THE FORUMS

December 3rd, 2016
IMPORTANT question: How to make pickup NOT like a chore?
Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)
Bookmark and Share
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

Because chores are never fun, of course. I've been going out for 7 days a week for a few months now, and I've kinda just been stressed out by "keeping the streak alive" type of mindset. So I took last night off, just to give myself a break and reevaluate my methods and such. Right now I think I might change to doing most days of the week, like 4-5. I also want to have more time and flexibility with school right now. Bottom line, I just want to make pickup something that adds happiness to my life, and for it to not seem like work, if possible. Does this make sense to anyone? 
Login or register to post.
#1
zayaz

zayaz

Junior Member

Join Date: 02/11/2012 | Posts: 17

 Definitly makes sense to me. It takes alot more time and effort to build up a skill than it does to maintain it. Remember progress does not happen linearly, but comes in spurts. You definitly sound like you could use some chilling back from going out constantly. And you can always hit it again full blast, and the rebound effect will probably be significant. 
__________________
 AIN'T NOTHIN TO IT BUT TO DO IT!

DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. BE ABOUT IT!

Those who strive for excellence will surley be above mediocrity; those who strive for mediocrity will fall far short of it.

If you don't know where your going, any road will take you there.

If you say something can't be done, then get out of the way of the people doing it.

Every finish line is the beginning of a new race.
Login or register to post.
#2
afl3x

afl3x

Respected Member

Join Date: 10/13/2011 | Posts: 375

I've actually had this issue before. I have friends that set a minimum of sets to do per night. I personally can't do that. It makes it feel to me as you said, a chore. The main reason it feels as such is due to resistance. Ozzie just wrote an article about this on the main page. About not to fight the AA or your rationalization against appraoching, like, "she's too hot & I'm not warmed up yet," or, "she's too ugly." You just gotta accept how you're feeling and just go in (or just observe the rationalizations and take action). And when you're in say things that make you feel good or you think are funny and just chill back and have fun. You'll start having funner nights and you'll started gettin "on" or "in state" a lot faster and more consistantly. Approach anything and everything, assume value, self-amuse, and dettach yourself from any type of outcome. Main thing is make it fun. I know that's kind of a generalized statement, but when it comes down to it, you know who you are and you know how to what fun is and how to have fun yourself. You just gotta stop thinking so much and just have fun.
Login or register to post.
#3
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

zayaz wrote:
 Definitly makes sense to me. It takes alot more time and effort to build up a skill than it does to maintain it. Remember progress does not happen linearly, but comes in spurts. You definitly sound like you could use some chilling back from going out constantly. And you can always hit it again full blast, and the rebound effect will probably be significant. 
Thanks, this sounds good to me. 
Login or register to post.
#4
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

afl3x wrote:
I've actually had this issue before. I have friends that set a minimum of sets to do per night. I personally can't do that. It makes it feel to me as you said, a chore. The main reason it feels as such is due to resistance. Ozzie just wrote an article about this on the main page. About not to fight the AA or your rationalization against appraoching, like, "she's too hot & I'm not warmed up yet," or, "she's too ugly." You just gotta accept how you're feeling and just go in (or just observe the rationalizations and take action). And when you're in say things that make you feel good or you think are funny and just chill back and have fun. You'll start having funner nights and you'll started gettin "on" or "in state" a lot faster and more consistantly. Approach anything and everything, assume value, self-amuse, and dettach yourself from any type of outcome. Main thing is make it fun. I know that's kind of a generalized statement, but when it comes down to it, you know who you are and you know how to what fun is and how to have fun yourself. You just gotta stop thinking so much and just have fun.
Thanks for the reply. But my issue in this regard is not about "having fun" when I'm out, it's about going out every night just becomes a chore. I see your point on how I should try to have fun every night, but I think for me right now I should rather just chill back a little bit, not totally but just a bit. This might only be relatable if other people have actually gone out for over 100 days in a row, or something like that, because that is what I'm talking about here. It's not like "oh I went out for 9 days in a row, whoa this is tough". It's more like "I've been gaming for 4 months straight every day and I'm kinda stressed out about it".
Login or register to post.
#5

roadrally

Trusted Member

Join Date: 10/12/2009 | Posts: 2026

Dude I went hard November December for 60 days in Honolulu
For the past month I kind of chilled. Went out 2-3 times a week sometimes take like 5 days off.
After coming back I'm able to jump right back in where I left off. Plus the time off give me a break to reflect and re-energize
It was a chore but after almost a week off I got so bored of not doing approaches that I got excited to hit it again.
I think the point of 30dc or out everyday is to create a habit in your mind.
For you you've already shattered that barrier and you've also clearly proven you have the discipline to accomplish it if you need.
I think taking some days off is super healthy for you.
Do it if you want to. If you don't feel like it, don't go out. After a few days you will want to hit it again trust me. Lol.
Plus if you have tests or shit or get sick or something another good reason to not go out
__________________
I just want to enjoy amazing girls. Crazy what sort of journey ive embarked on pursuing this quest.
My adventures in Dallas - 2013
 My adventures in Austin - 2012  
Tyler/Julien, Honolulu Bootcamp July 2011
Tyler hotseat2 x5 (2011-2012)
Alex hotseat x2 (2013)
girlslovepenis.tumblr.com 
Login or register to post.
#6
Cupcakes

Cupcakes

Trusted Member

Join Date: 12/14/2010 | Posts: 1274

Enjoy getting laid?
__________________
CAN'T TALK TO WOMEN?
GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND TALK TO THEM.
FAILURE IS THE ONLY WAY TO SUCCEED.
EMBRACE THAT OR BE A LOSER.
YOUR CHOICE.
Login or register to post.
#7
afl3x

afl3x

Respected Member

Join Date: 10/13/2011 | Posts: 375

dave7 wrote:

afl3x wrote:
I've actually had this issue before. I have friends that set a minimum of sets to do per night. I personally can't do that. It makes it feel to me as you said, a chore. The main reason it feels as such is due to resistance. Ozzie just wrote an article about this on the main page. About not to fight the AA or your rationalization against appraoching, like, "she's too hot & I'm not warmed up yet," or, "she's too ugly." You just gotta accept how you're feeling and just go in (or just observe the rationalizations and take action). And when you're in say things that make you feel good or you think are funny and just chill back and have fun. You'll start having funner nights and you'll started gettin "on" or "in state" a lot faster and more consistantly. Approach anything and everything, assume value, self-amuse, and dettach yourself from any type of outcome. Main thing is make it fun. I know that's kind of a generalized statement, but when it comes down to it, you know who you are and you know how to what fun is and how to have fun yourself. You just gotta stop thinking so much and just have fun.
Thanks for the reply. But my issue in this regard is not about "having fun" when I'm out, it's about going out every night just becomes a chore. I see your point on how I should try to have fun every night, but I think for me right now I should rather just chill back a little bit, not totally but just a bit. This might only be relatable if other people have actually gone out for over 100 days in a row, or something like that, because that is what I'm talking about here. It's not like "oh I went out for 9 days in a row, whoa this is tough". It's more like "I've been gaming for 4 months straight every day and I'm kinda stressed out about it".

Yea, thats just a decision you'll have to make. Everyone is different. I fucking LOVE this shit. Like really bad. If I had the ability to go out 7 nights a week (which with my schedule & the fact that venues here suck ass Mon-Wed) I would. I litterally look forward to it and enjoy every minute of it, even the next day, I'm thinking of the shit I said, the shit females said, and I crack myself up all throughout the day. And the pulls are just like the icing on the cake. I'm hoping to get like 6 to 10 months free in the near future and move up, onto Hollywood Blvd so I can go pimp 7 nights a week straight while I'm up there. But yea if you feel like you need to stop, then stop. It really all comes down to what you feel you should do.
Login or register to post.
#8
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

afl3x wrote:

dave7 wrote:

afl3x wrote:
I've actually had this issue before. I have friends that set a minimum of sets to do per night. I personally can't do that. It makes it feel to me as you said, a chore. The main reason it feels as such is due to resistance. Ozzie just wrote an article about this on the main page. About not to fight the AA or your rationalization against appraoching, like, "she's too hot & I'm not warmed up yet," or, "she's too ugly." You just gotta accept how you're feeling and just go in (or just observe the rationalizations and take action). And when you're in say things that make you feel good or you think are funny and just chill back and have fun. You'll start having funner nights and you'll started gettin "on" or "in state" a lot faster and more consistantly. Approach anything and everything, assume value, self-amuse, and dettach yourself from any type of outcome. Main thing is make it fun. I know that's kind of a generalized statement, but when it comes down to it, you know who you are and you know how to what fun is and how to have fun yourself. You just gotta stop thinking so much and just have fun.
Thanks for the reply. But my issue in this regard is not about "having fun" when I'm out, it's about going out every night just becomes a chore. I see your point on how I should try to have fun every night, but I think for me right now I should rather just chill back a little bit, not totally but just a bit. This might only be relatable if other people have actually gone out for over 100 days in a row, or something like that, because that is what I'm talking about here. It's not like "oh I went out for 9 days in a row, whoa this is tough". It's more like "I've been gaming for 4 months straight every day and I'm kinda stressed out about it".

Yea, thats just a decision you'll have to make. Everyone is different. I fucking LOVE this shit. Like really bad. If I had the ability to go out 7 nights a week (which with my schedule & the fact that venues here suck ass Mon-Wed) I would. I litterally look forward to it and enjoy every minute of it, even the next day, I'm thinking of the shit I said, the shit females said, and I crack myself up all throughout the day. And the pulls are just like the icing on the cake. I'm hoping to get like 6 to 10 months free in the near future and move up, onto Hollywood Blvd so I can go pimp 7 nights a week straight while I'm up there. But yea if you feel like you need to stop, then stop. It really all comes down to what you feel you should do.
That's cool man I feel you. TBH you have to try 7 days a week before you say that you'll love every minute of it. Because you won't lol. But maybe your attitude is different than mine. I appreciate your feedback. But hey, maybe after I reconcile this inner conflict I will come back and enjoy more of it.
Login or register to post.
#9

Knoxville

Respected Member

Join Date: 05/19/2011 | Posts: 777

Your school and that's one of your priorities. Don't let one overcome the other. School can't wait, pick up can. 
__________________
Login or register to post.
#10
Cupcakes

Cupcakes

Trusted Member

Join Date: 12/14/2010 | Posts: 1274

Bullshit either can wait, though the smart thing is to balance your life so you can do both. If you can't do that, you're managing your time wrong.
muzzi17 wrote:
Your school and that's one of your priorities. Don't let one overcome the other. School can't wait, pick up can. 
__________________
CAN'T TALK TO WOMEN?
GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND TALK TO THEM.
FAILURE IS THE ONLY WAY TO SUCCEED.
EMBRACE THAT OR BE A LOSER.
YOUR CHOICE.
Login or register to post.