THE FORUMS

March 23rd, 2017
Tony Robbins: Tiny Changes Mean Huge Results
Your rating: None Average: 1 (1 vote)
Bookmark and Share
UtopiaFive

UtopiaFive

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/16/2008 | Posts: 4960

Login or register to post.
#1

nerdmack

Respected Member

Join Date: 09/10/2010 | Posts: 873

ifl - gonna watch this every morning

edit - I think some of Tony Robbin's stuff is a little patronizing.  His "2mm" example in that clip was stupid.  Obviously on something as small scale as a face, 2mm is going to make a difference.  It seemed like a tryhard example to fit his previous golf analogy to make simple people think "oh gee, 2mm, that's not very far, I must be close to my goals!" and then they feel good which is what he is actually selling.

I think that only a few people actually benefit from "self help" type stuff.  I think that the vast, vast majority of people continue to pay money for it because it makes them feel good, not because it actually brings any changes in their life.
Login or register to post.
#2

nerdmack

Respected Member

Join Date: 09/10/2010 | Posts: 873

new_hotness wrote:
I mistrust some of these people.

Tony Robbins has been divorced multiple times yet he claims he is an expert on relationships.

He also claims to help people yet his own sales people are notorious for bullying clients into buying more product.

His speeches leave you addicted to his energy, yet dependent.


I'm not saying you should ignore these people, I'm just saying watch your wallet.
Yes, that's what i was trying to get at.
Login or register to post.
#3
UtopiaFive

UtopiaFive

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/16/2008 | Posts: 4960

Really?  That's very interesting that you say that actually. 

I'd actually suspect that when you write a statement like this, its YOU that's susceptible to addiction and emotional dependence. 

Look at what it says about yourself rather than what it says about HIM. 
new_hotness wrote:
His speeches leave you addicted to his energy, yet dependent.
Login or register to post.
#4
UtopiaFive

UtopiaFive

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/16/2008 | Posts: 4960

You are correct.  Only a small percentage of people who embark on a path of change actually make it. 

Its because change and success is fucking hard. 

Good luck. 
nerdmack wrote:
I think that only a few people actually benefit from "self help" type stuff.  I think that the vast, vast majority of people continue to pay money for it because it makes them feel good, not because it actually brings any changes in their life.
Login or register to post.
#5
Manwhore

Manwhore

Trusted Member

Join Date: 11/08/2006 | Posts: 6925

Spoken for the truth.  
UtopiaFive wrote:
Really?  That's very interesting that you say that actually. 

I'd actually suspect that when you write a statement like this, its YOU that's susceptible to addiction and emotional dependence. 

Look at what it says about yourself rather than what it says about HIM. 
new_hotness wrote:
His speeches leave you addicted to his energy, yet dependent.
Login or register to post.
#6
UtopiaFive

UtopiaFive

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/16/2008 | Posts: 4960

Login or register to post.
#7

Choreograffiti

Senior Member

Join Date: 10/14/2010 | Posts: 224

For me, I love me some Tony Robbins.

The guy gets a lot of flack for a multitude of reasons. He's been divorced once, and that was after 10+ years of marriage - and even then, that's only a mark against him if your definition of a relationship succeeding = we were together until one of us died. That seems pretty scarily unrealistic and unhealthy to me.

Personally, I found Tony through Tyler posting his TED talk. The dude had a major impact on me and I've got nothing but love for him.
Login or register to post.
#8
UtopiaFive

UtopiaFive

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/16/2008 | Posts: 4960

Check out a site called p u a hate dot com.

Have a feeling you'll enjoy.

Good luck,
--Tom
new_hotness wrote:
That, and the short term effects which typically do not translate into long term gain (short term emotional euphoria).

HIs hard ball tactics to sell you more product.

His "firewalking" techniques which only "worked" by burning and scalding and eventually destroying the nerve cells on the bottom of his client's feet.

His obvious and blatant attempts to mind control and nlp his audiences.

HIs disgusting attempts to equate wealth with happiness.

His completely glossing over the inconvenient truth that the "elite" are chosen from birth for power and wealth.

His "blaming the victim" mentality.

And it goes on and on and on.
Login or register to post.
#9
UtopiaFive

UtopiaFive

Trusted Member

Join Date: 09/16/2008 | Posts: 4960


new_hotness wrote:
OK, so if you can't address the points logically, you give up. Double fail.
Login or register to post.
#10
Crowster

Crowster

Senior Member

Join Date: 12/23/2008 | Posts: 147

 I actually wonder if new_hotness has tried enrolling with Tony Robbins and has gotten in touch with his salespeople. I have been in touch with his salespeople for more than 6 months now and none of them were bullying me into buying the products they offer. You might want to check first with them and then tell us all about Tony. 

I truly think you have a belief that Tony comes off as being perfect. He's not. No one is. This is the simplest fact I can present to you here and EVERYONE knows it! If a man had various divorces while he talks about how to be good at relationships, give what he says a shot. 

Please don't butt in and talk negatively about people unless you have experience.
__________________
 
Login or register to post.