THE FORUMS

December 12th, 2017
Very awkward vid to watch.... (Captain Picard + wtf lol)
Your rating: None
Bookmark and Share
 

Lolwut607

Member

Join Date: 08/20/2009 | Posts: 81

Concidering this place is called Real Social Dynamics i thought you guys might be interested in this if you haven't seen it already.


Cliffs -
Award show
Fat guy on the left is a comedian who is also hosting the awards.
On comes Cpt. Picard....



Ouch.
Login or register to post.
#1
Jackson.

Jackson.

Respected Member

Join Date: 08/16/2007 | Posts: 317

 Yup, Patrick Stewart is definitely a douche bag
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#2

Lolwut607

Member

Join Date: 08/20/2009 | Posts: 81

Serpicoo wrote:
If you fancy the Jonas brothers....cover your belly               lol wut
Haha i thought the same, it all makes sense though when you realize that the fat dude made a comment about loving the Jonas brothers a little earlier as well as throwing a few "negs" at people in the audence n trying to be funny.

I guess this video kinda demonstrates why not taking things personally and being non-reactive matters so much, they both looked butt hurt and so both looked like idiots.
Login or register to post.
#3
RedGlass

RedGlass

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/14/2009 | Posts: 756

I guarantee that it's as not as dick of a move as this:

__________________
Login or register to post.
#4
markzor

markzor

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/25/2009 | Posts: 734

lol.

totally makes no sense her head goes backwards when kirk punches her to the side
RedGlass wrote:
I guarantee that it's as not as dick of a move as this:

__________________
wel heb ik je ooit!
Login or register to post.
#5

theuprising

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/04/2010 | Posts: 392

Lolwut607 wrote:

Serpicoo wrote:
If you fancy the Jonas brothers....cover your belly               lol wut
Haha i thought the same, it all makes sense though when you realize that the fat dude made a comment about loving the Jonas brothers a little earlier as well as throwing a few "negs" at people in the audence n trying to be funny.

I guess this video kinda demonstrates why not taking things personally and being non-reactive matters so much, they both looked butt hurt and so both looked like idiots.

really I thought the fat dude amog'ed picard quite well, but he did seem visibly offended by the belly thing. The thing is what do you do when people are antagonizing you like that, you come off as a passive pushover if you don't take it personally even if you don't take it personally... if that makes any sense. Society is like "wtf" if someone makes fun of your mother, even if you aren't offended, you need to act offended otherwise you look spineless. I mean if someone fucks with you once its cool to brush it off and be completely unreactive and try and win them over, but if its malicious like what picard was doing, yeah then you have to fire back imo, at least that's what i think, this is coming from a guy who used just be totally unreactive and it just wouldn't work with douchebags, so now i'm thinking of new things to do.
Login or register to post.
#6

Lolwut607

Member

Join Date: 08/20/2009 | Posts: 81

theuprising wrote:

Lolwut607 wrote:

Serpicoo wrote:
If you fancy the Jonas brothers....cover your belly               lol wut
Haha i thought the same, it all makes sense though when you realize that the fat dude made a comment about loving the Jonas brothers a little earlier as well as throwing a few "negs" at people in the audence n trying to be funny.

I guess this video kinda demonstrates why not taking things personally and being non-reactive matters so much, they both looked butt hurt and so both looked like idiots.

really I thought the fat dude amog'ed picard quite well, but he did seem visibly offended by the belly thing. The thing is what do you do when people are antagonizing you like that, you come off as a passive pushover if you don't take it personally even if you don't take it personally... if that makes any sense. Society is like "wtf" if someone makes fun of your mother, even if you aren't offended, you need to act offended otherwise you look spineless. I mean if someone fucks with you once its cool to brush it off and be completely unreactive and try and win them over, but if its malicious like what picard was doing, yeah then you have to fire back imo, at least that's what i think, this is coming from a guy who used just be totally unreactive and it just wouldn't work with douchebags, so now i'm thinking of new things to do.
Yeaah completely understand what you're on about there.
Thing is though because the fat dude emotionally reacted then he gave away all his power and kind of lowered himself to a level that insults could be exchanged. If picard said that to him now about not standing with his hands in his pockets and the fat dude instead used humour and asked picard to show him how its done and then dramatically sat down or something then it would of made picard look like an idiot and it would of allowed the fat dude to keep his status....but what happened is the fat dude got butthurt and people getting butthurt imo is a display of emotional weakness and vulnerability so the moment he took it personally he came across as just as idiotic and insecure as picard...he gave up his control.
I think the trick really is to remain in control by not getting butt hurt or emotionaly reacting or taking it so personally and then doing or saying something in a funny way as to make the insulter look like an idiot and to get everyone else on your side by laughing with you and against him.

Perfect example:-



Composure is the key imo.
Login or register to post.
#7

Lizard

Respected Member

Join Date: 04/28/2010 | Posts: 404

theuprising wrote:

Lolwut607 wrote:

Serpicoo wrote:
If you fancy the Jonas brothers....cover your belly               lol wut
Haha i thought the same, it all makes sense though when you realize that the fat dude made a comment about loving the Jonas brothers a little earlier as well as throwing a few "negs" at people in the audence n trying to be funny.

I guess this video kinda demonstrates why not taking things personally and being non-reactive matters so much, they both looked butt hurt and so both looked like idiots.

really I thought the fat dude amog'ed picard quite well, but he did seem visibly offended by the belly thing. The thing is what do you do when people are antagonizing you like that, you come off as a passive pushover if you don't take it personally even if you don't take it personally... if that makes any sense. Society is like "wtf" if someone makes fun of your mother, even if you aren't offended, you need to act offended otherwise you look spineless. I mean if someone fucks with you once its cool to brush it off and be completely unreactive and try and win them over, but if its malicious like what picard was doing, yeah then you have to fire back imo, at least that's what i think, this is coming from a guy who used just be totally unreactive and it just wouldn't work with douchebags, so now i'm thinking of new things to do.
Ya I actually have that problem with acting offended, not the covering the belly part. I actually am almost never offended by anything so I come off as a pushover when I don't respond to the insults. I know you are not supposed to react to others however I find when you don't over react to this stuff you just look beta. IDK its one of those mysteries I never solved because when I do try and fake caring about the insult it doesn't work something is off.
__________________
 
Login or register to post.