THE FORUMS

December 5th, 2016
TIPS for verbal game (post opener)
Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)
Bookmark and Share
 
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

 I really don't like using any specific methods, or lines, or pre-rehearsed stuff. So this means that sometimes after my opener, I don't really know what to do. Deep down, I know I want to do what I feel like. BUt since I'm not totally in touch with that part of me yet, I think it's kinda hard to do that, at least this is what I think.

Anyway, that might not make sense. I do a lot of approaches without my thinking about it, I'm looking for some ideas to help me develop from this level.
Login or register to post.
#1

RSDNationer

Trusted Member

Join Date: 03/27/2009 | Posts: 2668

 "What do I think would be funny to me right now?"

I also say shit that gives me a kick. Currently, for the past few weeks, it has been about Black Tar Heroin. I can't stop making jokes about that shit. Its funny because I WILL  NEVER TALK TO A HEROIN JUNKIE. God damn. But its ironic and I find it funny.

"Yo girls, what you up to later? Wanna do some Black Tar Heroin? Best time of your life, I swear."

When your entertaining yourself, you'll never run out of stuff to say.
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#2
Cat

Cat

Trusted Member

Join Date: 12/03/2010 | Posts: 2360

For real Dave, I think using something scripted would help you.  Heres why: you want to have a story you KNOW in your head to say.  THERE ARE A MILLION WAYS TO SAY IT.  Thats where you learn.  Thats where you NEED to learn.  So you figure out how to TALK in a flirty way.

Use a dream you had that was amazing and funny.  Use a story about a puppy or a baby.  Use something about how badass your grandmother is.  Use something that you say everytime, or really regularly, so you KNOW THE FACTS of that story, but then you have the space to RIFF EMOTIONALLY on that story.

So get into that, get on that EMOTIONAL RIFFING vibe, where you just are FELLING GOOD for yourself and FROM THAT your story (which is otherwise boring if you're feeling lame) is great.

I tell girls about this dream I had where I literally WAS a duck, with wings that I could look down and see, and I was migrating north, over beautiful green hills.  This dream happened and it was fucking amazing and beautiful and its funny because its ridiculous and even funnier if I tell it seriously and passionately, or if its not funny then they are entranced and I'm like this philosophical god.  EITHER WAY I usually start that with "have you ever had a flying dream?" they say yes or no and you say "oh man I had the most amazing dream last night.. I literally WAS a duck, with wings...."

Get into that emotional vibe with yourself and then tell the story.

Also work on changing your vocal TONE a lot, and being expressive physically and facially.  I really use a variety of tones, make girl voices, fucking do weird shit with my body, look retarded and then like a greek god when I tell stories.  Get into it.  Be the party (source of fun).

Thanks again for inspiring my journal man.
__________________
Login or register to post.
#3
tspongt

tspongt

Senior Member

Join Date: 01/08/2010 | Posts: 217

For a while I was into the verbals, and i found I got some good reactions, and at the same time i didnt rely on them too much but at times i felt stupid always repeating the same type of hook stores etc. So i stopped and just started going random and flowing a bit. its been helping but there are definetly times when I really have nothing to say, and I either just go sexual, straight into comfort, or dont really say much. Some times it works fine, but there are definetly times when those arent exactly appropriate and I fuck it up.

Words dont mean that much, but they definetly can be used to your advantage and im looking to go back to learning a bit and expanding my verbal game so that in those times when i cant just vibe or vomit words I got something.
Login or register to post.
#4
Blue x Light

Blue x Light

Respected Member

Join Date: 04/16/2008 | Posts: 510

 http://www.rsdnation.com/node/66818
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#5
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

SirKonstantine wrote:
 "What do I think would be funny to me right now?"

I also say shit that gives me a kick. Currently, for the past few weeks, it has been about Black Tar Heroin. I can't stop making jokes about that shit. Its funny because I WILL  NEVER TALK TO A HEROIN JUNKIE. God damn. But its ironic and I find it funny.

"Yo girls, what you up to later? Wanna do some Black Tar Heroin? Best time of your life, I swear."

When your entertaining yourself, you'll never run out of stuff to say.
Lol, that's awesome
Login or register to post.
#6
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

Cat wrote:
For real Dave, I think using something scripted would help you.  Heres why: you want to have a story you KNOW in your head to say.  THERE ARE A MILLION WAYS TO SAY IT.  Thats where you learn.  Thats where you NEED to learn.  So you figure out how to TALK in a flirty way.

Use a dream you had that was amazing and funny.  Use a story about a puppy or a baby.  Use something about how badass your grandmother is.  Use something that you say everytime, or really regularly, so you KNOW THE FACTS of that story, but then you have the space to RIFF EMOTIONALLY on that story.

So get into that, get on that EMOTIONAL RIFFING vibe, where you just are FELLING GOOD for yourself and FROM THAT your story (which is otherwise boring if you're feeling lame) is great.

I tell girls about this dream I had where I literally WAS a duck, with wings that I could look down and see, and I was migrating north, over beautiful green hills.  This dream happened and it was fucking amazing and beautiful and its funny because its ridiculous and even funnier if I tell it seriously and passionately, or if its not funny then they are entranced and I'm like this philosophical god.  EITHER WAY I usually start that with "have you ever had a flying dream?" they say yes or no and you say "oh man I had the most amazing dream last night.. I literally WAS a duck, with wings...."

Get into that emotional vibe with yourself and then tell the story.

Also work on changing your vocal TONE a lot, and being expressive physically and facially.  I really use a variety of tones, make girl voices, fucking do weird shit with my body, look retarded and then like a greek god when I tell stories.  Get into it.  Be the party (source of fun).

Thanks again for inspiring my journal man.
All right, I'll try to work on that, it sounds hard tho! Lol
Login or register to post.
#7
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

tspongt wrote:
For a while I was into the verbals, and i found I got some good reactions, and at the same time i didnt rely on them too much but at times i felt stupid always repeating the same type of hook stores etc. So i stopped and just started going random and flowing a bit. its been helping but there are definetly times when I really have nothing to say, and I either just go sexual, straight into comfort, or dont really say much. Some times it works fine, but there are definetly times when those arent exactly appropriate and I fuck it up.

Words dont mean that much, but they definetly can be used to your advantage and im looking to go back to learning a bit and expanding my verbal game so that in those times when i cant just vibe or vomit words I got something.

For me, I think getting comfortable with silences in an interaction with a girl, I think that might create good sexual tension. I don't want to strain too hard in coming up with stuff to say, or really strain at all most of the time. 
Login or register to post.
#8
dave7

dave7

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/27/2010 | Posts: 1909

Thanks for that link man, that thread looks really relevant
Login or register to post.