THE FORUMS

October 17th, 2017
Where is the thread where COP breaks it down?
Your rating: None
Bookmark and Share
#41

MindFucked

Member

Join Date: 07/26/2009 | Posts: 79

I disagree with a lot of the advice RickyPatrol offered on how to deal with cops. His advice is given with the premises that you're guilty of some crime or that you're a complete social retard. If you are guilty of course, his advice is good, but if you aren't then you risk causing suspicion in the officer and wasting your (and his) time. The fact of the matter is the 5-0 isn't your enemy, a lot of them are actually just civic minded people who want to help keep their community safe. The best way to deal with cops if you're innocent is to be deferential, humble and honest. Show him you're not a threat and basically come across as a 'good person'. Cops divide individuals into three categories: citizens, criminals, and assholes. Citizens and criminals are self-explanatory, and assholes are citizens who aren't necessarily criminals but act belligerently towards cops e.g. by trying to play constitutional lawyer during a routine traffic stop. Cops HATE assholes.

Here's a great essay on the topic by a professor at MIT:

http://petermoskos.com/readings/Van_Maanen_1978.pdf

Bouncers are a whole different ballgame, and the power dynamic/proper way to deal with them is more complex and subtle in my experience.
Login or register to post.
#42
MidnightRambler

MidnightRambler

Respected Member

Join Date: 08/09/2011 | Posts: 682

Wow.

Not sure if I agree that *all* police took their jobs because they were losers growing up. I'm sure a certain % fall into this category, but some are ex-military, some have dads & granddads in law enforcement, and yeah some might just do it because they honestly want to serve the public and do good (same with politicians). It's a spectrum. Still you never know who you're gonna deal with so I see the wisdom in treading cautiously.

But as far as dealing with cops or bouncers while doing pick-up, this story is a great example of why it's good NOT to drink! It will only help you if you are sober and the other guy is drunk in a situation like this, especially if it comes to their threatening to press charges. You need to have your brain working 100% here.

MR

Tyler wrote:
Haha yeah true, except with regular people you can clown them and tell them to fuck off!  Even mock them to further attract the girl.

But with bouncers and COPs many of them took on those jobs because they were losers growing up and want to feel like they're taking the power back, so unless you want to take the particular COP to court and get him in trouble for falsely giving you problems (which solves nothing and isn't worth your time) you're better off just to avoid them.

I once had a 6'4 huge dude cheap shot me in the back of the head for his wife hitting on me, and the bouncers pulled him off and dragged us both outside.  Once they found out it was the guys' wife they turned on me and tried to blame ME for him hitting me, saying "You don't do that to a man's wife, LOOK AT THE RING BUDDY!"

All the bouncers happened to be 1) married, and 2) big guys.  So they identified with this big married guy, with the young smooth player "manipulating" his wife into hitting on me.  I became the enemy in their eyes because I represented the smooth player who would entice THEIR wives into hitting on me as well, so it was somehow my fault that she was giving me attention.

Next she was being yelled at by her husband so of course she denies that she'd hit on me and tries to spin it that I was hugging her without permission (ridiculous) and the bouncers said if she chose she could charge me with sexual harrassment.  Of course I could MAYBE prove this false in court and then COUNTER charge the husband with assault for nearly knocking me out with a full on cheap shot that only a complete loser would throw, but I'd still have my own ass dragged into court and basically have 2 losers BRING ME INTO THEIR LOSER WORLD.

(And WASTE MY TIME!)

When I got the cheap shot I initially thought the bouncers pulling us apart was FUNNY cause the idiot would be thrown out for hitting me, but in reality ANY CONTACT WITH BOUNCERS OR COPS AT ALL IS BAD.  So just the fact I had contact with them was putting me at risk, and I was better to walk away from what the idiot did and get on with my night.  If I wanted to get him that bad I should have done it privately and outside the club, but any contact with COPS or bouncers = BAD.

Instead I was kicked out of the club and relegated to a shitty bar, which was the biggest punishment of all. :)  Point being is just avoid these fuckers and do whatever it takes to stay off their radar.

Tyler
its_starscream wrote:
 Mannn this advice goes for ANYONE in society, not just cops and bouncers. If they see you approaching girls, they think you're strange. They feel like they can harass you because you SEEM to be harrassing others.

__________________
“'What the fuck!' gives you freedom, freedom brings opportunity, opportunity makes your future"

First Vegas Tinder Lay!

Vegas wingmen who want to step shit up!

Eastern Europe: The Field Reports

My Ozzie Bootcamp @ World Summit III



 
Login or register to post.
#43

Nice Guy

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/20/2012 | Posts: 260

MindFucked wrote:
I disagree with a lot of the advice RickyPatrol offered on how to deal with cops. His advice is given with the premises that you're guilty of some crime or that you're a complete social retard. If you are guilty of course, his advice is good, but if you aren't then you risk causing suspicion in the officer and wasting your (and his) time. The fact of the matter is the 5-0 isn't your enemy, a lot of them are actually just civic minded people who want to help keep their community safe. The best way to deal with cops if you're innocent is to be deferential, humble and honest. Show him you're not a threat and basically come across as a 'good person'. Cops divide individuals into three categories: citizens, criminals, and assholes. Citizens and criminals are self-explanatory, and assholes are citizens who aren't necessarily criminals but act belligerently towards cops e.g. by trying to play constitutional lawyer during a routine traffic stop. Cops HATE assholes.

Here's a great essay on the topic by a professor at MIT:

http://petermoskos.com/readings/Van_Maanen_1978.pdf

Bouncers are a whole different ballgame, and the power dynamic/proper way to deal with them is more complex and subtle in my experience.
awesome read.
__________________
Si pudiera volver a vivir
comenzaría a andar descalzo a principios
de la primavera
y seguiría descalzo hasta concluir el otoño.
Daría más vueltas en calesita,
contemplaría más amaneceres,
y jugaría con más niños,
si tuviera otra vez vida por delante.
Login or register to post.
#44
The Duck ✘

The Duck ✘

Trusted Member

Join Date: 12/02/2006 | Posts: 1353

+1!

Tyler wrote:
Haha yeah true, except with regular people you can clown them and tell them to fuck off!  Even mock them to further attract the girl.

But with bouncers and COPs many of them took on those jobs because they were losers growing up and want to feel like they're taking the power back, so unless you want to take the particular COP to court and get him in trouble for falsely giving you problems (which solves nothing and isn't worth your time) you're better off just to avoid them.

I once had a 6'4 huge dude cheap shot me in the back of the head for his wife hitting on me, and the bouncers pulled him off and dragged us both outside.  Once they found out it was the guys' wife they turned on me and tried to blame ME for him hitting me, saying "You don't do that to a man's wife, LOOK AT THE RING BUDDY!"

All the bouncers happened to be 1) married, and 2) big guys.  So they identified with this big married guy, with the young smooth player "manipulating" his wife into hitting on me.  I became the enemy in their eyes because I represented the smooth player who would entice THEIR wives into hitting on me as well, so it was somehow my fault that she was giving me attention.

Next she was being yelled at by her husband so of course she denies that she'd hit on me and tries to spin it that I was hugging her without permission (ridiculous) and the bouncers said if she chose she could charge me with sexual harrassment.  Of course I could MAYBE prove this false in court and then COUNTER charge the husband with assault for nearly knocking me out with a full on cheap shot that only a complete loser would throw, but I'd still have my own ass dragged into court and basically have 2 losers BRING ME INTO THEIR LOSER WORLD.

(And WASTE MY TIME!)

When I got the cheap shot I initially thought the bouncers pulling us apart was FUNNY cause the idiot would be thrown out for hitting me, but in reality ANY CONTACT WITH BOUNCERS OR COPS AT ALL IS BAD.  So just the fact I had contact with them was putting me at risk, and I was better to walk away from what the idiot did and get on with my night.  If I wanted to get him that bad I should have done it privately and outside the club, but any contact with COPS or bouncers = BAD.

Instead I was kicked out of the club and relegated to a shitty bar, which was the biggest punishment of all. :)  Point being is just avoid these fuckers and do whatever it takes to stay off their radar.

Tyler
its_starscream wrote:
 Mannn this advice goes for ANYONE in society, not just cops and bouncers. If they see you approaching girls, they think you're strange. They feel like they can harass you because you SEEM to be harrassing others.

__________________
Brad '09 BC Alumni ✘ Alexander 3x BC Assistant ✘ Former RSD Intern ✘ Copenhagen, Denmark ✘ SWAG
null
Login or register to post.
#45
Lupino-

Lupino-

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/15/2012 | Posts: 394

 
__________________
 null
Login or register to post.
#46
80H

80H

Member

Join Date: 09/06/2010 | Posts: 68

This is a lawyer's perspective on talking to cops - one of the best watches on the subject I've personally seen. It's a lot to digest, but it's totally worth it. 

__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#47
NamesAreHard

NamesAreHard

Respected Member

Join Date: 06/15/2011 | Posts: 354

What a crap thread. He's probably not a cop. This is why:

1. The mandate of a police officer or an investigator is to DETERMINE WHETHER A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TOOK PLACE and then to collect evidence. It is not the mandate of a police officer to encriminate innocent people. If this were the case, the police service would be ineffective as a police service needs the support of the community to be effective.

2. This advice is only applicable to criminals. If you're not a criminal there is nothing to worry about.


I know way more about police and how they operate than the average civilian. I know the history of policing from the times of fiefdom where the hue and cry system was used until Robert Peel revolutionized policing.
Login or register to post.
#48
DudeWhateverBro

DudeWhateverBro

Respected Member

Join Date: 10/20/2012 | Posts: 687

Tyler wrote:
btw the one thing that surprised me was he said to proactively "remain silent".

I'd imagine in a lot of cases if you did this, the COPs would just take you to jail and let the court system sort it out.  ie: if you've done nothing wrong, just explain yourself and you'll be let go without incident.

But at the same time I see what he's saying and respect his opinion because he's obviously more knowledgeable than I am on this.

Regardless I thought the article was really good as far as just staying away from bouncers and COPs as far as doing approaches, because although it's not illegal at all, it just looks weird and they'll often harass you BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Tyler
Cops can legally arrest you for anything--but arrest ≠ conviction. I can see how proactively remaining silent would seem counterintuitive, especially if you really trust your ability to speak with caution and talk yourself out of situations, but in this case the risks infinitely outweigh the rewards. You can only incriminate yourself by speaking--it can either do nothing or make things worse. In general, cops do not want to waste ~2 hours of their time booking you if you are silent, cooperative and obviously not going to give them any evidence for a case.

Of course if you have to say something, you can ask to speak with your lawyer or if you are free to go. But understand that the cops will constantly push and prod you to say more, and unless you have a lot of self-control you will want to say something else. They will be rude; they'll mislead you; they'll get in your face. They'll handcuff you and put you in their car, screaming at you the whole time. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE CALM AND COLLECTED AT THIS POINT. My dad was a Circuit Court judge in FL, and growing up we had lots of lawyer and law enforcement family-friends. I've had the "don't talk to cops" lesson pounded into my head from a very young age. It's amazing how unanimous this idea is in the judicial/legal domain. My dad always told me that, until you have been arrested, it's best to literally remain totally silent and otherwise cooperate completely. After you have been arrested, ask to speak with a lawyer.

I've heard countless jokes about scenarios with people being arrested and saying "I didn't do anything man, let me go" or "I don't know anything about [x]". Even something that simple will be twisted into evidence against you, and saying anything is, in general, going to result in you wasting MORE $$$ and time than if you had kept your mouth shut.
__________________
Ease
Trust
Dominate
Love
Login or register to post.
#49
DudeWhateverBro

DudeWhateverBro

Respected Member

Join Date: 10/20/2012 | Posts: 687

NamesAreHard wrote:
What a crap thread. He's probably not a cop. This is why:

1. The mandate of a police officer or an investigator is to DETERMINE WHETHER A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TOOK PLACE and then to collect evidence. It is not the mandate of a police officer to encriminate innocent people. If this were the case, the police service would be ineffective as a police service needs the support of the community to be effective.

2. This advice is only applicable to criminals. If you're not a criminal there is nothing to worry about.


I know way more about police and how they operate than the average civilian. I know the history of policing from the times of fiefdom where the hue and cry system was used until Robert Peel revolutionized policing.



That's retarded. Good luck.
__________________
Ease
Trust
Dominate
Love
Login or register to post.
#50

sexuallity

Member

Join Date: 02/27/2013 | Posts: 91

when a cop trying to stop you,run away like a mad,let him to chase you(buyer frame). lol
Login or register to post.