THE FORUMS

September 23rd, 2014
The Sedona Method is a scam!
Your rating: None Average: 3 (4 votes)
Bookmark and Share
Yoda

Yoda

Trusted Member

Join Date: 03/22/2008 | Posts: 1215

Hey guys,

I read so much uncritical praise of the Sedona Method here, so I felt like speaking out.

Recognize that the Sedona Method and The Abundance Technique is nothing more than a business designed to RELEASE money into the pockets of the founders. If these guys were true spiritual teachers they would not be heavily into marketing and claim such prices for their teachings.

There are value in the Sedona Method and learning to release, but the method as a whole is simply ridiculous in my opinion. Are you intelligent enough to distinguish what is useful and disregard what is not?

Effortless success, wealth and well-being? Who do you know who ever got rich or in great physical shape (Hale maybe;)) simply by releasing? There are claims about people making millions overnight simply by releasing. What they forgot to mention is that these people were already successful in a pre-established business and that the millions came perhaps from a new sale. Completely random. I`m not even sure if I believe those testimonials anyway.

Larry Crane also teaches something called the BUTT method or whatever. You simply sit on your butt releasing and wait for stuff to manifest.

Come on guys. Are you buying all this? I sure hope not.

And if anyone on the seminar asks a question, Hale simply replies: "Are you wanting to figure it out? Could you let that go?"

If the the person asking says, "No", Hale replies, "No, but you did release anyway", and then goes into the most crazy belly laugh ever and proceeds with his ramblings.

If you are critical of anything, you are using your MIND. And remember, you are so much more than your mind:) Let it go.....could you dive deeper in......under my influence........and believe everything I say:)

I`m sure most strong individuals on this board is not hurt by the method, but there are definitely people who have released their bank accounts into the pockets of Sedona and Larry Crane and made bad decisions in their life being influenced by this method. Just google, "Sedona method scam" and you will find an interesting thread.

I would love to see the Penn-Teller episode on Sedona if anyone got a link.

Thanks,

Yoda
__________________
"How can I make this fun?"

"Let`s go over and see what this girl is like."
Login or register to post.
#1
besserwisser

besserwisser

Trusted Member

Join Date: 07/28/2008 | Posts: 3090

The first thing I found when I googled that, was an anticult forum where they bash the seduction community teeth

Edit: Holy shit, they bash everyone from DavidD to Tyler and they really present a distorted view on the things...
__________________
Login or register to post.
#2

King Lethal

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/14/2006 | Posts: 141

link?
__________________
I FUCK THEREFORE I AM
Login or register to post.
#3
Dr.Dish

Dr.Dish

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/12/2009 | Posts: 381

sauce
Login or register to post.
#4

quantum

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/29/2007 | Posts: 144

Hey man,

I also heard about these guys called RSD that apparently teach guys how to get girls without needing money or looks. Sounds like a scam to me.. We all know women only care about money and looks...like duh!

They talk about this Nimbus thing, and you can say whatever you like. Come on, we all know you need routines, a furry tophat and VIP bottle service to talk to girls.

Seriously, only way for people to know is if they try it themselves, and you should as well. Alot of things have been claimed as scams: Tony Robbins, RSD, EFT, etc. People who claim scams are like bootcamp students who expects they will be changed overnight, and when it doesn't happen they post negative reviews claiming scam.

Finally, you shouldn't judge people who try to make money from what they believe in. You wouldn't judge Tyler/Papa charging people to do bootcamps, people see value in it so they pay. Otherwise, RSD would have been out of business long time ago. Sedona/Release technique has been around for decades, so someone must find value in it.

quantum
__________________
 
Login or register to post.
#5

Popsail

Respected Member

Join Date: 08/29/2008 | Posts: 304

quantum wrote:
Hey man,

I also heard about these guys called RSD that apparently teach guys how to get girls without needing money or looks. Sounds like a scam to me.. We all know women only care about money and looks...like duh!

They talk about this Nimbus thing, and you can say whatever you like. Come on, we all know you need routines, a furry tophat and VIP bottle service to talk to girls.

Seriously, only way for people to know is if they try it themselves, and you should as well. Alot of things have been claimed as scams: Tony Robbins, RSD, EFT, etc. People who claim scams are like bootcamp students who expects they will be changed overnight, and when it doesn't happen they post negative reviews claiming scam.

Finally, you shouldn't judge people who try to make money from what they believe in. You wouldn't judge Tyler/Papa charging people to do bootcamps, people see value in it so they pay. Otherwise, RSD would have been out of business long time ago. Sedona/Release technique has been around for decades, so someone must find value in it.

quantum
Religion has been around for a bit more :)

You can find value in anything.

I didn't try sedonna and i'm not here advising against it.

But from my experience [Read the power of now and a new earth by Tolle twice each] -- When someone is telling you to stop using your criticism, he's telling you to start using his.
Maybe it's not even bad, i don't know Tolle's full intentions.. but i do know i don't wanna lie to myself :)
__________________
'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.'
-Mark Twain.

'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
-Marcus Aurelius.

'Just Do It.'
-NiKE.
Login or register to post.
#6

Shazam!

Trusted Member

Join Date: 10/01/2008 | Posts: 1294

Popsail wrote:



quantum wrote:
Hey man,

I also heard about these guys called RSD that apparently teach guys how to get girls without needing money or looks. Sounds like a scam to me.. We all know women only care about money and looks...like duh!

They talk about this Nimbus thing, and you can say whatever you like. Come on, we all know you need routines, a furry tophat and VIP bottle service to talk to girls.

Seriously, only way for people to know is if they try it themselves, and you should as well. Alot of things have been claimed as scams: Tony Robbins, RSD, EFT, etc. People who claim scams are like bootcamp students who expects they will be changed overnight, and when it doesn't happen they post negative reviews claiming scam.

Finally, you shouldn't judge people who try to make money from what they believe in. You wouldn't judge Tyler/Papa charging people to do bootcamps, people see value in it so they pay. Otherwise, RSD would have been out of business long time ago. Sedona/Release technique has been around for decades, so someone must find value in it.

quantum
Religion has been around for a bit more :)

You can find value in anything.

I didn't try sedonna and i'm not here advising against it.

But from my experience [Read the power of now and a new earth by Tolle twice each] -- When someone is telling you to stop using your criticism, he's telling you to start using his.
Maybe it's not even bad, i don't know Tolle's full intentions.. but i do know i don't wanna lie to myself :)
When the hell does Tolle say that?  Maybe if you look to him like he's writing the 'book of answers to everything ever', and badly misinterpret what he says,  but if you happen to have made a habit out of using your brain, Tolle as a dogma writer instead of a teacher is less of a problem. 
__________________
My mindset and reading list.

I say evolve, and let the chips fall where they may.
Login or register to post.
#7
Yoda

Yoda

Trusted Member

Join Date: 03/22/2008 | Posts: 1215

quantum wrote:
Sedona/Release technique has been around for decades, so someone must find value in it.

quantum
Duh, no shit?smile

So, because the public and the suckers have been buying their product, it is valid? Good luck if that is your line of reasoning in other areas of life as well.

Your comparison with RSD is totally off base IMO.

Do you guys know all the claim made by the release guys? Teleportation? Meeting Jesus? Losing weight in an instant simply by releasing? 

Larry Crane also claims that he has never been sick after learning the Release Technique. So, why does he show up with a cold at his seminar, wear glasses and just recently had a heart transplant? It`s a blatant lie that serves the purpose of releasing money from sick and poor people who wants what he claims his teachings will give them.

Yes, there is value to be found in the Sedona Method, but there are a lot of crap attached to it so I just advise people to be careful and watch their money.

Yoda
__________________
"How can I make this fun?"

"Let`s go over and see what this girl is like."
Login or register to post.
#8

Popsail

Respected Member

Join Date: 08/29/2008 | Posts: 304

Shazam! wrote:





Popsail wrote:







quantum wrote:
Hey man,

I also heard about these guys called RSD that apparently teach guys how to get girls without needing money or looks. Sounds like a scam to me.. We all know women only care about money and looks...like duh!

They talk about this Nimbus thing, and you can say whatever you like. Come on, we all know you need routines, a furry tophat and VIP bottle service to talk to girls.

Seriously, only way for people to know is if they try it themselves, and you should as well. Alot of things have been claimed as scams: Tony Robbins, RSD, EFT, etc. People who claim scams are like bootcamp students who expects they will be changed overnight, and when it doesn't happen they post negative reviews claiming scam.

Finally, you shouldn't judge people who try to make money from what they believe in. You wouldn't judge Tyler/Papa charging people to do bootcamps, people see value in it so they pay. Otherwise, RSD would have been out of business long time ago. Sedona/Release technique has been around for decades, so someone must find value in it.

quantum
Religion has been around for a bit more :)

You can find value in anything.

I didn't try sedonna and i'm not here advising against it.

But from my experience [Read the power of now and a new earth by Tolle twice each] -- When someone is telling you to stop using your criticism, he's telling you to start using his.
Maybe it's not even bad, i don't know Tolle's full intentions.. but i do know i don't wanna lie to myself :)
When the hell does Tolle say that?  Maybe if you look to him like he's writing the 'book of answers to everything ever', and badly misinterpret what he says,  but if you happen to have made a habit out of using your brain, Tolle as a dogma writer instead of a teacher is less of a problem. 

When? anytime in his book when he goes "now your little voice in your head, your ego, will tell you how you should plan for the future, and how the now is not enough.".
I'm not really in the mood to quote, but i have both books right here.. i will if i have to :P

He's writing "book of answers to everything ever" the minute he starts talking about the 'one conscioussness which can not be known by the mind but can only be experienced' and your 'inner purpose'.

Don't get me wrong, imo Tolle has a LOT to offer in these books.. i just don't like this all "ego is the dysfunction of humanity", "Negativity is a disease of the mind", "human being created most ugliness out of all the creatures alive" talks..

I like writers who don't seem to contradict themselves and speak in "woo, garden of eden" language as often :)

OK OK !!
i'll quote :P

1. "Each thing has Beingness, is a temporary
form that has its origin within the formless one Life, the source of all things,
all bodies, all forms." -- I don't like this. He doesn't know that, he's just blabbing away.

2. "Most people are only peripherally aware of the world that surrounds
them, especially if their surroundings are familiar. The voice in the head
absorbs the greater part of their attention. Some people feel more alive when
they travel and visit unfamiliar places or foreign countries because at those
times sense perception – experiencing – takes up more of heir consciousness
than thinking. They become more present. Others remain completely
possessed by the voice in the head even then. Their perceptions and
experiences are distorted by instant judgments. They haven't really gone
anywhere. Only their body is traveling, while they remain where they have
always been: in their head.
This is most people's reality: As soon as something is perceived, it is
named, interpreted, compared with something else, liked, disliked, or called
good or bad by the phantom self, the ego." -- This one is actually good. Though i'd rather call it an automatic proccess rather than "ego".

3. "So who is the experiencer? You are. And who are you?
Consciousness. And what is consciousness? This question cannot be
answered. The moment you answer it, you have falsified it, made it into
another object. Consciousness, the traditional word for which is spirit,
cannot be known in the normal sense of the word, and seeing it is futile. All
knowing is within the realm of duality – subject and object, the knower and
the known. the subject, the I, the knower without which nothing could be
known, perceived, thought, or felt, must remain forever unknowable. This is
because the I has no form. Only forms can be known, and yet without the
formless dimension, the world of form could not be. It is the luminous space
in which the world arises and subsides. That space is the life that I Am. It is
timeless. I Am timeless, eternal. What happens in that space is relative and
temporary: pleasure and pain, gain and loss, birth and death." -- Sounds deep, but ultimately, futile.

I can look at a bird and say "this bird i'm pointing at is not a bird. It's only my falsified-vision of the bird."
But seriously -- WHO GIVES A DAMN?! We call it a fucking bird cuz this is how we communicate..
I already know this is only my perspective of the bird, but what good does it make to repeat it in some spiritual-sounding sentence?
__________________
'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.'
-Mark Twain.

'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
-Marcus Aurelius.

'Just Do It.'
-NiKE.
Login or register to post.
#9
10Pin

10Pin

Trusted Member

Join Date: 07/24/2007 | Posts: 1933

"I can look at a bird and say "this bird i'm pointing at is not a bird. It's only my falsified-vision of the bird."
But seriously -- WHO GIVES A DAMN?! We call it a fucking bird cuz this is how we communicate.."

Tolle isn't arguing semantics or the need for language as a tool. He's talking about looking beyond the superficial labels and judgements we place on things.

Yes it is a bird.
__________________
the handsome boy modelling school...

My Journal - 2007 til...

Login or register to post.
#10
Slojodan

Slojodan

Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/22/2006 | Posts: 1003

Just noticed the thread.

My advice for skeptics of Sedona Method and Release Technique:

Give it the benefit of the doubt and try out the exercises accordingly.  If you get value, keep going.  If not, give it up.  From my experience with Larry Crane, including talking to him personally as well as his staff, whether you think his beliefs are true or not, he definitely believes what he's teaching.  He may be wrong, but he's not running a scam.  His spiritual beliefs are definitely out there in Tolle land, however. 

Same with Lester Levenson.  As for Hale Dwoskin, he's more of a standard businessman than Larry, but his claims are also far less reaching.

In general, I am very skeptical of people who are extremely passionate about proving that a product or service is a "scam," especially if the company delivers all services on time, as well as adheres to the refund policy as promised.    Calling a legal product a "scam" is not much different from calling a passionate forum like RSDN a "cult."  It's a blatant misuse of the word.

You don't have to believe everything they say.  In fact, they all explicitly say "Dont' believe a word I say.  Just take it for checking."  It only bites you in the ass if you start believing without trying things out yourself. 

Just don't act irresponsibily while testing the methods out.  This means dont' quit your job and wait for money to come in.  If you have a job, and through releasing, additional income comes in to double your money, try out the "BUTT System," and see if that's all you need.  You only try out the philosophy.  You don't depend on it or risk anything on it.

Thanks for helping to clear out some ambiguities, Yoda.

--Dan
__________________
To all, thanks for reading.

If you'd like to know how I got to this mindframe, read my post:  How to Choose an Inner Game Program
If you're curious on how to meditate:  Meditation Made Easy
Recommends Release Technique, Sedona Method, and EFT
Please read the Meditation thread before PMing me with a question.  Thank you.
Login or register to post.