THE FORUMS

December 10th, 2016
Eckhart Tolle tries hard not to laugh at chodes question, discusses sexuality & instincts
Your rating: None Average: 3.7 (9 votes)
Bookmark and Share
jkdballer

jkdballer

Senior Member

Join Date: 07/08/2009 | Posts: 194

__________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
- Socrates

Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are. - Dale Carnegie
Login or register to post.
#1
jlaix

jlaix

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8800

You can see Ecky is like, "Holy christ, we have an Aspergers case here"

I know the feeling all too well, I get it daily when browsing this forum. 
__________________

          
 
Login or register to post.
#2
Gseus

Gseus

Respected Member

Join Date: 09/04/2008 | Posts: 915

Uuuuh

Yeah, that's basically it. But Ecky shows his suppressed sexuality/none existing sex drive here.

He first says "sex starts when you first look at her", "it's not about getting somewhere". YES!!! That's it! If you really get what he's talking about, you will have beaten the game. No AA, no problem passing shit tests, no limp dick/premature ejaculation. You'll fully be able to ENJOY what's happening for the first time. It's all connected to THAT.

But then he continues "I like looking at people... - not only women! Men as well! Every kind of people." Nooooo! I can't describe what's exactly wrong here, but it's brutally wrong. Either he really has no sex drive or he identifies with the "enlightened" role too much and thinks that it means that you don't have a sex drive. Either way, sex is a certain game or dance that happens only between certain beings (usually one male and one female), and you can play it no matter how connected to the whole you are. And it's fucking beautiful!!
__________________
It's not about more, adding stuff.
It's about less, removing stuff that's holding you back.
Login or register to post.
#3
tkat

tkat

Senior Member

Join Date: 02/25/2007 | Posts: 252

Gseus wrote:
But then he continues "I like looking at people... - not only women! Men as well! Every kind of people." Nooooo! I can't describe what's exactly wrong here, but it's brutally wrong. Either he really has no sex drive or he identifies with the "enlightened" role too much and thinks that it means that you don't have a sex drive. Either way, sex is a certain game or dance that happens only between certain beings (usually one male and one female), and you can play it no matter how connected to the whole you are. And it's fucking beautiful!!
It's not wrong, it's exactly what he teaches. Non-attachment. Non-attachment to human being's constant desires for sex. Obviously that isn't so good if you want to a POOA, but if you want to live life in a state of relaxed peace free from desire and attachment, then it's not so bad
Login or register to post.
#4
yerai88

yerai88

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/22/2008 | Posts: 141

But does being in the moment mean conversations in slowmotion?
Login or register to post.
#5
Gseus

Gseus

Respected Member

Join Date: 09/04/2008 | Posts: 915

tkat wrote:
Gseus wrote:
But then he continues "I like looking at people... - not only women! Men as well! Every kind of people." Nooooo! I can't describe what's exactly wrong here, but it's brutally wrong. Either he really has no sex drive or he identifies with the "enlightened" role too much and thinks that it means that you don't have a sex drive. Either way, sex is a certain game or dance that happens only between certain beings (usually one male and one female), and you can play it no matter how connected to the whole you are. And it's fucking beautiful!!
It's not wrong, it's exactly what he teaches. Non-attachment. Non-attachment to human being's constant desires for sex. Obviously that isn't so good if you want to a POOA, but if you want to live life in a state of relaxed peace free from desire and attachment, then it's not so bad
That's what I was trying to say: You can be totally non-attached and still have sex and enjoy the fuck out of it. Getting rid of the desire (the "I am not enough right now, but if I have this, I will be complete") doesn't mean getting rid of your arousal, of your polarity, of your sexuality. Of fucking your and her brains out!!

Do you think a Zen monk (or the Zen monk's body, whatever) doesn't have a sex drive? He has just gone beyond the perception that the sex drive is him and the woman is not and the conflict that results. But the feeling of horniness is just a fact.
__________________
It's not about more, adding stuff.
It's about less, removing stuff that's holding you back.
Login or register to post.
#6
JFM

JFM

Trusted Member

Join Date: 12/13/2007 | Posts: 2236

Tolle doesn't deal in facts.   If he had actually gotten past and integrated his raw sexual desire, he wouldn't need to go on Oprah or de-gender the world around him.   He's talking theory....and by what he presents ( a neutered male) and by what he does ( going on Oprah) you can see how brutally wrong his philosophy is in practice.    It never makes it to practice...for the exact reasons laid out in this thread.

Here's the bottom line.   Tolle talks about having gone beyond human....and what SHOULD work.   But none of it works...unless it's vastly modified and includes being human.....BEING A MAN.  A NORMAL SEXUAL DUDE. 

It's a no-go.  He's as unconscious as it gets to be saying and doing what he's doing.   Quite ironic.
__________________
“When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”
- African Proverb
Login or register to post.
#7
jlaix

jlaix

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8800

If I go on Oprah, but I'm just doing it so I can sell a shit-ton of books and make a bunch of money to spend on hookers and blow, does that still make me a neutered male?
__________________

          
 
Login or register to post.
#8
Jay®

Jay®

Respected Member

Join Date: 01/06/2009 | Posts: 488

 THIS is the guy that everyone going on about!!!

What the fuck. First of all there's a retarded guy who talks so fucking slow and quiet , like a fag. He doesn't even ask a question just say something about sexuality and how he likes women jogging, bizzare.Then this Tolle just blathers on for a few minutes about tantric sex , buddist monks and other such crap. I have no idea what he's talking about. "Be in the present moment" wow, what fucking good advice.
__________________
Hello
Login or register to post.
#9
flux

flux

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/24/2009 | Posts: 556

That dude seriously needs to get laid.
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#10
JFM

JFM

Trusted Member

Join Date: 12/13/2007 | Posts: 2236

jlaix wrote:
If I go on Oprah, but I'm just doing it so I can sell a shit-ton of books and make a bunch of money to spend on hookers and blow, does that still make me a neutered male?
In Tolle's case yeah....probably not in yours.   Tolle fits on Oprah even without going on Oprah.
__________________
“When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”
- African Proverb
Login or register to post.