Julien's Blog

Julien
 
What's up!

I'm currently in Melbourne right now, enjoying the couple of days off that I have here hanging out with the local crew before heading over to Sydney next week where I'm going to be running yet another Free Tour / Hot Seat 2 / Bootcamp but with Alexander~ this time!

So if you're interested in hearing from both of us on the latest new concepts that we've been working on, then I highly recommend that you do whatever you can to make it out to one of these events!

Here are my next Free Tour / Hot Seat 2 / Bootcamp dates...

June 7 - 9, 2012: Sydney (taught with Alexander~)
June 14 - 16, 2012: Auckland (taught with Alexander~)
June 21 - 23, 2012: Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 28 - 30, 2012: Sao Paulo, Brazil
July 5 - 7, 2012: Mexico City, Mexico

www.rsdfreetour.com / www.rsdhotseat.com / www.rsdbootcamp.com


You can also check out all of the cities that I'll be traveling to after this in the "Where I'll be next..." section at the very bottom of this article.

<>==========================================<>

On that note, what I would like to take the time and share with you today are some of my very own personal thoughts and the values that I have when it comes to using alcohol in order to achieve success with women...

The very first one being the question that I always like to ask people whenever I address this topic at any of my RSD Free Tour events, which is:

"What are some of the pros and what are some of the cons when it comes to mixing alcohol and game?"

"WHY DO PEOPLE TEND TO GET CAUGHT UP IN DRINKING WHEN GOING OUT AND INTERACTING WITH WOMEN IN GENERAL?"

And the most common answers that I tend to hear are literally always along the lines of:

"Having that delusional sense of confidence."

"Being in that nice social state of mind where everything just flows."

"Fitting into the social standards of the environment that you're in."


And all of which can basically be broken down to PINGING OFF OF YOURSELF AS OPPOSED TO PINGING OFF OF THE ENVIRONMENT. 

That's it!

That's the number one reason why people tend to start drinking when approaching and interacting with women in general...

They haven't yet cultivated the emotional muscle that allows them to ping off of themselves and draw state internally as opposed to ping off of the environment and draw state externally instead.

Now, what about the cons?

What are the disadvantages when it comes down to mixing drinking with success with women?

I wrote an important article a while back that I highly recommend that you take the time to check out if you haven't already, entitled: 

What Is Game? REFERENCE EXPERIENCES

And in this article, I basically break down game to being the amount of references experiences that one has gathered over time in order to densify and reinforce the beliefs that he wants to have in order to be successful with women in general. 

That's what getting good at game is all about: gathering as many positive reference experiences as you possibly can in the least amount of time possible!

Now, let me ask you this:

"If you're going out and drinking every single night when you're interacting with women, do you think that you're going to be remembering all of the reference experiences that you've gathered that night?"

"Do you think that you're going to remember every single detail of those interactions or the unconscious subtleties that lie in the subcommunications?"

"FUCK NO!"

You might remember a few flashes here and there but nothing that's concrete. 

There are no cemented references experiences that you can use to internalize the beliefs that are going to make you successful with women.

And you're delaying the time that it's going to take to gather those reference experiences as well!

It's very similar to dreaming about being successful with women as opposed to actually being successful with women in real life. 

There are no concrete foundations behind the beliefs and attitudes that you're exhibiting in that moment in time when you're out and when you're drinking. 

And on that note as well, you're not allowing any internal changes to be made.

When you're working in improving this area of your life, a lot of internal changes are going to be required of you.

The most important one being that you build the right emotional muscles needed in order to make that DEEP IDENTITY LEVEL CHANGE that we so often advocate here on RSDNATION.

And what you have to realize is that if you're drinking and you're using alcohol as the foundation supporting that beliefs that you want to have, then you're not putting yourself in a position where you actually have to build those emotional muscles, at all.

A great example would be the process of getting yourself into that nice social state of mind where everything just flows.

If you're used to drinking and then you suddenly decide to stop, you're going to notice that it's going to be a lot harder loosening yourself up and maintaining the different emotional states that you might find yourself in.

Another major downside to drinking is that it causes you to have SITUATIONAL CONFIDENCE as opposed to CORE CONFIDENCE...

One of the main reasons that a lot of guys tend to get into all of this in the first place, including myself, is because they want to make that DEEP IDENTITY LEVEL CHANGE for themselves and they don't want to have to rely on any type of external circumstances in order to be who you want to be in that moment in time.

And when you start mixing drinking with success with women, then you've managed to successfully stop being at the mercy of those external circumstances including the environment that you're in but you've also replaced it by being at the mercy of alcohol instead. 

It's not as variable as any of the other external circumstances at hand but it's still external nonetheless. 

This is also one of the main reasons why a lot of guys have so much trouble going out and interacting with women during the day. 

It's because they don't have that situational confidence that they now need in order to feel at ease in the environment at hand.

It's because they don't have that drink in their hand.

And they then tend to rationalize going out during the day as being different than going out at night. 

"Well, she's attractive but they'll be other attractive women like her at the club tonight. And guess what, I'll also have my good old friend in my hand tonight who will give me all of the confidence that I need to feel at ease. Fuck Day Game, it's just different."

When in fact, going out and interacting with women during the day is possibly the easiest way to meet women off of cold approach, ever. ;]

CLICK ON THIS VIDEO RIGHT NOW THAT I RECORDED AT THE MELBOURNE FREE TOUR THAT WILL GIVE YOU ALL OF THE MOTIVATION THAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE CONSCIOUS SWITCH AND STOP USING ALCOHOL AS A CRUTCH AS OF TODAY:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB-wn7Il8E

In conclusion to this article, make the conscious decision to stop drinking when going out and interacting with women in general.

I'm not just advocating reducing the amount of alcohol that you usually consume on a regular basis while meeting women, but cutting it out completely instead. 

Whenever you're going out to approach and interact with women or whenever you're out on one of your "game nights" then don't drink, at all. 

You can still have "cheat nights" here and there but make sure that you don't confuse them with your "game nights."

Make the decision to drastically cut your learning curve by accelerating the process of gathering as many reference experiences possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Make the decision to make that DEEP IDENTITY LEVEL CHANGE for yourself and actually make the right internal changes needed.

Make the decision to be responsible.


Don't mix drinking and gaming. 


<>=======================================<>

WWW.JULIENLIFE.COM

www.twitter.com/RSDJulien
www.facebook.com/RSDJulien
www.youtube.com/RSDJulien
www.youtube.com/JulienFreeTour
Login or register to post.

Related Posts

Comments

#1
ivan

ivan

Member

Join Date: 06/21/2008 | Posts: 44

Great content as usual. Much appreciated!
Login or register to post.
#2
startale

startale

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/10/2011 | Posts: 190

Thanks. Such a good advice but the transition is slow.
Now I can't imagine to start drinking again.
Login or register to post.
#3

alex.j

Junior Member

Join Date: 04/30/2012 | Posts: 6

nice
Login or register to post.
#4
Blom10

Blom10

Senior Member

Join Date: 03/27/2010 | Posts: 292

I quit alcohol late April and I dont even find it that much harder to get in state etc. Only downside is that I fall out of state a bit easier. But I love the state where Im super sharp, and the next day I can almost feel my emotional muscle grow stronger
Login or register to post.
#5

Thoma5

Member

Join Date: 05/17/2012 | Posts: 90

 Damn. I can't understand why people drink. IT SUCKS. It makes me sick really fast and taste like gasoline.It destroys you. Nothing worse than a hanghover. Lucky me I realised that in my teens after a full day sick, and promised never to drink much again (and haven't). The #1 reason why people drink, is because most people drink. Fuck that. If you want an uncommon result, you can't EVER think&behave the same way the masses who get a common result do.
Why do people need alcohol?
You don't need alcohol to do what's not expected/what you fear.
It's much more fun to break through what's expected, amuse yourself and be fucking ridiculous sometimes.

Then you can also add to that aligning your circadian cycle with your night hours (free running sleep), and adding brain food. This way you don't have all your memories DELETED.
It's just like building muscle, you have to trigger growth, and permit growth(rest). You Practice & internalise.
Login or register to post.
#6
Count_

Count_

Senior Member

Join Date: 04/14/2012 | Posts: 116

I never drink and I have 10x more fun than the people that do drink.
Login or register to post.
#7
Thorzen

Thorzen

Respected Member

Join Date: 05/01/2012 | Posts: 553

 Let's be honest here. As a RSD instructor, it is good not to drink, because you're on the job, and doing it several nights in a row it will be a killer for your body.

For us? It doesn't matter fuck. Depending on how big you are, you can drink between 4-5 beers while you're chilling with your buddy before going out, and it will ONLY improve your game. 

As you apply your new mindsets in everyday life, you slowly gain momentum and start seeing yourself as "that guy". Then you can eventually stop drinking altogether if you want, but let's face it, pick-up is supposed to be FUN. Drinking a little is FUN. 

RSD instructors do this for a living, AND they have a tendency to get too extreme about things sometimes, that's how it is for anyone who is trying to live a certain lifestyle. Take it with a grain of salt honestly. 

If you drink too much, you have a problem, if you don't drink at all, you have a problem. Balance is best. 
Login or register to post.
#8
Cool

Cool

Senior Member

Join Date: 11/14/2010 | Posts: 127

I don't know if this is some psychic thing but RSD always puts videos that fit 100% to my current situation. Last night I had a fucking horrible night because I got too drunk and I was just slurring random intoxicated bullshit to girls and just got shitload of blowouts because my calibration was fucking nonexistent. I'm gonna fucking cut the alcohol and have cheat nights here and there
Login or register to post.
#9
MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen

Respected Member

Join Date: 12/25/2011 | Posts: 529

I really like the recent non-booze-movement on RSD. It is very important to stress that Newbies profit massively from gaming sober as well. Don't let alcohol blur the excitement of the first approaches in your journey. Because these are going to become some of the sweetest memories when you'll look back.


Btw 1:20 who is "mystery"?

;)
Login or register to post.
#10
Cool

Cool

Senior Member

Join Date: 11/14/2010 | Posts: 127

I agree with this 100%, when I started going out as a newbie when I used to live in London I always went out totally sober.. it didn't even come to my mind to buy a drink. I was like "why the fuck should I buy overpriced beer from a bar?".. and I had some of the craziest memories and I still remember that great feeling of being in the zone totally sober. Glorious, and the next day you feel like the man. Need to get back on that shit
MakeItHappen wrote:
I really like the recent non-booze-movement on RSD. It is very important to stress that Newbies profit massively from gaming sober as well. Don't let alcohol blur the excitement of the first approaches in your journey. Because these are going to become some of the sweetest memories when you'll look back.


Btw 1:20 who is "mystery"?

;)
Login or register to post.
#11
GoldenGun

GoldenGun

Senior Member

Join Date: 12/13/2009 | Posts: 271

Brad has a similar post to this, Brads one is way cooler.
Login or register to post.
#12
ALGERIANO

ALGERIANO

Senior Member

Join Date: 12/23/2008 | Posts: 138

Thanks a lot for this video, i haver never drunk alcohol, and i have always the temptation to drink in the bars due to this argument :
"Fitting into the social standards of the environment that you're in."

thanx again it will help to resist the temptation.
Login or register to post.
#13
thecrochunter

thecrochunter

Respected Member

Join Date: 09/12/2011 | Posts: 608

I totally agree with Cool, the last few posts seem to be tailored to where im at.
Actually stopped drinking last week, went out last night sans booze. It was great.
Nice work Julien.
Login or register to post.
#14
BLife

BLife

Junior Member

Join Date: 05/21/2012 | Posts: 14

Mixed feelings here.  I definitely believe that Newbies need to tone it way down or stop drinking completely at the beginning of the road.  The reference experiences are way more vivid, and it's a good way to be in tune and observe how your are being received by the people you're interacting with (in the club and during the day).  Therefore, it is a good way to grow that social conciousness muscle, and I could see that starting an "Anti-Booze Revolution" has probably made Newbie success rates increase substantially.  Not to mention that if you're getting drunk, as opposed to causually drinking, you're just not gonna convert when opportunities arise (and it should go without saying that blackout drunk leaves no reference experiences whatsoever).

Two Things (both kind of in the same vein).  First, it seems at odds with the "deep identity level change" to differentiate "game nights" from other nights.  Should we not be gaming all the time?  For me at least, I try to be my relaxed, self-confident, and out-going self all the time, talking to just about every woman possible I encounter during my everyday life (CVS, 7-11, Starbucks, Elevators, Cross-Walks, etc).  Second, and along the same lines, should the natural, relaxed, self-confident, and out-going man that we are supposed to be able to handle himself at all times, maintaining his frame whether he's walking around at 2:00pm on Tuesday, or having a drink at a club at 11:00pm on a Saturday?  Maybe that's just Alex talking, but it seems like not drinking specifically when you're looking to talk to women compartmentalizes talking to women into a certain area of your personality, as opposed to it being part of who you are in general (e.g. a "natural").

Nevertheless, I agree that too much alcohol, or even a pretty hard "buzz," can make you lose sight of social cues and distort your intuition, both of which are vital to success and conversions.

Keep it sexy,

BLife

"The right thing to say is what you say when you don't care what you're saying." 
Login or register to post.
#15

taipan

Respected Member

Join Date: 04/13/2012 | Posts: 317

Good stuff. THis has actually been in my head the last week. and this has pushed me more to commit not to drink or smoke 

thanks
Login or register to post.
#16

Ocean2

Respected Member

Join Date: 07/18/2011 | Posts: 698

Started to notice that I am getting a lot better when I don't use alcohol. Also the fake difference between day and night is slowly disappearing for me. Greetings from one of the people who attended the Amsterdam freetour (I felt guilty for being the first one who stopped clapping first at the freetour, but I didn't want to clap just because of the masses keeps going (not my style), but nevertheless, your speech was AMAZING and it is the reason of my own challenge against alcohol.). Thanks!! 
Login or register to post.
#17

francisguarderas

Junior Member

Join Date: 09/20/2011 | Posts: 4

Ive been playing with the idea of quitting drinking while going out but never actually decided to go for it seriously. This acticle did it for me, a necessary slap in the face to wake up and start doing things the right way
Login or register to post.
#18
CUIBACITY

CUIBACITY

Member

Join Date: 04/20/2011 | Posts: 80

stopped with drugs

after I stopped drinking
after cigarette

and now I stopped
sex with hands hahaha

natural game, it is
Login or register to post.
#19

dandyRandy

Junior Member

Join Date: 06/03/2012 | Posts: 4

Well, I really get your point and I am experienced with gaming drunk and sober. When im out with friends i drink, sometimes too hard and I totally aggree with your point of view on this.
When im out on my own, I dont drink at all. There is just more focus in the night, but funny enough it heppens, that when im really in state i dont remember as well what happened if i wake up the next day. Its like "fuck, suddenly i was making out with this girl, but i have no idea what led to it."
I have even heard you talk about the same issue. I think you said that sometimes watching your own footage is like watching a new movie.
Login or register to post.
#20
AZmagic

AZmagic

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/25/2008 | Posts: 243

 This is always a helpful reminder. Thanks buddy ol' pal!!!
Login or register to post.
#21

detergent69

Junior Member

Join Date: 09/24/2010 | Posts: 24

"When in fact, going out and interacting with women during the day is possibly the easiest way to meet women off of cold approach, ever. ;]"

LOL Hahahhahahahahhahahhaha yesyeysyeysyeyeyyssssssyesssss

Awwwwesome
Login or register to post.
#22
Diamondog

Diamondog

Respected Member

Join Date: 12/23/2009 | Posts: 324

Julien,

When you land in Dubai, you may want to use your finger (perhaps the same one from that infield video?), and cover the stamp in your passport from Israel.  Otherwise, the customs official may put his hands to his face like that kid in Home Alone the first time he tried aftershave.  Supposedly they don't let you into Dubai if you've been to Israel. 

Look up this issue.  Some say it's an urban legend.  Others say it's legit.
Login or register to post.
#23
churlskunk!

churlskunk!

Senior Member

Join Date: 05/30/2010 | Posts: 127

IDK if I agree completely, Julien, but I think we can all agree that once you get past about .06 in BAC content (whatever that means for the person drinking), you get sloppy.  Jeff had a blog about this several months ago and I tend to agree with him.

youtu.be/Bn6Fu9RaoyU

I don't think it's a sin to have a couple of beers, if that helps loosen you up, but it's definitely a sin to have a couple dozen!  My problem is that I've been doing the latter, lately (I'm exagerrating a little, but I think you get the idea.)

If you want an incentive to quit or drastically curb you're drinking, here's one for you:  Last Monday, I ended up going out and making out with a shim!  LOL!  I remember, at the time, thinking she/he was awfully tall and I remember looking for an Adam's apple in the dim lighting of the club and not seeing one.  So, I decided she was, in fact, a she!  When I moved her outside, I saw she also had rather high cheek bones, but still no Adam's apple.  A mutual friend of mine expressed some doubt as to his/her gender after the club let out, so I decided to run a search on her name.  Sure enough, there it was, right in the "about" section of her Facebook profile! 

Why do I tell you this story?  Well, first and foremost, because I think it's funny!  But also, I have wondered, in hindsight, if I had just been 30% more sober, would I have pursued shim?  Would my tranny detector have been a little more sharp?  Who knows?  But, it's defintely food for thought!
Login or register to post.
#24

Heurisko

Member

Join Date: 10/05/2009 | Posts: 34

Hi, thanks for the video. I have a few questions in case any one is motivated enough to answer.

 In reference to the article: how do you develop the skill of pinging off yourself? I'm sure that it must be an unconscious process for you at this point, but how does one develop the ability? For instance, if pinging off the environment is my normal inclination, should I be introspecting all the time to notice when I attempt to modify my behavior in reaction to the environment? Or, do I reflect after the fact and try to correct for the next time? Also, how do you balance pinging off yourself and being socially calibrated? Have these questions been addressed in a previous video?
Login or register to post.
#25

robbie_love

Junior Member

Join Date: 06/28/2010 | Posts: 9

 Great post man! Came at a perfect time :) 
Login or register to post.
#26
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8817

Julien SICK video!!
Heurisko wrote:
Hi, thanks for the video. I have a few questions in case any one is motivated enough to answer.

 In reference to the article: how do you develop the skill of pinging off yourself? I'm sure that it must be an unconscious process for you at this point, but how does one develop the ability? For instance, if pinging off the environment is my normal inclination, should I be introspecting all the time to notice when I attempt to modify my behavior in reaction to the environment? Or, do I reflect after the fact and try to correct for the next time? Also, how do you balance pinging off yourself and being socially calibrated? Have these questions been addressed in a previous video?
The reason girlies like it when you do this is.................think about it.

If you're in a circle of people and you're speaking, you naturally engage the alpha male of the group.  And if he cracks a joke, everyone laughs.

So if YOU are the shit then WHO do you look for to gain amusement?  YOURSELF.

Self amusement is a reflection of this.  Fuck what the girl think is funny......................PLEASE GIMME A BREAK.

If what she says is good enough to meet the standards of the vibe you're creating, cool.  Otherwise it's all about YOU.

Build momentum throughout the night, makeout with a bunch of girls and build up a group of friends in the club as you chat, next thing you know your brain says "I'm the shit" and you're off!!

Tyler
Login or register to post.
#27
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8817

You have NO IDEA the natural highs you get if you persist with this.

I'm almost always in a better mood than my friends who drink by the end of the night.  And I peak right when it matters most.

Tyler
francisguarderas wrote:
Ive been playing with the idea of quitting drinking while going out but never actually decided to go for it seriously. This acticle did it for me, a necessary slap in the face to wake up and start doing things the right way
Login or register to post.
#28
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8817

Vincent and myself and Julien now rock the chucks and h&m 5 dollar tee's, it's fashion on a budget!

Tyler
Falc wrote:
I think this is the best vid blog from you yet dude, in terms of the originality and value of the content as well as how you presented it.

Looks like youre biting tylers fashion sense though ;)
Login or register to post.
#29
startale

startale

Senior Member

Join Date: 09/10/2011 | Posts: 190

Tyler, what do you think about cheap and expensive clothes? Why you buy cheap and what expensive you buy? Because you want to have different for every event and video? Or it just doesn't matter?
I'm figuring out this for myself but ofcourse I'm in a different situation. Thanks, man.
Tyler wrote:
Vincent and myself and Julien now rock the chucks and h&m 5 dollar tee's, it's fashion on a budget!

Tyler
Login or register to post.
#30
hkmt

hkmt

Respected Member

Join Date: 03/06/2010 | Posts: 570

 After I attended Hot Seat 2, I have stopped drinking. As you mentioned in the video, I started feeling incomplete, approach anxiety appeared etc. At the beginning I had the momentum of Hot Seat 2 but as it has been a month since I have seen it I started to loose this momentum. At the moment it is even more difficult for me to get into the state. As a result when I approach a girl the conversation goes very boring even the jokes that I make are not funny any more. My jokes are kinda contreversial to myself such as; Wauww thats a nice dress but I hate it maybe I like it etcc (saw lots of jokes like that during the Hot Seat 2). As a result I personally get bored. This results in;

NO STATE leads to NU FUN results in NO ATTRACTION

When I am in state I can say that 90% of the time I can hook up the chick (even if I cant hook up, I have my own fun) but in these days I find it very difficult to catch this momentum/vibe. 

What would be the right steps to take in order to get into state and have fun when I am sober? I have been struggling wth it so if you can give me some advice, that would be highly aappreciated.
Login or register to post.
#31
tryhariwab

tryhariwab

Junior Member

Join Date: 05/12/2012 | Posts: 18

I'm all for self-improvement... but isn't stating that you cannot become good at pickup unless you quit drinking a limiting belief? This is something Tyler stresses as a very important facet of a good mindset... I go out and enjoy a couple beers on a regular basis while never getting drunk or forgetting what I say or do... I'm self amusing and enjoying myself while continuing to push my comfort zone by approaching and interacting with people I don't know... I understand julians point I just don't think its beneficial to cut out things you enjoy as long as moderation is applied and improvement is continuously made... Cutting out alchohol seems like your addressing the symptom and not the core issue of why your results aren't as good as you would like... why not instead acknowledge that you need to practice more, re-frame yourself, and find your own personal style so that your doing it for you instead of doing something in a dogmatic way... 
Login or register to post.
#32
Kool Kane

Kool Kane

Senior Member

Join Date: 03/03/2010 | Posts: 169

Get your Charlie Sheen on - The  foolproof drinking and gaming Method

I like drinking. Even though I know, not believe, I know that it would improve my Game when I would stop it.
But the truth is, I like alcohol. I like drinking some fine Chianti to my steak, to my pasta with Kalahari salt and shrimps. And I also enjoying some Jameson, some Makers Mark or Mount Gay Rum with Cola, ice cubes made of Evian and a little splash of lemon.

I'm basically a connoisseur. I found it kinda funny as Brad had an article about the same topic a couple weeks ago. I never realised, he was drinking in his Game as I was always thought that all RSD Instructors have to be sober at all times. I liked his quitting the booze step by step method. First you quit the booze, then you drink beer, then you cut the beer... you get it.

A couple months before that, I already have done what Brad was talking about. But my intention was not to stop drinking at all. My intention was to lower my consume to a level where I could still act conciously and don't get tired and fucked up too soon. Besides that I care about my health now...

So basically, what I do is drinking some sparkling wine. First of all, I like wine but there is something special about this kind of wine. It makes you feel light, I like this kind of intoxication. It makes you talkative, flirtatious and get you out of your head. I guess thats the reason why so many women like champagne. It's different to beer. Beer get you tired faster with hop as an ingredient. What I also like is Rose. Red Wine has a too strong taste, you get dark teeths and it's heady in it's high. White wine would be fine, but even the good ones get pretty sour to some extend and fuck up your stomach. Rose has the right balance. Sometimes I like to mix it with some energy drink to get even more hyped up.

Although I drink, I NEVER and I mean I NEVER drink hard liquor when I'm on my Game! The Whiskey + Cola thing, is for one day in the week when I'm chillin with my friends.

Hard liqour has definitely some serious pitfalls...

When I was in my early twenties, I was used to drink two bottles of vodka with my friends before going out. Then we were drinking another bottle at the club and some beers afterwards. It was like a ritual, but I can't say that it helped me get laid that much. That was way before I discovered RSD and PUA in general. Even though I was really wasted, I was still a chode. I had still some serious fear to go and approach a girl. Sometimes it worked, often not. I had definitely a lot of fun partying so wild, but there were also some serious issues that came along with this lifestyle...

I felt fucked with the hangovers every time.
I got into fights in the club.
Bouncers were kickin my friends out because they did stupid shit sometimes.
I drove intoxicated with my car and almost smashed it aganist a wall as I was falling asleep driving.
Luckliy, my Friend was there to break the steering wheel and rescue us all.
I lost my driving license because of driving intoxicated to the club.
I started to drink daily, even when I was doing my homework
and had some serious issues at school.
I was in a latent aggressive mood at all times.
I got problems with the police.
I got problems with my family, even with my friends.
I got out of shape.
My friend broke his hand after he punched at a wall intoxicated in rage of a dispute with a guy he had some minutes before this event.
I've fucked my first girls raw, without caring about getting them pregnant or get some std's.
I had health-issues as my doctor told me that I had basically a fat liver at the young age of 22. I had to stop drinking for full six months to recover my body. I've seen a psychiatrist because of my drinking behaviour.

AND THIS ALL BECAUSE I WANT SOME PUSSY!


Ridiculous ha... since this time, I was pretty senstive when it comes to alcohol and drugs.

As Julien said, you need the ref-points. So, you have to approach sober at times. It's about facing your fears, about working on your self esteem and your self development overall. I'm approaching every day a girl after work before I go home. I can't go home before I approached a girl. This is the mission, the burden that I put on my shoulders on a daily basis. 90 percent of the times I ask for directions, sometimes I chit chat a little, I even got some phone numbers out of it. But the main point is to get this experience and grow, no matter what.

I'm not saying stop drinking. But be careful with it...


Know your limits, I mean like... literally;-) Do exactly know how much you can drink as to your own personal intoxication-peak and from there change to water. It takes a litle practice and discipline, but you get it with time.

I have lots of respect for Tyler and Julien for not drinking. That is what true pick up mastery and becoming a confident man is all about. But I work the whole week and I want to relax at some point. I want the girls, but I want to party a little, too.


Login or register to post.
#33

champ

Respected Member

Join Date: 06/19/2011 | Posts: 850

...
Login or register to post.
#34
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8817

Well routines DO work.

It's just that going natural has so many long term advantages, so it's worth building your skill set the proper way.

Dependence on routines is also pretty hard to unwire out of your head when you decide to switch, so generally better to just build a stable foundation from the get-go, similar to what Julien said about not using booze.

Tyler
champ wrote:
Aww man rite when I was starting to "get it" ... j/k Definitely doable and the positive is that youll save alot of money.

But talkin about drinking an interesting thing happens once in a while. It's unbelievable to me how people are sometimes. It doesn't make sense to me at all. Tyler sir Blueprint 2??

There's been a couple of times when the whole night all I did was drink and I told the exact same story literally like 8 or more times that night. And people loved it? Why? I don't get it? Nobody ever ever called me out on it.  And they still hit me up to go out but... one of those people later told me that I was really coo when I drink but not as much sober? Really??? Tellin  the same story a bunch of times is cool?? Why? Is it as simple as "calibrated unstiffledness" is cool.  I'm starting to get it a little bit  when people like Brad say "It doesn't matter what you say." Blueprint 2? LOL J/K  My brother who was in a relationship for 5 years has told me also that it doesnt matter what you say. But no matter what it at least has to be somewhat calibrated. I have never seen any infield footage from a single MPUA where they're saying weird stuff and they close. So I think it does matter a little bit what you say.  

It's interesting but not a big deal or concern. I feel almost better than ever thanks to everyones help. Great article n vid Julien. Thanks.
Login or register to post.
#35
Tyler

Tyler

Instructor | Trusted Member

Join Date: 08/20/2006 | Posts: 8817

There's a lot of great clothes for cheap.

If you have money and want to spend it on something more expensive, it's personal preference!

Tyler
startale wrote:
Tyler, what do you think about cheap and expensive clothes? Why you buy cheap and what expensive you buy? Because you want to have different for every event and video? Or it just doesn't matter?
I'm figuring out this for myself but ofcourse I'm in a different situation. Thanks, man.
Tyler wrote:
Vincent and myself and Julien now rock the chucks and h&m 5 dollar tee's, it's fashion on a budget!

Tyler
Login or register to post.
#36

champ

Respected Member

Join Date: 06/19/2011 | Posts: 850

...
Login or register to post.
#37
Mountaineer-~

Mountaineer-~

Respected Member

Join Date: 01/07/2011 | Posts: 360

good stuff!
will definitely continue to not drink at all ;-)
Login or register to post.
#38

tommy1234

Junior Member

Join Date: 06/06/2012 | Posts: 16

Im starting to go out competely sober...i got so used to walking to the venue and having a can though i thought i might try having a can of non alcoholic beer on way there as an experiment.....check this out from wiki - 
[=sans-serif]
A study conducted by the department of Psychology at Indiana University claimed “Because non-alcoholic beer provides sensory cues that simulate alcoholic beer, this beverage may be more effective than other placebos in contributing to a credible manipulation of expectancies to receive alcohol”.[5] In short, making people feel "drunk" when they physically are not.

This is saying that you might get the benefit of being drunk (ie not thinking as much) when you re not?? Any comments on this???

[/]
Login or register to post.
#39

combinatorics

Member

Join Date: 10/05/2011 | Posts: 54

Lol, kind of Ironic that I was actually at that talk, and then Julien posts this and the next day I see him while off my face at the club.  :/

I went through a phase earlier in the year for a few months when I would only drink two nights every three weeks (I was going out most nights.) Being an Australian Uni student, most of my friends found the whole thing very confusing and odd, And yeah, it was tough.  It feels really strange rocking up somewhere and everyone is drunk and having a good time and you're the only sober person.  But It was good for me I might try it again.

I think there's a bit of state dependant learning going on as well with the whole drinking thing.  I only act in certain ways while drunk because that's the state I was in when I learnt how to act those ways.  This is bad for core confidence and being able to be that confident social guy at all times.  

Getting into state while drunk is a lot harder for me, but when I do manage to get into state while sober it's so much more powerful then the "drunk happy state"  that is familiar to people who drink.
Something that has worked well for me in the past is to have a bit to drink at the start to get my momentum going, and then since I've been drinking it's easier to get into state, so as long as things continue to go well and people are nice (my state is still affected by the environment unfortunately) and I can wide the wave of state, once I sober up by the end of the night I will be both sober and in state and absolutely amazing.  I've had some of the best nights of my life by doing this.  I get the feeling that this would be hard to pull off if you were purposfully trying to though.  This has only really worked for me in the past when it was unplanned, ie run out of alcohol at a house party or something like that. 
Login or register to post.
#40
Livewired

Livewired

Respected Member

Join Date: 10/18/2011 | Posts: 507

Nice article and video! Short and simple.

I have tried sober gaming, most amazing high ever experienced in the game.  But for some reason always relapse to vodka after a period.  It is a big mindfuck to build your own persona around alcohol and being this crazy party guy and then quitting/reducing after you did it for so long.  You actually feel like part of you is missing and you want it back.
Login or register to post.
#41
gmos204

gmos204

Member

Join Date: 02/08/2012 | Posts: 49

 So what you're saying is I should start drinking at 9 a.m to get my confidence for day game up?
Login or register to post.
#42
pharmer7

pharmer7

Junior Member

Join Date: 09/12/2010 | Posts: 20

 Awesome post Julien.

I've drastically cut alcohol since last year after noticing my behaviour in the club tends to balance on a precipice between fun and aggro. It's a tough one and the latter can often ruin a great night out with friends. Hence I've decided to never let that happen again. 

This article just reinforces another benefit of not drinking....accelerating the accumulation of reference experiences.

Great!
Login or register to post.