THE FORUMS

March 27th, 2017
Confidence is through the roof after getting into a top business school
Your rating: None
Bookmark and Share
#11

sentry303

Respected Member

Join Date: 02/05/2012 | Posts: 712

I read the game and was working as a pizza guy and I started approaching women like a week after I read it.
Login or register to post.
#12
m_admiration

m_admiration

Member

Join Date: 04/07/2013 | Posts: 62

 Could you please give more details as to what you did for undergrad, what you worked, and the steps you took to get to where you are at?

I ask this because I am heading into my fourth year of undergrad coming off of an awful third year where I just did terrible. I hope my shot of getting into a good business school isn't out the window in the near future, so I'm just asking for some refrence points. 

Cheers
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#13

devolution

Senior Member

Join Date: 01/26/2013 | Posts: 114

 Sure. I went to an ivy league college for undergrad, majored in economics, graduated Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa. I was also involved in tons of extracurriculars and leadership positions in college. I've always been an overachiever. Lol. After college I started working as a trader at a major investment bank in NYC, focusing on exotic interest rate derivatives-market making, hedging, and structuring.  Learned a ton and made great money but got burned out and want to develop a more broad transferable business skill set. And since I did not have fun in undergrad, business school will be a way to make up for lost time!  
m_admiration wrote:
 Could you please give more details as to what you did for undergrad, what you worked, and the steps you took to get to where you are at?

I ask this because I am heading into my fourth year of undergrad coming off of an awful third year where I just did terrible. I hope my shot of getting into a good business school isn't out the window in the near future, so I'm just asking for some refrence points. 

Cheers
Login or register to post.
#14

devolution

Senior Member

Join Date: 01/26/2013 | Posts: 114

 Cool bro. Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. Lol.

What do you mean by "dangerously" socially conditioned?
Lolomars wrote:
Best Master in Business, not MBA. I wouldn't mind it if you LOL'ed, but you would be laughing at the Financial Times ranking, not me. My GMAT scores were considerably above the average of admitted students for Princeton Engineering or something, that I remember that I casually saw. I'm like a semi-genius, dude. But c'mon! I don't want to AMOG you or anything. 

Enjoy the experience, dude. Have some LOLs for me. I recommend to you Wall Street. It's widely known that big investors are very happy people. Oh godammit, I can't help but be ironic. I gotta admit it though, dude, but you sound like you are "dangerously" socially conditioned, which here in the RSD forums can't be looked at as a good thing. But nah, in some decades me and you are going to be dissolved into the ground anyway, so enjoy it.

devolution wrote:
 Best MBA in the world? Please tell me it's Harvard Business or Stanford Business. Otherwise, major LOL.
Lolomars wrote:
 Some major identification going on here... If only it was so simple. I guess there would be no such thing as Eckhart Tolle teachings or spirituality. 

Btw, I also got admitted in what is recognized as the best Master in Business in the world. I'll start this Fall. I thought it was awesome, but I care wayyy less than you lol. Not even criticizing, just sharing my experience on the topic. 


Login or register to post.
#15
Lolomars

Lolomars

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/20/2012 | Posts: 199

 Have you seen the Blueprint? I mean that the impression I get from the way you speak is that you may be blindly accepting society's values without critical thinking. The "danger" is that you may one day find yourself unfulfilled and have no idea why, since according to society's standards you should be feeling absolutely happy. That is the worst case of unhappiness.

At that point you would probably resort to other means of being fulfilled, and if you happened to deicde poorly by then you could end up using addictions to feel that void. OR, you could instead begin to free yourself from social values as a absolute reality, and start seing stuff through perspective. Then maybe you could start getting interested by spiritual stuff. I'm just describing a common thing that happens to people who are succesful by society's standards. Maybe it wouldn't be your case, and hopefully it won't.

I don't want to spoil your joy, and I encourage you to enjoy the fruits of your work, to own it, to be socially succesful. It's just that happiness through external conditions tend not to last forever: your organism gets used to it and it becomes no big deal. For instance, a poor guy in Ethiopia would think he'd be happy forever if he had a secure house, plenty of food with no chance of shortage, and a godamn computer for free amazing videos. Well, guess what? Most of the depressed, suicidal people from our society do have all of those. How can that be?

It is that happiness actually is an inner posture and can't be reached by achieving external things. It can only be realized in the present moment by simply not resisting the way it is. 

You don't need to be concerned or anything, I'm just explaining what I meant and I believe most people who are into RSD stuff would agree with me.
__________________

Looking for wings in caliente Rio de Janeiro!


“The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.”

"Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations."

“But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know.”

- Alan Wilson Watts
Login or register to post.
#16

TexterGmg

Senior Member

Join Date: 01/28/2013 | Posts: 290

devolution wrote:
 Sure. I went to an ivy league college for undergrad, majored in economics, graduated Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa. I was also involved in tons of extracurriculars and leadership positions in college. I've always been an overachiever. Lol. After college I started working as a trader at a major investment bank in NYC, focusing on exotic interest rate derivatives-market making, hedging, and structuring.  Learned a ton and made great money but got burned out and want to develop a more broad transferable business skill set. And since I did not have fun in undergrad, business school will be a way to make up for lost time!  
m_admiration wrote:
 Could you please give more details as to what you did for undergrad, what you worked, and the steps you took to get to where you are at?

I ask this because I am heading into my fourth year of undergrad coming off of an awful third year where I just did terrible. I hope my shot of getting into a good business school isn't out the window in the near future, so I'm just asking for some refrence points. 

Cheers


op is a idiot. have you seen the people who go to business school, not exactly the fun and social types. More like the number crunching nerds whose opener is "Hello, my name blah, i went to business school, what are you doing?". 
Login or register to post.
#17

philippoohh

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/19/2012 | Posts: 118

haha nice reading that, cause im finishing economics studies right now as well. aaaaand funny thing its a lot less glorious than most people assume it to be. you are surround by ppl who are basing their lives on money and status. nobody even realises taht they re just chasing what society seems to value

ie nobody lives his on life, his own passion, doesnnt want to be great but to be seen as great ( to quote fountain head by ayn rand). living a joyful life in alignement with your own purpose (which requires loads of work to "digg" it free) is much more fullfilling
but i guess one s gotta realise that yourself blabal

maybe that might inspire some of you guys

__________________
if you re in cologne or freiburg and wanna go out pm me
Login or register to post.
#18
Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts

Senior Member

Join Date: 03/18/2012 | Posts: 139

 Listen to me very carefully. If your sense of SELF-WORTH comes from the outside world then you are doomed to fail. I don't know if this is a troll post or not but man... You are fucking deep into the matrix. 

Read this right know (this is you):  http://krauserpua.com/2010/11/21/defining-higher-beta/

Do you know what RSD stands for? Lol we don't like people like you very much. You remind me of Peter Keating from The Fountainhead
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#19
Phospher

Phospher

Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/04/2012 | Posts: 1279

 Congrats!!
__________________
 Vibe can't stop!
Login or register to post.
#20

keepingupballin3

Member

Join Date: 02/17/2013 | Posts: 53

devolution wrote:
Sup bros. So I just wanted to update you guys on recent developments.  After getting into a very prestigious business school in March, my confidence, swagger, and game have been through the roof!  I can't really explain it, but every day I feel damm good about myself, like I'm the shit.  I feel super successful, accomplished, and elite, and that just has been spilling over into my social interactions.  I now have no problem approaching women, and the well-educated attractive women in NYC are super impressed by what school i'll be heading to.  My social life this summer before b-school will be packed with parties and traveling.  In August I'm going to the Greek islands for yacht week, along with my classmates and will be partying with people from other elite business schools.

Being successful in life is WAY more important than looks and game.


Just going to say some things about this

I'm an undergrad at Stanford...don't let this shit go into your heads. It screws you up. The "well-educated attractive women in NYC are super impressed" again, it's stupid don't fall into that trap. Look you'll think you are all that right now, but once school starts you return back to your normal self because everyone around you is is not impressed by what school you go to because all of your classmates go to the same school}. Also telling girls what school you go to often times makes a lot of hot girls think you are fucking nerd right off the bat, basically blowing yourself out. Avoid that issue altogether

Just some advice, do not tell her what school you go it, have her find that shit out. I tell girls I go to community college, just because you say it doesn't mean it's true, you are going to be showing high value traits and whatnot. So It shouldn't make a difference, she'll know deep down what's up and you aren't being honest about it and that there's something more. She should just happen to discover what school you go to instead of being a try-hard mofo. 

Late in an interaction if she asks where I go to school, I'll say in California. Because honestly I don't want people to develop some bullshit idea about myself...The reason to brag about your school is a result of low self-esteem. 

Even subtle shit like asking a girl if she goes to "---" University is the same concept...Don't let this go to your head, you aren't special. Nor am I nor is anyone else. It's a great opportunity so make the most of it, but it is in no way your self of identity

Basically don't make it seem like a big deal what school you go to. Shit I rarely ever wear clothes that say my school's name on it [like those sweatshirts that students wear with their school's name across of it because of the annoying conversations about the specific school]. 

99% of people who wear harvard sweatshirts outside of Cambridge don't go to Harvard because it's just bragging unnecessarily by wearing it out.
Login or register to post.