THE FORUMS

July 24th, 2017
RSD: Who are you Voting For?
Your rating: None
Bookmark and Share
#51

Category120

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/03/2012 | Posts: 204

Honestly,
At this point I don't think our countries state of affairs has very much to do with the politicians.

It has more to do with the fact that people in this country are notorious for being Lazy and Stupid as fuck.

That's a much larger problem than any of the other shit, hands fucking down.
__________________
Life is not a battle between Good and Evil
Life is a battle between Good and Easy

-Me
Login or register to post.
#52
RockNRollPUA

RockNRollPUA

Trusted Member

Join Date: 12/14/2008 | Posts: 1955

Here is the reason I am not voting for either candidate.

Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act, which gives the Military the authority to indefinatelly detain any Amercian Citizen without trial, evidence, or charges, if they are even suspected of terrorism.  Mitt Romney said he supported this bill as well.

__________________
Sluts, Beer, and Metal!



My Field Reports:
http://www.rsdnation.com/node/208534/forum

If you are a Newb READ THIS FIRST, THEN GO OUT:
http://www.rsdnation.com/node/170650

Whatever I thought might hold me back, I avoided. I crossed girls off my list, except as tools for my sexual needs." - From the 1977 autobiography "Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder" by Arnold Schwarzenegger
Login or register to post.
#53

Sizzle_her

Junior Member

Join Date: 08/19/2012 | Posts: 8

 The most retarded thing about politics is that politics aren't about logic or argumentation. People will vote for that alpha person that shows leadership. His policies might be incredibly stupid yet, people will still vote for him or her cos he or she shows that intent. 

Politics is just a game of psychology and I try to look for good arguments, not who is tallest.

Look at the way political parties campaign in America. It's all about a fun atmosphere, smiling, saying the vaguest non-political shit so everyone will agree, say how proud you are to be an American, how fucking fantastic America is, and how we should appreciate the voters. Blablabla... And that is what makes people vote. Someone who is sympathetic, who understands their problems who will help them and promise them retarded stuff.

   
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#54

Feastmode

Junior Member

Join Date: 10/15/2012 | Posts: 25

This is more or less true.

The only respectful disagreement I would have is that Democrats have been historically willing to cross isles. Republicans, not so much. Hence, I think Romney would get more of his policies passed than Obama would. The Democrats have pretty much admitted the biggest mistake of Obama's presidency was not changing Sente rules (like weakening the filibuster) as soon as they were elected, and this has come back to bite them in the ass.
Tyler wrote:
IMO the biggest misrepresentation of the election is the candidates talk about what they're "going to do" -- when in fact it's what they'd THEORETICALLY DO IF CONGRESS WOULD PASS THE BILLS.

Ultimately they still have to get their ideas through congress, which in Obama's case didn't happen a lot of the time.

...
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#55
Trojan-

Trojan-

Trusted Member

Join Date: 02/02/2011 | Posts: 1172

Total Federal Debt as a Fraction of GDP
 null

World-war time levels of DEBT to GDP getting close 110% = United States is going straight to hell. None of the shit people are talking about matters.

China is stockpiling precious metals, has purchased more gold this year than the entire holding of the ECB. World-wide governments are positioning themselves to reject the USD, meaning there will be a currency collapse in this country. Shit's about to pop-off in the US, we're still floating on stimulus injection from the Fed Reserve (doubling the monetary base). We're already in a great depression, just a matter of time before the bubble pops and we start feeling it.

Last two presidents have been the worst in U.S. history if there's any objective measure of performance.
__________________
"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." 
"A man must stand erect, not be kept erect by others."
-Marcus Aurelius

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
-Confucius
Login or register to post.
#56

pullnow

Respected Member

Join Date: 07/03/2012 | Posts: 478

high_maintenance wrote:

pullnow wrote:
2.)The whole created more private sector jobs than Bush and Reagan is the biggest lie i've ever heard come out of Stephanie Cutter's mouth. I remember the day I saw that, I had to look up what she was distorting. No distorting, a bold lie. The Obama administration is counting the jobs since i think around February of 10. So they discounted two years of the job loss. That's around 29 months of job growth resulting in a net gain of 4.5 million private sector jobs. If you do the same method from the worst depression point followed by the monthly gains since Bush gained 4.7 milion jobs in t he 29 months after Juy 2003. Reagan gained 8 million jobs in 29 months after 1982 December.


You are so inconsistent, your biases come out pretty blatantly. You're blaming Obama for using job numbers from Feb 2010 instead of 2 years prior. As in, Feb 2008 when he was still running for president? You said yourself that until the first 9 months of the first term he's not even using his own budget, so that takes him to Oct 2009. So yeah assuming you're not lying about the numbers, he's out by a few months. But do you think Obama's policies are really to blame for job losses? Or maybe it was the crippling recession that was already taking place?

I don't know how you can even discuss this stuff with a straight face and say shit like that. I could contest more of your wall of text but I've gotta head to bed.
How am I consistent by any means with my data? Also, how am I bias if I'm simply making sense of factual information. A bias is where you prefer one party over another despite the facts, such as the liberals who continually support Obama despite the terrible economic indicators.

You also got what I was trying to say all wrong. I'm not discrediting Obama for using only 29 months of job growth from his worst point but the fact that Stephanie Cutter said they gained more private sector jobs than both Reagan and Bush. I just proved that he certainly did not gain more private sector jobs than bush if you account for it the same way. I have no clue what you're trying to say...

I absolutely think Obama's policies are responsible for job losses. Let's start with his tax hikes. These would affect people earning over $200,000 annually. Most of these people are small business owners but since they file as a sole proprietorship their income is filed through income tax. What Obama doesn't understand is these people funnel a significant portion of that income back through the business to pay for overhead/ cost of goods sold (salaries and growth). Well companies are now unable to grow because this new tax rate. Businesses don't want to hire because of this at all. Instead, the government thinks they can take this new revenue and CREATE jobs more adequately than the free market which certainly isn't the case. Their is a website for small business owners explaining these losses. We all know the government is terrible at investing, proven by all these failed green energy investments. Let's give this money back to small businesses so they can grow! Small businesses account for 64% of American jobs, why are we punishing these people?

The Fed drastic quantitative easing and operation twist- This has drastically hurt larger corporations and small businesses alike. Many blue chips have enough cash on reserves to create jobs but because a.) a lack of demand and more importantly b.) such uncertain economic decisions because of the fed they are not hiring. The Fed announced two years ago to hold interest rates to near zero till 2012 to promote banks to loan (i thought we learned from the mortgage crisis). Then this year they announced a third round of quantitative easing and decided to hold interest rates near zero till 2015! This is hurting the hiring power of businesses ten fold because they have no clue where the economy is going. We're artificially inflating this recession by contributing to much higher inflation which is also another variable severly hurting this economy. People's 401 ks have taken a giant hit because of the lack of fixed income from nonexistent rates.

Obamacare- Oh boy, how more people aren't scared shit less by this I don't know. First of all giving the government the right to FORCE you to purchase and decide what you receive for your purchase sets scary precedent. The average small business, already providing health care to their employees, saw an increase in premiums of 22%! That's huge. The increase in premiums was also paid by the employees. Companies are now having to pay as much as $5,600 more a year per employee. If you were a small business owner would you even continue to pay healthcare? Even further, would you decide to HIRE MORE PEOPLE? Of course not.

You can't contest me.
Login or register to post.
#57

pullnow

Respected Member

Join Date: 07/03/2012 | Posts: 478

Tyler wrote:
IMO the biggest misrepresentation of the election is the candidates talk about what they're "going to do" -- when in fact it's what they'd THEORETICALLY DO IF CONGRESS WOULD PASS THE BILLS.

Ultimately they still have to get their ideas through congress, which in Obama's case didn't happen a lot of the time.

The end result of the country in 4 years will probably be pretty similar whether Obama or Romney are voted in IMO.  I think they're both pretty centrist but just pretend otherwise to pander to their bases.

I also think they're both decent presidents, I'm not down on them like a lot of people are.  They have to "play the game" like anyone in a position of power, but overall I think they both would do a good job.

Tyler
How can you say Obama is a centrist by any means? Obama is a radical and far more left than Clinton ever was. Obama likes to buy votes with too many empty promises to boot (i'll post these later). He enjoys this class warfare when we already have the highest corporate tax rate in America. Furthermore, he wants to implement the "buffet rule" which would raise capital gains tax FOR EVERYONE. People are already scared to invest because they're being taxed at a 15% rate. If we raise that to 30% then NOBODY will want to have a 401k. This affects elderly people more than anyone.

The two candidates represent two very strict different paths American can embark on. Four more years of Obama would KILL the economy, far more than it has.
Login or register to post.
#58

Legend.Airy

Member

Join Date: 02/26/2012 | Posts: 91

 Its obvious from both candidates that individual rights are dead in this country. It's middle class, rich, poor, black, white, gay, etc...everything is about groups now..this country owes you nothing more than protection of INDIVIDUAL rights no more no less..the individual is now dead..republicans/religious want to control your mind and democrats/socialist want your money...INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS R.I.P.
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#59
Icy

Icy

Senior Member

Join Date: 03/29/2012 | Posts: 181

The upper class, buisness owners, and people in the miltary are not fond of Obama.  Obama has raised taxes for the upper class and buisness owners.  He has also drastically cut the budget for our

armed forces.  I have many friends in he military and they are not happy with the changes that ocurred over the past 4 years. Just what I have been told homies
.
Login or register to post.
#60

pullnow

Respected Member

Join Date: 07/03/2012 | Posts: 478

Legend.Airy wrote:
 Its obvious from both candidates that individual rights are dead in this country. It's middle class, rich, poor, black, white, gay, etc...everything is about groups now..this country owes you nothing more than protection of INDIVIDUAL rights no more no less..the individual is now dead..republicans/religious want to control your mind and democrats/socialist want your money...INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS R.I.P.
You have the right idea but it's certainly liberals that want to control your mind/money/rights. I do however agree that republicans talk too much about religion. I don't care if my president is muslim, they just have to be able to lead and make good decisions. I'm a free market capitalist and a social libertarian and go republican because they have the most similar views as I do.
Login or register to post.