THE FORUMS

October 16th, 2017
Want a Barry White voice?
Your rating: None
Bookmark and Share
hoodbgoode

hoodbgoode

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/24/2008 | Posts: 713




This video made my voice significantly deeper after FIVE MINIUTES. I SHUDDER to think what is going to happen after a week, heck even two weeks of practice (which I will definitely be doing, in addition to the Alpha Male Voice Resonator)

The vid is like 1:30 mins long. WATCH IT!!!! NOW!!!!

- xoxo Ichigo
Login or register to post.
#1
Lazybones

Lazybones

Respected Member

Join Date: 11/21/2008 | Posts: 385

Awesome.
__________________
Perfection doesn't happen by chance it happens by choice.

"Just be cool bro"


Helsinki
Login or register to post.
#2

Positivity

Respected Member

Join Date: 10/25/2007 | Posts: 545

 Hmm I really wanna deepen my voice but I'm a singer in a band and I can't exactly reach high notes already. Anyone think I might be less likely to reach a higher vocal range if I deepen my natural speaking voice?
__________________
Quote:
A spark of positivity is the best treat.


Social proofed shades
Login or register to post.
#3

Sokk

Junior Member

Join Date: 01/13/2009 | Posts: 7

Nice, I can really feel the muscles in my throat after doing this exercise. 
Login or register to post.
#4
Largo W.

Largo W.

Junior Member

Join Date: 01/13/2009 | Posts: 15

I felt like an idiot reciting these words in front of my computer.

But now I really feel it in my throat... Let's see if it helps.

Thanks!
Login or register to post.
#5
LEAHCIM

LEAHCIM

Senior Member

Join Date: 12/11/2008 | Posts: 192

 Fuck Yeah!

I want to sound like James Earl Jones...

"Come woman. Give your panties over to the dark side."
__________________
All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
Mark Twain
Login or register to post.
#6

Imagination

Respected Member

Join Date: 10/06/2007 | Posts: 515

I wouldn't bother deeping your voice, unless people constantly tell you you have a high pitched voice.  It's probably fine.  Just work on the tone and the volume.
Login or register to post.
#7
Shit.

Shit.

Trusted Member

Join Date: 01/12/2008 | Posts: 1781

That's bogus. And not good for your voice.

Relax. Perform a descending sigh on "ahh" starting from the comfortable (aka not screaming) top of your range down as low as you can go - no vocal fry - keeping your larynx centered and low. Do it again and start a little lower. Do it a couple more times, eventually starting from the mid-low range of your voice. That's a method which won't hurt your voice.

Neither of these methods are long-lasting. They are MOMENTARY voice deepeners. They don't last overnight. If you really want to develop a stronger low range then do real vocal warmups for bottom range. Voice lessons.

Positivity - work on all parts of your range, not just one.
__________________
Login or register to post.
#8

A-dubz

Member

Join Date: 11/08/2008 | Posts: 66

Positivity wrote:
 Hmm I really wanna deepen my voice but I'm a singer in a band and I can't exactly reach high notes already. Anyone think I might be less likely to reach a higher vocal range if I deepen my natural speaking voice?
My friend who has take voice lessons tells me that expanding your voice lower also helps it expand higher. How the hell this works, i dontknow
__________________
Cause I studied P-I, M-P, ology, but logically
Be learnin these hoes biology, obviously, well...
Login or register to post.
#9
hoodbgoode

hoodbgoode

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/24/2008 | Posts: 713

Shit. wrote:
That's bogus. And not good for your voice.

Relax. Perform a descending sigh on "ahh" starting from the comfortable (aka not screaming) top of your range down as low as you can go - no vocal fry - keeping your larynx centered and low. Do it again and start a little lower. Do it a couple more times, eventually starting from the mid-low range of your voice. That's a method which won't hurt your voice.

Neither of these methods are long-lasting. They are MOMENTARY voice deepeners. They don't last overnight. If you really want to develop a stronger low range then do real vocal warmups for bottom range. Voice lessons.

Positivity - work on all parts of your range, not just one.

The whole point of the exercises are to do them repeatedly. The vocal cords are like a muscle....you have to work them over and over. FYI, my voice was deeper the whole day today - not significantly, but noticeably.
Login or register to post.
#10
Shit.

Shit.

Trusted Member

Join Date: 01/12/2008 | Posts: 1781

Quote:
The whole point of the exercises are to do them repeatedly.


And repeatedly fucking them up is no good.
__________________
Login or register to post.