. They just pick whatever is “catchy” and use it to get attention. It doesn’t matter that they don’t know what they are talking about as long as they get the attention and status. They don’t give credit to the original because that would mean relinquishing their status. After all they just want to be famous and get attention. They just want to be “important” for one day. Their lack of significance is alleviated for one day even they have to cheat for it. It is what happens when you have to put content out but you don’t have anything new to say because all has been said and done. What’s left? Let others do the work for you. However, people are not that stupid-sometimes I think they are. But, you can’t fool people forever ( Lance Armstrong comes to mind. It seems not only he will lose the status but also the wealth. He is being sued for all the money he got from advertisers.). Somebody, someday, will see through you.
In the game



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS3gt3WsDdw

“How can I be better than the next guy?”Wrong. “How can I be better than myself yesterday?” Right. You are always competing with yourself. You will never lose. Even if you are just a tiny better than yesterday. You always win. You can avoid the empty power play if you focus on your skills today and not the other guy’s. Chances are you always rate yourself down when you come up against somebody. You don’t want perennial dissatisfaction. You want to be motivated and inspired. That’s the kind of power you wish for yourself. Power over yourself. Self improvement, not other-improvement. Status seeking works for the short term. Glory lasts very little and soon you will find a way to make yourself unhappy again. Never enough. It takes you away from the path of continuous growth.

Program Story
A student complains because his program is not going well on the first night while the other students seem to be getting all the girls. He demands the same results because he paid for it. I say to him, “Money only buys you entrance in the program, the rest you have to earn.” Student snaps out of victim mentality and smokes the other guys the next day. I coach him to not look at what the other guy was doing and focus on his own program. As a result he was not distracted anymore and could focus exclusive on real skill building and not on power/status play. He stopped “wanting to be famous” in the program. As a result, he was famous. The other guys in the program gave him props for a fantastic night and told him he looked impressive in the field. Now the other guys are looking up to him.

Ego inflation
It doesn’t last. No matter how much we try to bolster and pick up the slack, your inner sense of lack re-emerges endlessly generating new desires. Quest for fame and status amongst a group of people always leads to discontent. You thought it would satisfy you but it didn’t. You increase those desires even more until it becomes an addiction. People’s approval is an addiction that never gets fulfilled. Just like female validation. Reason why I made my bootcamp into an ego-deflation galore. Your ego is destroyed and rebuilt with brand new reference points.
Being part “animals” as we are, there is no evidence of such ego-inflating behavior in the animal kingdom. It is unnatural. It is societally induced. Many animals seem to lead very slow static lives. There is no evidence of ego inflation in animals, who only live for satisfying their immediate needs except for some winter hoarding. Most animals and even indigenous people (unaffected by our society) aren’t ego driven so they don’t suffer our disappointments. I am not proposing going back to cave man days, I am just saying that ego inflation-temporary thrill of getting approval and control over others- is not natural. Thus, it is a disease that many in this community suffer just like in the rest of society. Addictions are not a rarity, they are the norm. Constantly craving for power or status within a group of people is not natural, looking for the quick thrill is an addiction of sorts that reflects the lack you suffer inside. This is why many performers or artists turn to drugs. Once the curtain goes down, they can’t get the same shot of quick thrills of the stage life, because real life doesn’t offer ego-inflating instant returns. But drugs do. You don’t want to turn this game into a drug because it will separate you from your true purpose of personal growth in the field.
Leave comments to this article and videos and I will try and answer all of them to the best of my ability.
Just a reminder for my schedule for 2012/2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's your schedule for the rest of the year 2012:

November 9-11: London
November 16-18: London
November 23-25: Copenhagen or London
November 30-December 2: Reykjavik
December 7-9: London
December 16-18: London


Here's the schedule for 2013

January 4-6 Amsterdam or London BC with Alex
January 11-13 Munich or London BC with Alex
January 18-20 London BC
January 25-27 Oslo BC with Alex
February 1-3 London BC with Alex
February 8-10 Stockholm BC
February 15-17 London BC
February 22-24 Tallinn BC
March 1-3 London BC
March 8-10 Dublin BC
March 15-17 London BC
March 22-24 Berlin BC
March 29-31 London BC



Sign up right now at: www.rsdbootcamp.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Login or register to post.

Related Posts

Comments

#1
dcampo3

dcampo3

Trusted Member

Join Date: 05/01/2012 | Posts: 1988

OZZIE IS BACK!! WATCHING YOUR VIDS NOW
Login or register to post.
#2

PickupHero

Senior Member

Join Date: 10/15/2012 | Posts: 99

 Awesome!! I've been waiting eagerly for your content Ozzie!! :) Thank you!! :D Hope this finds you well...
Login or register to post.
#3
J Dilla R.I.P.

J Dilla R.I.P.

Senior Member

Join Date: 06/30/2012 | Posts: 113

 Yo man, great great article, really dug the first first vid
Login or register to post.
#4

Jimbiz

Senior Member

Join Date: 12/04/2010 | Posts: 250

Just about to go through this article, but before I do, a word of advice for the Ozzie haters that were trolling him:
EAT SHIT AND DIE. U SUCK. VALUE LEECHES.
I bet half of them haven't even read the Physical Game.
OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE!
Login or register to post.
#5
CharlieT

CharlieT

Senior Member

Join Date: 02/07/2012 | Posts: 178

 Bahhh! Awesome vids Ozzie! Why don't we get more free tour clips from you?? The medium suits you perfectly.

@ Tyler, why can't you just concede that ozziersd is the Ozzie channel now? So much Ozzie value left out of RSDunderground.
Login or register to post.
#6

Stinkfist

Member

Join Date: 08/20/2012 | Posts: 46

 LEVA!! LEVA!! LEVA!! 
Login or register to post.
#7

Hankynatural

Member

Join Date: 08/31/2012 | Posts: 36

 Newbi's can watch foundations, please share some new or advanced stuff
Login or register to post.
#8

philippoohh

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/19/2012 | Posts: 118

seems like you took the critisism of the last article seriously :)
this is one of the best front page article i ve read in a very long time. very well structured, easy to read and at the same time an insane amount of value. i think its incredibly important to focus on the ego part, since this seems to be a big issue not only on rsdn/ in pickup but in pretty much every part of life where people try to fill their desire for happiness with money, power, fame, love etc.

to be frank: thanks a lot for the great value. right after finishing your free tour vid on youtube yesterday i put my shoes and jacket on and went out approaching :)
cheers
Login or register to post.
#9
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

philippoohh wrote:
seems like you took the critisism of the last article seriously :)
this is one of the best front page article i ve read in a very long time. very well structured, easy to read and at the same time an insane amount of value. i think its incredibly important to focus on the ego part, since this seems to be a big issue not only on rsdn/ in pickup but in pretty much every part of life where people try to fill their desire for happiness with money, power, fame, love etc.

to be frank: thanks a lot for the great value. right after finishing your free tour vid on youtube yesterday i put my shoes and jacket on and went out approaching :)
cheers
thanks. i did take it seriously. i tried to put lots of value on this article. it is hard to come up with solid content every week when u are not doing free tours and such. on the other hand i am happy some of u like this article. ego destruction is what my program is about.
Login or register to post.
#10
Leo-~

Leo-~

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/19/2008 | Posts: 315

good to see there is still a writer in here! ;-)

best coach. great man.
Login or register to post.
#11

georgeM

Junior Member

Join Date: 02/14/2012 | Posts: 16

 i took a lot of toumbles in this competition with other guys thing.It's something that is very deeply rooted in me or but taking fall after fall especially by losing girls to other guys or crushing when others are around that in my eyes were better than me i learned a lot.
Now i still have some problems but i'm better in emotionally dealing in field with this state shifts also i look more at myself and only focus on getting through the actions in field and nothing else.
Still i'm nott completly there yet but i know that by constant exposure to this situations i'll learn more and more and it's just a process.
Ozzie can u completly get rid of this or just accept that you can only get better in dealing with this emotonal things in field or in live but certain things will stay with you forever?
Like in the case of fear it's good to have cause u can work with it it's fuel for your processes?

Thanks love your fear technology I applied it myself most of the times alone wich is kinda insane to my friends I look like a guy out of his ming breaking couples making out and stuff..
The results that follow are amazing thank you again.
Login or register to post.
#12
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

georgeM wrote:
 i took a lot of toumbles in this competition with other guys thing.It's something that is very deeply rooted in me or but taking fall after fall especially by losing girls to other guys or crushing when others are around that in my eyes were better than me i learned a lot.
Now i still have some problems but i'm better in emotionally dealing in field with this state shifts also i look more at myself and only focus on getting through the actions in field and nothing else.
Still i'm nott completly there yet but i know that by constant exposure to this situations i'll learn more and more and it's just a process.
Ozzie can u completly get rid of this or just accept that you can only get better in dealing with this emotonal things in field or in live but certain things will stay with you forever?
Like in the case of fear it's good to have cause u can work with it it's fuel for your processes?

Thanks love your fear technology I applied it myself most of the times alone wich is kinda insane to my friends I look like a guy out of his ming breaking couples making out and stuff..
The results that follow are amazing thank you again.

good thing about fear technology is that it destroys the ego around the game thru systematically pushing u in situations u dont want to be in. losing girls to other gus is amazing. losing to them is great for ur ego. however, sooner rather than later they will lose the girls to u because u have no ego around it.
Login or register to post.
#13
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

CharlieT wrote:
 Bahhh! Awesome vids Ozzie! Why don't we get more free tour clips from you?? The medium suits you perfectly.

@ Tyler, why can't you just concede that ozziersd is the Ozzie channel now? So much Ozzie value left out of RSDunderground.
i will be changing channels soon.
Login or register to post.
#14
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

Jimbiz wrote:
Just about to go through this article, but before I do, a word of advice for the Ozzie haters that were trolling him:
EAT SHIT AND DIE. U SUCK. VALUE LEECHES.
I bet half of them haven't even read the Physical Game.
OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE!

thanks for the support. really trying hard at bringing value. my editing skills are not there yet but they will come along. let me know of any specific topic u want me to talk about.
Login or register to post.
#15

PerelAlon

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/16/2012 | Posts: 285

"What? You guys never done a midget?" hahahahahaha...
Login or register to post.
#16

alvferna

Member

Join Date: 07/26/2011 | Posts: 30

WOWI really found this very instuctional ozzie. I love the idea of unlearning because before understanding it I felt no matter what I learnt or did I always had to be learning the "Next step" from other pickup gurus but that just seemed to never end. i love your style of teaching. No BULLSHIT straight to the point of what makes you a true man!. Full taking action and responsability of your fear. This is true pickup value here. Thnx a lot

Cheers mate! :D
Login or register to post.
#17

StuBeDo

Member

Join Date: 10/10/2012 | Posts: 77

Great article mi amigo!!

“How can I be better than myself yesterday?” - that is just what I needed to hear at the moment (and I'm not even talking about pick-up).

Hey; I'd be interested in your views on direct and indirect game and also this current fad (?) of invoking strong emotions via extreme push-pull ('fuck off'/'I love you'/'fuck off'/'I love you'). Personally I prefer 'zero drama' (same as Tyler) but I don't know if I should be at least trying to go down that route, no matter how incongruent/unauthentic it feels for me initially?

Also could you do a vblog on what constitutes the perfect wingman?

Muchas gracias!!
StuBeDo
Login or register to post.
#18
Viciousskills

Viciousskills

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/09/2012 | Posts: 180

Finally! Another Great Ozzie Article.... You should really start posting more ofter man.
Login or register to post.
#19

Macavity

Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/25/2009 | Posts: 2454

 Glad you're back Ozzie!
Login or register to post.
#20
Rubennnnn

Rubennnnn

Senior Member

Join Date: 12/30/2011 | Posts: 98

Honest and to the point. 
i like the simplicity of your teachings, also your drills give me the necessary boost to go out. 
Experience in the field is key to break the unhealthy thoughtpatterns. 
Thanks!
Login or register to post.
#21
dev

dev

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/01/2011 | Posts: 871

 Brilliant article, so much value it's unreal. I wil be doing a programme with you very shortly. Can't wait.
Login or register to post.
#22
o2high

o2high

Respected Member

Join Date: 06/08/2012 | Posts: 475

 Really enjoyed all the videos.

Not comparing myself to othersm Neutral BL and screening is something I will work on
Login or register to post.
#23

Striker

Member

Join Date: 01/25/2008 | Posts: 42

I like the systematic way you go about getting rid of negative assumptions. Going to apply those ideas to my game tonight. Thanks. :D
Login or register to post.
#24

Kash.TO

Senior Member

Join Date: 06/05/2011 | Posts: 112

 Yeah Ozzie!
Login or register to post.
#25

Kickass

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/08/2011 | Posts: 228

 One of the best front page articles I've seen recently. Moar power to you Ozzie!
Login or register to post.
#26
nestea

nestea

Trusted Member

Join Date: 03/21/2009 | Posts: 2302

great stuff ozzie
Login or register to post.
#27
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

alvferna wrote:
WOWI really found this very instuctional ozzie. I love the idea of unlearning because before understanding it I felt no matter what I learnt or did I always had to be learning the "Next step" from other pickup gurus but that just seemed to never end. i love your style of teaching. No BULLSHIT straight to the point of what makes you a true man!. Full taking action and responsability of your fear. This is true pickup value here. Thnx a lot

Cheers mate! :D

i found that all learning is unlearning. actually this changed the way i taught my bootcamp. my bootcamp used to be about learning new, now it is about delearning the old sfuff and the new stuff happens by itself. i had to rethink the whole role of being a teacher when i am not teaching anything, but unteaching. paradoxical but effective in real life.
Login or register to post.
#28
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

Matt. wrote:
 That's some freaakkeeehhhh shit in the Prague video... Pretty squirrely. 

Been too long dude. We need to go to Nandos Chicken Restaurant sometime soon!

Nice article as always.

freakeeee, gotta love that chicken. very squirrely stuff indeed. we should regale ourselves with tales at nando chicken restaurant.
Login or register to post.
#29
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

Kickass wrote:
 One of the best front page articles I've seen recently. Moar power to you Ozzie!

thanks. i am surprised that many liked it. it was a long shot with the stuff about girlfriends and such google friendly topics.
Login or register to post.
#30

sklu

Member

Join Date: 10/23/2007 | Posts: 93

Thanks Ozzie.

I have come to the same conclusion that real learning at a certain age is un-learning a lot of limiting patterns.

Btw, google can not look into your videos and like it or not. Google onpage optimization is all about the title, description and words you use in the text surrounding your videos.

Thanks for providing real high value content.
Login or register to post.
#31

LoveHandle*

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/24/2008 | Posts: 940

 I would like to do bootcamp with Ozzie in Tallinn in February!
Login or register to post.
#32

Heurisko

Member

Join Date: 10/05/2009 | Posts: 34

 I think what you say about unlearning makes a lot of sense. The most difficult habits to develop may be those which are meant to replace deeply ingrained habits you already have. 

Btw, lol at the beautifully edited cuts to random, marching, costumed weirdos in Prague. 
Login or register to post.
#33
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

Hankynatural wrote:
 Newbi's can watch foundations, please share some new or advanced stuff

Let me know what you want me to talk about.
Login or register to post.
#34
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

Striker wrote:
I like the systematic way you go about getting rid of negative assumptions. Going to apply those ideas to my game tonight. Thanks. :D

already working on a new article on how to transform negative thoughts.
Login or register to post.
#35
Bossco

Bossco

Member

Join Date: 12/03/2011 | Posts: 73

I found this article to be great.  I like Ozzie's psychology.
Login or register to post.
#36
besserwisser

besserwisser

Trusted Member

Join Date: 07/28/2008 | Posts: 3090

The content of this article and videos is at least as good as Tyler's material. But Tyler doesn't talk about this as much.

The fear stuff is very interesting
Login or register to post.
#37
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

besserwisser wrote:
The content of this article and videos is at least as good as Tyler's material. But Tyler doesn't talk about this as much.

The fear stuff is very interesting

We work on different stuff but the principles are the same. Ultimately is absolute confidence around women and people in general.
Login or register to post.
#38
Polarize

Polarize

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/19/2010 | Posts: 255

Ozzie, I notice that once I go through the motions of life, social conditioning creeps back up unnoticed. When I read your content, I regain my clarity again. This article is probably one of your best ones I have seen to this day.  

One thing I'd like to see you talk about is ENFORCING PERSONAL BOUNDARIES. I know that it is one of the many pillars of RSD for developing a strong reality. I'd like to know how you discover what they are for yourself and in what circumstances should you enforce them and HOW should you enforce them.
Login or register to post.
#39

El_Diego

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/29/2009 | Posts: 146

 Cool vid Osvaldo

Gotta question though: how do you deal with evidence gathered in the field that does not support the beliefs you´re building for youself, like negative reference experiences so to speak.

I´m saying this cause lately i´ve been having a few times with guys being aggressive even sucker punching me in the back of my head, i know other guys that do go out had this as well. what i finally did about this kind of experiences is just to look at the bigger picture, focus on the moment and keep hollering girls XD , but i wanted to know if you had something else that might help with this topic.

Take care 
Login or register to post.
#40
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

El_Diego wrote:
 Cool vid Osvaldo

Gotta question though: how do you deal with evidence gathered in the field that does not support the beliefs you´re building for youself, like negative reference experiences so to speak.

I´m saying this cause lately i´ve been having a few times with guys being aggressive even sucker punching me in the back of my head, i know other guys that do go out had this as well. what i finally did about this kind of experiences is just to look at the bigger picture, focus on the moment and keep hollering girls XD , but i wanted to know if you had something else that might help with this topic.

Take care 

Violence doesn't happen unless you are provoking it yourself. I have a firm rule if you get pushed walk away. Negative experience happens but you win too because it is never as hard as your mind picture it. I also keep the guy I am approaching n front of me to be safe-. I force my students too fail for that reason, I want them to see it is not bad to fail.
Login or register to post.
#41
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

philippoohh wrote:
seems like you took the critisism of the last article seriously :)
this is one of the best front page article i ve read in a very long time. very well structured, easy to read and at the same time an insane amount of value. i think its incredibly important to focus on the ego part, since this seems to be a big issue not only on rsdn/ in pickup but in pretty much every part of life where people try to fill their desire for happiness with money, power, fame, love etc.

to be frank: thanks a lot for the great value. right after finishing your free tour vid on youtube yesterday i put my shoes and jacket on and went out approaching :)
cheers

Just decided it doesn't matter what people think of me on this forum but the value of the article itself.
Login or register to post.
#42

El_Diego

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/29/2009 | Posts: 146

Ozzie wrote:

El_Diego wrote:
 Cool vid Osvaldo

Gotta question though: how do you deal with evidence gathered in the field that does not support the beliefs you´re building for youself, like negative reference experiences so to speak.

I´m saying this cause lately i´ve been having a few times with guys being aggressive even sucker punching me in the back of my head, i know other guys that do go out had this as well. what i finally did about this kind of experiences is just to look at the bigger picture, focus on the moment and keep hollering girls XD , but i wanted to know if you had something else that might help with this topic.

Take care 

Violence doesn't happen unless you are provoking it yourself. I have a firm rule if you get pushed walk away. Negative experience happens but you win too because it is never as hard as your mind picture it. I also keep the guy I am approaching n front of me to be safe-. I force my students too fail for that reason, I want them to see it is not bad to fail.
Thanks man. I guess in this case i provoked this guy by talking to his girl, but sometimes dumbfucks get all aggressive for no apparent reason, or maybe to show off or as a way of payback because they cant be cool themselves. 

namaste 
Login or register to post.
#43
Ozzie

Ozzie

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 2529

El_Diego wrote:

Ozzie wrote:

El_Diego wrote:
 Cool vid Osvaldo

Gotta question though: how do you deal with evidence gathered in the field that does not support the beliefs you´re building for youself, like negative reference experiences so to speak.

I´m saying this cause lately i´ve been having a few times with guys being aggressive even sucker punching me in the back of my head, i know other guys that do go out had this as well. what i finally did about this kind of experiences is just to look at the bigger picture, focus on the moment and keep hollering girls XD , but i wanted to know if you had something else that might help with this topic.

Take care 

Violence doesn't happen unless you are provoking it yourself. I have a firm rule if you get pushed walk away. Negative experience happens but you win too because it is never as hard as your mind picture it. I also keep the guy I am approaching n front of me to be safe-. I force my students too fail for that reason, I want them to see it is not bad to fail.
Thanks man. I guess in this case i provoked this guy by talking to his girl, but sometimes dumbfucks get all aggressive for no apparent reason, or maybe to show off or as a way of payback because they cant be cool themselves. 

namaste 
if the girls like there is nothing he can do about it. i have seen this over and over. i also keep the guy right in front of me to be safe so i dont get sucker punched from behind. but this is unlikely when i am being friendly. sometimes guys open a set looking to get reactions out of people and so they piss people off. if you are friendly, it is rare that you will piss off people. other times i send my student to ignore the guys on purpose so he would get tested  but thats different. never be afraid of guys as long as they are in front of you. 
Login or register to post.