THE FORUMS

October 17th, 2018
Jeffy Hot Seat -- All Questions Answered
Your rating: None Average: 5 (3 votes)
Bookmark and Share

Bombastic 2.0

Respected Member

Join Date: 02/25/2011 | Posts: 400

On bootcamp the students get to see some in-field videos on the Saturday session, at least in my Alex bootcamp and the reviews of Jeffy`s bootcamps that I`ve read. What`s the added value in Hot Seat? Mainly the longer running time?

It sounds like the bootcamp students won`t get to see the afternoon video session unless they take the Hot Seat. Does that mean the bootcamp is running shorter?
Login or register to post.
jlaix

jlaix

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8691

Bombastic 2.0 wrote:
On bootcamp the students get to see some in-field videos on the Saturday session, at least in my Alex bootcamp and the reviews of Jeffy`s bootcamps that I`ve read. What`s the added value in Hot Seat? Mainly the longer running time?

It sounds like the bootcamp students won`t get to see the afternoon video session unless they take the Hot Seat. Does that mean the bootcamp is running shorter?
I show video on my bootcamp if I feel like it will help the guys with specific issues, and only show 1-3 videos. This is an entire day dedicated to a specific curriculum with extensive breakdown and back & forth dialogue with attendees. It's a completely different thing from Bootcamp. In fact, I would highly recommend that the guys taking bootcamp also take hotseat concurrently.

The bootcamp does not run shorter. If anything it might be longer. This weekend we ran the last Bootcamp session until 8 IN THE MORNING. 
Login or register to post.

Bombastic 2.0

Respected Member

Join Date: 02/25/2011 | Posts: 400

jlaix wrote:
I show video on my bootcamp if I feel like it will help the guys with specific issues, and only show 1-3 videos. This is an entire day dedicated to a specific curriculum with extensive breakdown and back & forth dialogue with attendees. It's a completely different thing from Bootcamp. In fact, I would highly recommend that the guys taking bootcamp also take hotseat concurrently.

The bootcamp does not run shorter. If anything it might be longer. This weekend we ran the last Bootcamp session until 8 IN THE MORNING. 
Thanks for the reply. Sounds great. There aren`t any Asian dates on the tour but hopefully I`ll make it back to Vancouver for Christmas + the Jan 7 event.
Login or register to post.
jlaix

jlaix

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8691

M_A_S wrote:
JEFFY - CAN YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some foot notes for each video  ( even very basic ones)  so that we can add our own notes to during the event .
i'm sure i'm not the only one who remembers stuff by having notes to run through after the event.

then maybe some more detailed notes afterwoods???

:)


Yes, notes will be sent to the attendees afterwards and yes, that is in fact a great idea to have in-class notes to follow as well. This may take a while however as I want them to reflect the fully mature version of the event. This was my very first one so I'll probably do out the euro tour and then compile them when I get back to San Francisco at the end of the month. Sorry eurokids you'll have to wait a couple weeks for yours, but it will be worth it.
Login or register to post.
Brucefast

Brucefast

Respected Member

Join Date: 09/20/2006 | Posts: 365

Hey Tyler; Mazel -Tov on the new son; I m considering a bootcamp-my schedule permitting; I was considering Hotseat too. I have no problem with it -in fact I'm sure it s excellent and profound like all your work so I when I talk to your staff I ll mention it.

Since you are taking questions- I do have one about the bootcamps (Likely NYC)- I was a little concerned about staying out till 3-4 am on the first night and then being “a mess” for the second night of the bootcamp. In fact I had an experience in Boston this weekend where I was at one of those fancy hotels -with an outdoor bar; We closed the place down, but in the process I noticed by the last hour or two most of the girls were just too drunk and obnoxious too even approach and for me it was a waste. Is the bootcamp set up so if bounce at 2 am I will not miss anything valuable -of course barring a hookup with a girl/new girl in tow on first night of the bootcamp.???
__________________
 
Login or register to post.

Amsterdamn

Senior Member

Join Date: 01/19/2009 | Posts: 151

I will join you in Sydney!
Can I get the notes a couple of days before the event?
Login or register to post.
lander

lander

Member

Join Date: 07/29/2011 | Posts: 30

 Is the location of the hot seat in london confirmed yet?

I want to book a hotel in the neighbourhood as soon as possible
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
French_Friez

French_Friez

Junior Member

Join Date: 03/06/2011 | Posts: 10

Just signed up for Jeffy Hot Seat tomorrow in Sthlm. Going to be a BLAST
Login or register to post.

M_A_S

Senior Member

Join Date: 06/18/2010 | Posts: 193

Jeffy another idea, i had that would hhave been good at the hotseat, is that every one stands up and introduses them selves: Name and Location.
this could be Really good for many of the guys as they could find other RSDer's who live nearby them, which they would other wise very likely never meet ...
Would only take 5 minutes out of the day.
Login or register to post.
luke3585

luke3585

Senior Member

Join Date: 04/12/2011 | Posts: 111

M_A_S wrote:
Jeffy another idea, i had that would hhave been good at the hotseat, is that every one stands up and introduses them selves: Name and Location.
this could be Really good for many of the guys as they could find other RSDer's who live nearby them, which they would other wise very likely never meet ...
Would only take 5 minutes out of the day.


I like this idea too, it would also be great if you could find local people on the forum by the city they signed up with. The inner circle doesn't run in my city so its hard to find wing who are into RSD.

This feature would also be great for the site for people who are at university and want to find people on their campus.
__________________
 Anybody from Nottingham Uni in the UK message me about possible winging.
Login or register to post.