THE FORUMS

December 11th, 2016
How to implement the PUSH
Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
Bookmark and Share
 
Dr Feelgood

Dr Feelgood

Trusted Member

Join Date: 04/06/2011 | Posts: 1521

Can you give me examples as to what you are saying when you are doing the "push" part of push/ pull?

As far as I get it, you tell her to go away, you "try to get rid of her", right? As opposed to teasing, which is just making fun of her.

So apart from Jeffy's line "Get out of here! You are done in this town! Pack your shit and leave!", what else do we have?
__________________
"Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!"

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!"
- Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Sluts, Butts and Bubblegum - my Field Reports live from Vienna: http://www.rsdnation.com/node/200128/forum
Login or register to post.
#1
Maduro

Maduro

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/31/2011 | Posts: 129

Dr Feelgood wrote:
Can you give me examples as to what you are saying when you are doing the "push" part of push/ pull?

As far as I get it, you tell her to go away, you "try to get rid of her", right? As opposed to teasing, which is just making fun of her.

So apart from Jeffy's line "Get out of here! You are done in this town! Pack your shit and leave!", what else do we have?

The Jeffy example that you give is not really a push as a part of push / pull. It is just push to show that you are not afraid to lose the girl when you go for the extraction etc.

Push / Pull is more playfully done, check Fingerman's article on it: fingermanmethod.com/how-to-do-push-pull/
__________________
null
World Trip Schedule:
Amsterdam:                                   Aug - Dec 2011
Singapore:                                    Jan 2012
Indonesia:                                     Jan 2012
Thailand:                                       Jan - Feb  2012
China (Beijing/Hong Kong):             Feb - Jun  2012
Tokyo:                                           Jun - Jul   2012
Los Angeles:                                  Jul - Aug  2012
Vegas:                                          World Summit
Australia                                       2012 / 2013 
Always looking for local wings
Login or register to post.
#2
maximal

maximal

Senior Member

Join Date: 08/15/2010 | Posts: 289

Maduro wrote:

Dr Feelgood wrote:
Can you give me examples as to what you are saying when you are doing the "push" part of push/ pull?

As far as I get it, you tell her to go away, you "try to get rid of her", right? As opposed to teasing, which is just making fun of her.

So apart from Jeffy's line "Get out of here! You are done in this town! Pack your shit and leave!", what else do we have?

The Jeffy example that you give is not really a push as a part of push / pull. It is just push to show that you are not afraid to lose the girl when you go for the extraction etc.

Push / Pull is more playfully done, check Fingerman's article on it: fingermanmethod.com/how-to-do-push-pull/

Agreed.  Jeffy's example is technically a "push," but it's more extreme than the usual context in which push/pull takes place. 

Like Maduro said, push/pull is more of a playful, flirty dynamic in which you are alternating between drawing boundaries (expressing disapproval) and showing interest (expressing approval).  This basically follows the same principle as the "good cop/bad cop" routine, but it absolutely must be done playfully, with a smile on your face in order for it not to come across as weird.

What you'll find is that most of this happens totally naturally, based on what the girl does and your own perception of those actions as they relate to your values.  If the girl is acting "perfect," according to your sense of how you'd like a girl to behave in your presence, you don't have to make up a boundary or express disapproval.  Why would you need to do so if her behavior falls completely in line with your expectations?  A lot of the time, however, you lose sight of your personal boundaries when you're out "gaming," which is the point at which this becomes a "pickup tactic" rather than a natural extension of your expressive personality.  Of course, it's very rare that a girl will meet all of your expectations, so this pushing, pulling and drawing of boundaries should be happening without thought, as a direct and subconscious consequence of your sense of what's cool and what's not.

If you're talking to a girl and she asks if you're going to buy her a drink, you could comment on her sense of entitlement:

"Yeah, I bet a lot of guys would just do that without even questioning it, huh?  That's probably why girls have such a sense of entitlement these days."

If a girl says something rude to you or teases you too harshly, you could call her out on acting like a bitch:

"Whoa...  My bad; I thought you looked chill, which is why I talked to you.  Looks like you proved me wrong."

Even if it's something silly, like the color of shirt a girl is wearing, you can turn that into a "push":

"You know what?  You're cute, but I just don't think I could ever go for a girl in yellow.  I'm more of a 'blue' flavor guy."

As you can see, this is all supposed to be a natural consequence of you having certain preferences and being unafraid to express them in whatever way you see fit.  Girls are used to guys fawning all over them and eating up whatever they say or do as though it were made of gold.  You aren't that chode, because you actually expect girls to be cool around you and will make that clear to anyone who doesn't act within that context.
Login or register to post.
#3
Dr Feelgood

Dr Feelgood

Trusted Member

Join Date: 04/06/2011 | Posts: 1521

Quality answers, thanks, guys!

So teasing = push/ pull?

I got the teasing down, so that would be that...!
__________________
"Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!"

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!"
- Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Sluts, Butts and Bubblegum - my Field Reports live from Vienna: http://www.rsdnation.com/node/200128/forum
Login or register to post.
#4
jlaix

jlaix

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8800

You're forgetting the part where I go, "NONONO just kidding, what you aren't going to fight for me?" So YES, contrary to what these other guys are saying, this is in fact push/pull... just taken to the EXTREME. 

"FUCK YOU, KILL YOURSELF.... noooooo dont go, why do we treat each other like this"

"GO FETCH LITTLE DOGGIE, GO GET IT GIRL (pantomimes throwing ball).... wait wait wait wait..... (starts up million dollar mouthpiece plows it under with good emotions)"

These, again, are simply EXTREME push/pulls, nothing more. I can get away with this shit because I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR TEN YEARS. A newer guy's mileage may vary. Might want to stick with some of the more gentle push pulls such as:

"Go away. I was into you, now i'm not" (like in the Ryan video at Hotseat where he then walks away and IMMEDIATELY goes back)
__________________

          
 
Login or register to post.
#5
Distant Light

Distant Light

Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/22/2006 | Posts: 2390

^^^ Love it

I too do extreme "pushes" since its always obvious that I'm playing around I never even bother to say just kidding. My favs...
-  "Yo!! Gooooo Home!!!!!"
-  "OMG I hate you"
-  "Ever since you've been in my life...Nothing but problems!!!"
-  "Holy shit your never hanging out with me again"
-  "Don't you ever say that in my presence again"
-  "Booooooooooooo!!" (Or any random sound that is just noisy/annoying)
-  "I swear next time Ima body slam you" (I'm skinny)
-  "Don't worry, once my wife catchs us like this she'll put an end to it so no biggie"
-  "Yo!! No one wants you here...I just spoke to your girl friend we agreed, you can leave will go have fun without you...Thanks!"
-  "This is typical, most women can't handle me"

Come to think of it, I tend to do alot of pushing away, almost more pushing than actual pulling
Login or register to post.
#6
Paris Boum Boum

Paris Boum Boum

Trusted Member

Join Date: 04/02/2009 | Posts: 2948

Nice. 
jlaix wrote:
You're forgetting the part where I go, "NONONO just kidding, what you aren't going to fight for me?" So YES, contrary to what these other guys are saying, this is in fact push/pull... just taken to the EXTREME. 

"FUCK YOU, KILL YOURSELF.... noooooo dont go, why do we treat each other like this"

"GO FETCH LITTLE DOGGIE, GO GET IT GIRL (pantomimes throwing ball).... wait wait wait wait..... (starts up million dollar mouthpiece plows it under with good emotions)"

These, again, are simply EXTREME push/pulls, nothing more. I can get away with this shit because I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR TEN YEARS. A newer guy's mileage may vary. Might want to stick with some of the more gentle push pulls such as:

"Go away. I was into you, now i'm not" (like in the Ryan video at Hotseat where he then walks away and IMMEDIATELY goes back)
Login or register to post.
#7
Dr Feelgood

Dr Feelgood

Trusted Member

Join Date: 04/06/2011 | Posts: 1521

jlaix wrote:
You're forgetting the part where I go, "NONONO just kidding, what you aren't going to fight for me?" So YES, contrary to what these other guys are saying, this is in fact push/pull... just taken to the EXTREME. 

"FUCK YOU, KILL YOURSELF.... noooooo dont go, why do we treat each other like this"

"GO FETCH LITTLE DOGGIE, GO GET IT GIRL (pantomimes throwing ball).... wait wait wait wait..... (starts up million dollar mouthpiece plows it under with good emotions)"

These, again, are simply EXTREME push/pulls, nothing more. I can get away with this shit because I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR TEN YEARS. A newer guy's mileage may vary. Might want to stick with some of the more gentle push pulls such as:

"Go away. I was into you, now i'm not" (like in the Ryan video at Hotseat where he then walks away and IMMEDIATELY goes back)
Great, Jeffy, this will help! I'm gonna stick to lighter versions for now, but I really need to implement this!
__________________
"Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!"

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!"
- Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Sluts, Butts and Bubblegum - my Field Reports live from Vienna: http://www.rsdnation.com/node/200128/forum
Login or register to post.