THE FORUMS

September 20th, 2017
Tyler, please help. Question on meaninglessness of life.
Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)
Bookmark and Share

Ray Allen

Member

Join Date: 03/17/2012 | Posts: 68

Hi! I lost my reason to live and do things.

I can't stop thinking about this stuff:

 

Not because of this video, I had similar thoughts long ago. I just resonate with it very much and Tyler expresses these thoughts very clearly here. This speech is very positive - but I'm thinking about it from the dark place.
The more I think about life the clearer it becomes - I'll gonna fucking die, and all the people I love and do good things for will also die, and universe will end - and therefore I feel like I can not do anything important or meaningful, I can not make a difference no matter what I do.

I was extremely passionate person, I was obsessed about 3D graphics. Since I was 13 years old I had a dream - get a good job at this field, and do what I love my whole life. I was studying 3D all the fucking time and loved it, I know now how important it is to be passionate about something for success and happiness. But then I achieved this goal - and it didn't made me happy. I found the job I've dreamed about, but I felt very lonely and miserable(well, mostly because I was a chode and knew nothing about pickup, and had no friends).

I started thinking that 3D is just about making a pretty pictures, and it makes no difference in people's lives, it does nothing good, and it even not improves me that much. I lost my passion for it, I felt no point of doing that, so I quit the job. At this point I was watching a lot of RSD videos, and they made me very happy, I started approaching girls, found a beautiful friends - so awesome that I could never dream about. I was improving myself, and I was the person that I wanna to be.

I thought - I wanna to do what Tyler does! This is something very beautiful and important - his videos dragged me out of miserable dark hole in my life and helped me to become so happy I could never dream to become.. And I thought that I could do the same for other people through writing and blogging, pay forward so to speak. That would be something important, that would make a difference. I had a burning desire to become a writer and self-actualized person, get good at self development stuff, and teach people how to be happy.

But the more I think - the less I feel that it is important, because the whole fucking life is meaningless. Writing is hard, and I suck at it now, and I don't enjoy it yet(becasue I'm a newbie). If I would think that something matters it would help me to go through this period, but I don't. I lost my passion, I lost my motivation, I'm lost in life and I don't know what to do.
Without motivation I'm not moving forward, not improving myself. I lost my self respect, and I dont feel that I'm awesome anymore. And I dont even feel entitled to be around my awesome friends anymore - because they're so cool and I suck shit by my personal standarts now, so I act like a looser and I'm afraid that I'll loose them too.

It seems like I don't even care about my own health and happiness anymore - you know, I'll gonna die anyway, so whatever.

Tyler clearly understands that the life has no ultimate meaning - he said it several times in his videos. But at the same time he is the most passionate and inspired person I ever saw. I want to ask - how? How do you find your motivation and powers to go through hard things when you don't have "ultimate meaning of life" to push you forward? How do you deal with this understanding?
You've said that you have "embarassingly big dreams" - how did you found them? How to find something important in your life to move towards?

You always was a great inspiration for me, your videos saved my fucking life. But now i'm lost and have no idea what to do.

P.S.
I know, I've created similar topic already, I guess now I expressed my problem more clearly. If anyone has some ideas or had gone through similar stuff - please share.
P.P.S.
Sorry for my english.
Login or register to post.
#1
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8780

Haha that vid is funny I haven't seen it in a while, thanks for the props!

The  main reason you feel this way is brain chemical imbalances which you can correct with proper nutrition / exercise / meditation / lifestyle.

It's like if you're HIGH OUT OF YOUR MIND then even if something bad was happening, you wouldn't care.  That's basically the point my brain it at now where it's so fortified with everything I've done to it I'm nearly always in a good mood.

The logical reason I'm not concerned about there being no clear ultimate purpose -- and as the video mentioned, even though I know scientists believe the sun will the planet so there's no clear ultimate purpose to anything -- is because I've always believed in God and that I'm doing what I was put here to do, and that I was lucky to even be allowed to do it at all.

Just because I don't think I'm "going to heaven" or that some guy with a beard in the sky is judging me doesn't mean I don't see a higher purpose to life, etc.  Organized religion really ruined that for a lot of people, since they think that's the only way of seeing things.  But IMO that's more like if there was this big well of water and some COMMERCIAL COMPANY came in and started bottling it and adding all this weird toxic shit into it, when you could just go directly to the water source yourself and drink from it directly in pure form, the way it's mean to be drank, etc.

Ultimately you have to see the world through your own eyes, and when you learn to decode your experiences and use your own intuition, you see a lot of larger patterns and greater purpose to what's going on.  I don't get into this because I believe that when people are properly trained to wake up they'll stumble upon it themselves -- and that if I have to tell it to them directly, they're not really seeing it regardless.

Tyler
__________________
HOT SEAT 2 RED HOT OFFICIAL LAUNCH IS JANUARY 25 @ 12PM EST -- check out the kickass new page at www.rsdhotseat.com

SIGN UP DURING THE LAUNCH FOR THE BONUS
FREE SECOND DAY OF HOT SEAT FEATURING JULIEN'S INFIELD FOOTAGE AND FOUNDATIONS: RELOADED.
Login or register to post.
#2

Ray Allen

Member

Join Date: 03/17/2012 | Posts: 68

Thank  you  very much!
I'm very surprised that you believe in God, that's very interesting. Several cool people told me about these things recently, I probably should really look into spirituality, I was always a sceptic and atheist and never believed in any of that....
That would be very cool if you would make a video some day about finding a purpose... And about things like God and finding this metaphorical "water source" - To be honest I didn't completely understand that, and how to find it(without religion). If you could "get into this and directly tell" some directions or your ideas on that that would be really awesome, it would be cool to know where to start looking.
For now I guess I'll just focus on getting my shit together and becoming better, going forward, maybe from there I'll see some reasons and understand what you're talking about. Thanks again, I'm glad you've answered!
Login or register to post.
#3

Kjaye777

Respected Member

Join Date: 05/07/2012 | Posts: 534

I'm not a Christian in that I don't go to church and generally beleive most religious people are delusional but I'd still say the Bible is the greatest book I've ever read bar none.

To assume there is no purpose to life, or no life after death is as illogical as to assume that there is. Look, the universe is here, YOU are here. That is a bigger miracle than anything else that could conceivabley happen, anything after that is easy so don't let anyone convinve you life has no purpose. I can't think of anything in life where there exists a need, without its fufillment being possible.  Hunger = food, arousal = sex, connection with people = relationships, etc etc.

The desire for there to be something greater than us is a universal human need, throughout all civilisations. It simply wouldn't exist if it couldn't be fulfilled.

Get hold of a New King James Bible and read the book of Ecclestiastes.  It will sum up exactly how you are thinking right now. Exactly! Learn that there is nothing new under the sun, no thoughts you are having are any different from the thoughts of millions of humans who have lived before you, and millions who will live after you.

It's all the same. I found the Old Testament stories from Genesis to Malachi to be powerful, powerful, powerful.  The life lessons, the wisdom, the perspective of life from a long term generational viewpoint. It's very comforting and you never need to go to church to read it.

It's so worth reading, especially if you have a spiritual yearning.
Login or register to post.
#4

NoGame™

Respected Member

Join Date: 06/27/2012 | Posts: 498

Great/interesting thread. Thanks. : )

Reading near-death experiences (Near-Death.com) began to change my perception of why people are here and what's happening the World and Universe. Some of my favourite advice (that is universally applicable) from Christian Andréason is "How To Walk In The Ways Of Love" See people who are accomplishing this have the following characteristics:

1. They are not easily offended (if at all) and they are always willing to forgive
trespass. (This is important.)
2. They are generous people who give wholeheartedly
3. They have a positive non-oppressive relationship with God that is continually
growing
4. They do all they can to be of service to others and bring beauty to the Planet

Whether you believe in life after death or not, you have to admit that's a pretty damn good way to life your life.

There's another article from personal development Guru titled "How To Find Your Life Purpose In 20 Minutes" (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/01/how-to-discover-your-life-purpo...) that people may find helpful. Thanks again for the interesting/mature thread. : )
__________________
Advocate of "Cool And Friendly" Game ... "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway" - Bruce Lee
Login or register to post.
#5
Zer0.Point

Zer0.Point

Respected Member

Join Date: 02/06/2012 | Posts: 492

False. Many times you need to rub this shit in people's faces before they get receptive to it. The more messages like that the better. I loved it when in the BluePrint you went through this deep. Keep doing it man. You explain it really well.
Tyler wrote:
and that if I have to tell it to them directly, they're not really seeing it regardless.

Tyler
Login or register to post.
#6
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8780

Nice.

Again though I don't think you need to "look into it" because that's just people trying to sell you something.

If you just WAKE UP from group think a lot of it becomes obvious.

Tyler
lplvlsl wrote:
Thank  you  very much!
I'm very surprised that you believe in God, that's very interesting. Several cool people told me about these things recently, I probably should really look into spirituality, I was always a sceptic and atheist and never believed in any of that....
That would be very cool if you would make a video some day about finding a purpose... And about things like God and finding this metaphorical "water source" - To be honest I didn't completely understand that, and how to find it(without religion). If you could "get into this and directly tell" some directions or your ideas on that that would be really awesome, it would be cool to know where to start looking.
For now I guess I'll just focus on getting my shit together and becoming better, going forward, maybe from there I'll see some reasons and understand what you're talking about. Thanks again, I'm glad you've answered!
__________________
HOT SEAT 2 RED HOT OFFICIAL LAUNCH IS JANUARY 25 @ 12PM EST -- check out the kickass new page at www.rsdhotseat.com

SIGN UP DURING THE LAUNCH FOR THE BONUS
FREE SECOND DAY OF HOT SEAT FEATURING JULIEN'S INFIELD FOOTAGE AND FOUNDATIONS: RELOADED.
Login or register to post.
#7
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8780

Yeah I relate to that list!

I've become like this from near death experiences, but strangely another reason you wouldn't expect.....

LISTENING TO PEOPLE'S CRAP FOR 11 YEARS HAS MADE ME LITERALLY *BORED* OF LISTENING TO MY OWN.

It's to the point that if I become negative I feel "like I'm at work" LOL.  Listening to some stupid crap.

That doesn't mean I don't like helping people work through their crap -- but after 11 years of it I'm sure as hell not having to work through ONE MORE PERSON'S crap. :)

So you stop being so "self focused" and cultivate a wider "circle of concerns".  Then as you watch people evolving you get a better sense of the bigger picture behind it all as well.

Tyler
NoGame™ wrote:
Great/interesting thread. Thanks. : )

Reading near-death experiences (Near-Death.com) began to change my perception of why people are here and what's happening the World and Universe. Some of my favourite advice (that is universally applicable) from Christian Andréason is "How To Walk In The Ways Of Love" See people who are accomplishing this have the following characteristics:

1. They are not easily offended (if at all) and they are always willing to forgive
trespass. (This is important.)
2. They are generous people who give wholeheartedly
3. They have a positive non-oppressive relationship with God that is continually
growing
4. They do all they can to be of service to others and bring beauty to the Planet

Whether you believe in life after death or not, you have to admit that's a pretty damn good way to life your life.

There's another article from personal development Guru titled "How To Find Your Life Purpose In 20 Minutes" (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/01/how-to-discover-your-life-purpo...) that people may find helpful. Thanks again for the interesting/mature thread. : )
__________________
HOT SEAT 2 RED HOT OFFICIAL LAUNCH IS JANUARY 25 @ 12PM EST -- check out the kickass new page at www.rsdhotseat.com

SIGN UP DURING THE LAUNCH FOR THE BONUS
FREE SECOND DAY OF HOT SEAT FEATURING JULIEN'S INFIELD FOOTAGE AND FOUNDATIONS: RELOADED.
Login or register to post.
#8

NoGame™

Respected Member

Join Date: 06/27/2012 | Posts: 498

Just a quick question Tyler: What's the most important thing you've learned "spiritually". I've noticed that in the last 3 years or so you seem really evolved.

Cheers.
__________________
Advocate of "Cool And Friendly" Game ... "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway" - Bruce Lee
Login or register to post.
#9

Klaus

Trusted Member

Join Date: 07/30/2012 | Posts: 1068

Actually, the Bhagavad Gita is better. Turn your King James into toilet paper.
Kjaye777 wrote:
I'm not a Christian in that I don't go to church and generally beleive most religious people are delusional but I'd still say the Bible is the greatest book I've ever read bar none.

To assume there is no purpose to life, or no life after death is as illogical as to assume that there is. Look, the universe is here, YOU are here. That is a bigger miracle than anything else that could conceivabley happen, anything after that is easy so don't let anyone convinve you life has no purpose.
__________________
RSD BOOKS - THE COMPLETE LIST When you start preparing for death you soon realize that you must look into your life  - now - and come to face the truth of your self. Death is like a mirror in which the true meaning of life is reflected. - Sogyal Rinpoche
Login or register to post.
#10

NoGame™

Respected Member

Join Date: 06/27/2012 | Posts: 498

Klaus wrote:
Actually, the Bhagavad Gita is better. Turn your King James into toilet paper.

That's the problem with people. They don't accept or appreciate other peoples' point of view. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't be going to war with each other for centuries.
__________________
Advocate of "Cool And Friendly" Game ... "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway" - Bruce Lee
Login or register to post.