THE FORUMS

March 29th, 2017
Seattle Hot Seat
Your rating: None
Bookmark and Share
 
BlackJack77

BlackJack77

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/21/2007 | Posts: 760

I am still coming down from going to the Seattle Hot Seat. I went because the Hot Seat, at least with Owen leading them, are soon going to be over. Every time I go I learn a lot. I also see a lot of subtle ways of improving my game (and life). This one was no different. In fact the only reason that I could afford to go to multiple hot seats was because I am making more money than I ever have by applyimg many of the ideas that Owen has taught me. Often I finally understand something that I have heard many times before.

Some of the key ideas I got out of it:

1) You are limited by your sense of entitlement. We stay stuck because we don’t feel entitled to grow. The limits on our entitlement are our comfort zone. To break out of it we have to make it fun to push ourselves.  In fact, entitlement can not only prevent you from taking action it can prevent you from seeing the opportunities.

2) To be consistent we need to take consistent action. We need to follow the rules of success (in any area). To do this consistently we have to make it as fun as possible. I loved the quote by Tony H of Zappos: “Making money is not a serious business but the rules are serious” (paraphrase). You have to focus on how you can make it fun to comply to the principles of good pick up.

3) As long as you stay calm everything usually turns out fine. It is when you get upset that you mess up. No matter what anyone throws at you as long as you are calm nothing too bad will happen.

4) To close you have to be ICY. To be icy it helps to build up social momentum. He showed several clips were by taking a verbal pounding from a women that he got so icy that he was successful later- sometimes with the same woman! I realized that I have often given up when I should be glad for all of the BS a woman throws because it allows me to be icy enough to ultimately succeed.

5) If you are not enjoying what you are saying the woman won't either and it will suck (and not in a good way!).  He gave great video examples of this.

Also, Owen showed a great clip were he couldn’t make out with a 6 early in the evening when he lacked social momentum but he could pull a 10 later when he had it. The issue is not how hot the woman is but how much social momnetum you have. He also showed how important it was in a video where his wing, Julien, is getting all the attention from the girl Owen is trying to pick up because Julien is a little more in state.

Further, I think I needed to be reminded how fun pick up can be. I have been going through a very dark period in my life and I had let pick up become serious and it has hurt me in the field.  I had a lot of fun in the field that night as I reconnected with how much I loved pick up.

Lastly, I admire Owen’s dedication to the Hot Seat. He had a lot of new material at the Hot Seat even though I went to one only a month ago in LA. I admire his dedication. He could have easily added no new material as he is winding it down but he spent a lot of time upgrading it nonetheless.  As always, Owen went flat out.  I don't know how he does it.  I had so much energy that I had a crazy night afterward that didn't end until 10 am the next day!!  No, I won't elaborate.

Owen is a great teacher and I will miss the Hot Seat. I have learned so much. If you can make it to the final one in Hawaii do it even if you have to fly thousands of miles. BTW, I practice what I preach.  I already flew across the country for one (Washington, DC) when I thought it was the final one, so I am serious about this.  It is a great experiance that will help you in many ways.  I am sorry to see it go.
Login or register to post.
#1

Knoxville

Respected Member

Join Date: 05/19/2011 | Posts: 777

 I originally took Owen's free tour in Seattle. His free tour was fun, engaging and full of great information. He briefly talked about Hot Seat at the end of the tour. I was not planning on taking Hot Seat originally, but his honesty through words and actions made Hot Seat very promising (I also had a friend who found it massively helpful last year). I was not disappointed AT ALL. Before the Hot Seat I felt like I was going in some direction, but was unsure. After Hot Seat I felt like I had clear direction. I went out last night and had significant improvements just from applying material from Hot Seat (This could be placebo, but I am sure improvements will continue).

The amount of work put into Owen's lectures was incredible. The kind of deal I got from the Hot Seat was incredible. I go a really good University that has some of the best professors in the world. For the past 3 years I have had very few good lecturers that actually kept me engaged and learning. I can't compare any of these professors to Owen because they were either lacked consideration for the students ability to learn, passion, organization, preparedness or presentation of the material. Owen had ALL of this! (keep in mind that this guy works 80 hours a week and STILL has this incredible ability to teach despite being exhausted. The fucked up part is that he still had a lot of energy) He did not miss a factor that went into helping students learn his concepts. If you listened, took good notes, went over the notes, arrived having slept well the night before, ate well, went home to rewrite your notes in more detail after the hot seat and went out as soon as possible to put the material to good use, you WILL have had results. Yes I'm a fucking nerd with a "Fucking Indian Fohawk. (-Owen)" lol

I tend to notice small detailed actions that really decide certain factors within people. In Owen's case this was his strong desire for us to understand and his ability to present. If you focused on the small details you would realize how incredibly prepared he was to present everything. Not a second was wasted. Nor did he speak too fast. He spoke at a pace that we could keep up with. (I also have ADHD and do not take medicine, as a result my listening skills are terrible so I was concerned about being able to keep up with the pace, but that was not the case at Hot Seat. Of course I am passionate about this topic too). Whenever he had a strong point to make, he would say, "okay listen up this is really important..." This got everyone's attention. Especially mine because I drift off in thoughts a lot and tend to stick to past topics previously talked about. While he showed us video clips he memorized exactly where freeze frames of clips were. He was able to compare back and forth clip to clip from different parts of the videos to make strong points within seconds. Some of the comparisons made through clips were mind boggling realities that you can only find out at Hot Seat.

He even records portions of his Hot Seat for the sake of improving it for the sake of improving his already incredible lecture to future students. (AND there is only one Hot Seat left)

Because he is a busy guy, he arrives late at times, but he NEVER cuts you short of the time he said he would be there for. Originally we were suppose to be there from 2:00pm to 10:00pm. He arrived at 2:30pm and lecture ended at 1:00am. The actions say it all. He is more concerned with you understanding the concepts more than anything.

The material learned from Hot Seat made all of Owen's videos on Youtube far more comprehensive.

Even at the end of Hot Seat he was still answering peoples questions just outside the elevator lobby despite needing to leave. He actually cared and stood genuinely answering their questions even though he probably had a bootcamp to continue teaching (I'll bet he taught boot camp till very late in the night ensuring everyone solidified concepts). I really wanted to talk to him because he is a guy full of deep fascinating insight beyond pick up, but I think he had a bootcamp to continue right afterward.

I'll be going out for the next 30 days so I will definitely update you guys on the results.
__________________
Login or register to post.
#2
BlackJack77

BlackJack77

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/21/2007 | Posts: 760

Thans for your comments.  I couldn't agree more. 

There is one thing that you said that I did want to address seperately.



muzzi17 wrote:
 (I also have ADHD and do not take medicine, as a result my listening skills are terrible so I was concerned about being able to keep up with the pace, but that was not the case at Hot Seat.
ADHD is a MADE UP disease.  It was created by Big Pharma to sell more drugs.  Its symptons are intentionally vague.  There is no blood test or REAL scientific test to disgnose it (such as an X ray or a CAT scan).  To read more about the ADHD scam and ways to treat it without medicine go to: http://www.naturalnews.com/001868.html or http://www.naturalnews.com/026081.html to learn more.  Don't fall for the ADHD scam.
Login or register to post.
#3

RoPe

Junior Member

Join Date: 06/30/2011 | Posts: 9

 Good post, man. Good to see you & do the exercises with you at SEA HS. Keep up the good work!

Roman
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#4
shaft

shaft

Junior Member

Join Date: 08/25/2010 | Posts: 9

Yeah, Hotseat this year was so much more awesome than last year--not that last year's didn't kick ass, but RSD always consistently makes their products better.  I was taking the Bootcamp as well and after going through the HS videos I could not shut the fuck up in set.  It was impossible.  There was no "running out of things to say" bullshit.  I was completely self-amused and unreactive all the night.  The first girl I approached that night gave me a full blown "Fuck off."  But I'm an icy motherfucker.  That shit just helps you build momentum if you don't take it personally.  We did street game HARD that night.  I probably opened 20-50 girls.  Groups of girls, girls with mixed sets, apparent couples, 8s, 9s, 10s, everything.  There was one I almost pulled back to her own apartment.  She was on her way home and I stayed persistent, got the number, but stopped short of "following" her home.  In retrospect, I think I could've pulled it off, got the lay, and then went right back into street game.  I remember a video from HS last year where Owen did the same thing, pulled a girl from street game that was on her way home back to her own place and fucked her. 


BlackJack77 wrote:
The issue is not how hot the woman is but how much social momnetum you have. He also showed how important it was in a video where his wing, Julien, is getting all the attention from the girl Owen is trying to pick up because Julien is a little more in state.
Julien actually did this exact same thing to me on BC to demonstrate how important self-amusement is.  It was hilarious.  I had the girl in The Claw and she kept turning to face Julien and I was turning with her, trying to get her attention back on me.  I think the most powerful thing I got out of this whole experience is that none of us is cut from a different cloth.  We're all just dudes learning this stuff, and we can all get results if we stick to the principles of the game. 

Great post, dude. 
Login or register to post.
#5
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8780

Thanks man, cool to see those important points got hammered home.  The quote is from Felix Dennis btw -- I actually just posted a vid about it.



Thanks for noticing the effort I'm putting in to improve the event.  Spent a good 50 hours editing last week before shooting off to Hawaii.  It's a to cut all this footage, get kicked from my fav clubs and whatnot, but the result is worth it so I'm fully down for the cause.

I used to dream about a seminar like this back in the day, with the footage and whatnot, so teaching it is like a manifestation of that vision.  That's why I'm always psyched about it.

Tyler
BlackJack77 wrote:
I am still coming down from going to the Seattle Hot Seat. I went because the Hot Seat, at least with Owen leading them, are soon going to be over. Every time I go I learn a lot. I also see a lot of subtle ways of improving my game (and life). This one was no different. In fact the only reason that I could afford to go to multiple hot seats was because I am making more money than I ever have by applyimg many of the ideas that Owen has taught me. Often I finally understand something that I have heard many times before.

Some of the key ideas I got out of it:

1) You are limited by your sense of entitlement. We stay stuck because we don’t feel entitled to grow. The limits on our entitlement are our comfort zone. To break out of it we have to make it fun to push ourselves.  In fact, entitlement can not only prevent you from taking action it can prevent you from seeing the opportunities.

2) To be consistent we need to take consistent action. We need to follow the rules of success (in any area). To do this consistently we have to make it as fun as possible. I loved the quote by Tony H of Zappos: “Making money is not a serious business but the rules are serious” (paraphrase). You have to focus on how you can make it fun to comply to the principles of good pick up.

3) As long as you stay calm everything usually turns out fine. It is when you get upset that you mess up. No matter what anyone throws at you as long as you are calm nothing too bad will happen.

4) To close you have to be ICY. To be icy it helps to build up social momentum. He showed several clips were by taking a verbal pounding from a women that he got so icy that he was successful later- sometimes with the same woman! I realized that I have often given up when I should be glad for all of the BS a woman throws because it allows me to be icy enough to ultimately succeed.

5) If you are not enjoying what you are saying the woman won't either and it will suck (and not in a good way!).  He gave great video examples of this.

Also, Owen showed a great clip were he couldn’t make out with a 6 early in the evening when he lacked social momentum but he could pull a 10 later when he had it. The issue is not how hot the woman is but how much social momnetum you have. He also showed how important it was in a video where his wing, Julien, is getting all the attention from the girl Owen is trying to pick up because Julien is a little more in state.

Further, I think I needed to be reminded how fun pick up can be. I have been going through a very dark period in my life and I had let pick up become serious and it has hurt me in the field.  I had a lot of fun in the field that night as I reconnected with how much I loved pick up.

Lastly, I admire Owen’s dedication to the Hot Seat. He had a lot of new material at the Hot Seat even though I went to one only a month ago in LA. I admire his dedication. He could have easily added no new material as he is winding it down but he spent a lot of time upgrading it nonetheless.  As always, Owen went flat out.  I don't know how he does it.  I had so much energy that I had a crazy night afterward that didn't end until 10 am the next day!!  No, I won't elaborate.

Owen is a great teacher and I will miss the Hot Seat. I have learned so much. If you can make it to the final one in Hawaii do it even if you have to fly thousands of miles. BTW, I practice what I preach.  I already flew across the country for one (Washington, DC) when I thought it was the final one, so I am serious about this.  It is a great experiance that will help you in many ways.  I am sorry to see it go.
__________________
HOT SEAT 2 RED HOT OFFICIAL LAUNCH IS JANUARY 25 @ 12PM EST -- check out the kickass new page at www.rsdhotseat.com

SIGN UP DURING THE LAUNCH FOR THE BONUS
FREE SECOND DAY OF HOT SEAT FEATURING JULIEN'S INFIELD FOOTAGE AND FOUNDATIONS: RELOADED.
Login or register to post.
#6
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8780

Sweet thanks man.   Yeah I also think most university lecturers don't step up as hard as they could -- I think it's because "tenure" guarantees their position so they don't have the same incentives to hold their students attention (even if they do a pretty good job).

Tyler
muzzi17 wrote:
 I originally took Owen's free tour in Seattle. His free tour was fun, engaging and full of great information. He briefly talked about Hot Seat at the end of the tour. I was not planning on taking Hot Seat originally, but his honesty through words and actions made Hot Seat very promising (I also had a friend who found it massively helpful last year). I was not disappointed AT ALL. Before the Hot Seat I felt like I was going in some direction, but was unsure. After Hot Seat I felt like I had clear direction. I went out last night and had significant improvements just from applying material from Hot Seat (This could be placebo, but I am sure improvements will continue).

The amount of work put into Owen's lectures was incredible. The kind of deal I got from the Hot Seat was incredible. I go a really good University that has some of the best professors in the world. For the past 3 years I have had very few good lecturers that actually kept me engaged and learning. I can't compare any of these professors to Owen because they were either lacked consideration for the students ability to learn, passion, organization, preparedness or presentation of the material. Owen had ALL of this! (keep in mind that this guy works 80 hours a week and STILL has this incredible ability to teach despite being exhausted. The fucked up part is that he still had a lot of energy) He did not miss a factor that went into helping students learn his concepts. If you listened, took good notes, went over the notes, arrived having slept well the night before, ate well, went home to rewrite your notes in more detail after the hot seat and went out as soon as possible to put the material to good use, you WILL have had results. Yes I'm a fucking nerd with a "Fucking Indian Fohawk. (-Owen)" lol

I tend to notice small detailed actions that really decide certain factors within people. In Owen's case this was his strong desire for us to understand and his ability to present. If you focused on the small details you would realize how incredibly prepared he was to present everything. Not a second was wasted. Nor did he speak too fast. He spoke at a pace that we could keep up with. (I also have ADHD and do not take medicine, as a result my listening skills are terrible so I was concerned about being able to keep up with the pace, but that was not the case at Hot Seat. Of course I am passionate about this topic too). Whenever he had a strong point to make, he would say, "okay listen up this is really important..." This got everyone's attention. Especially mine because I drift off in thoughts a lot and tend to stick to past topics previously talked about. While he showed us video clips he memorized exactly where freeze frames of clips were. He was able to compare back and forth clip to clip from different parts of the videos to make strong points within seconds. Some of the comparisons made through clips were mind boggling realities that you can only find out at Hot Seat.

He even records portions of his Hot Seat for the sake of improving it for the sake of improving his already incredible lecture to future students. (AND there is only one Hot Seat left)

Because he is a busy guy, he arrives late at times, but he NEVER cuts you short of the time he said he would be there for. Originally we were suppose to be there from 2:00pm to 10:00pm. He arrived at 2:30pm and lecture ended at 1:00am. The actions say it all. He is more concerned with you understanding the concepts more than anything.

The material learned from Hot Seat made all of Owen's videos on Youtube far more comprehensive.

Even at the end of Hot Seat he was still answering peoples questions just outside the elevator lobby despite needing to leave. He actually cared and stood genuinely answering their questions even though he probably had a bootcamp to continue teaching (I'll bet he taught boot camp till very late in the night ensuring everyone solidified concepts). I really wanted to talk to him because he is a guy full of deep fascinating insight beyond pick up, but I think he had a bootcamp to continue right afterward.

I'll be going out for the next 30 days so I will definitely update you guys on the results.
__________________
HOT SEAT 2 RED HOT OFFICIAL LAUNCH IS JANUARY 25 @ 12PM EST -- check out the kickass new page at www.rsdhotseat.com

SIGN UP DURING THE LAUNCH FOR THE BONUS
FREE SECOND DAY OF HOT SEAT FEATURING JULIEN'S INFIELD FOOTAGE AND FOUNDATIONS: RELOADED.
Login or register to post.
#7

Jared!

Senior Member

Join Date: 02/25/2008 | Posts: 229

 STATE doesn't exist unless u let it.  Be in control and own shit.  Why can't you consistently be sharp?  Why do you need momentum?  Become the natural you are meant to be.  Social momentum and state are ideas contrived by inconsistent people.  Be consistent, be sexy , be you...remember, it's always HAMMERTIME.
__________________
Don't be WEIRD. Join the Nathan Crew HERE!
Login or register to post.