Hey Diamondog, I really liked your first blog post about meeting women online! I know the first step is to create a profile. How do I get started? I have no idea what to write.
There's a girl on her knees under the desk.
Good question! I'm glad to see you want to start taking action. I devoted only a short section in
my other blog post on online game to writing your profile. The link to it is:
Anyway, here are 10 tips for online game, based on okcupid profile categories:
1. My self-summary: Since this is the first section, it is the most important. Remember the rule of advertising: show, don't tell. Don't say that you're funny or romantic, show it. The best way to show something is to tell a story. For example, I tell about the painting Venus & Adonis by Peter Paul Reubens, and how it's a metaphor for the one who got away.
2. What I'm doing with my life: Describe yourself briefly. Then talk about one or two interesting hobbies (pickup shouldn't be one of them).
3. I'm really good at: You can talk again about hobbies. No bragging. Tell stories whenever possible. Poke fun of yourself in a light-hearted way.
4. The first things people usually notice about me: Here's a chance to introduce some drama. Be polarizing. Or better yet, tell a polarizing story. Don't be all things to all people. You must stand out.
5. Favorite books, movies, shows, music, food: As far as girls are concerned, you can't go wrong with Fight Club and the Big Lebowski.
6. The six things I could never do without: you can write anything here. This is a good time to mention that you should make sure you are not telling the same joke or theme repeatedly, as it can get tiresome for the reader, and provoke eye-rolling.
7. I spend a lot of time thinking about: Provide an interesting observation about life. Make sure it is not a cliché. Feel free to skip some of the minor sections like this one and come back to it later.
8. On a typical Friday night I am: Not that important. Even something generic like going out with friends is fine. Obviously never admit to loneliness.
Am I hot enough to brag about in a Field Report?
9. The most private thing I'm willing to admit: Nothing disturbing. Perhaps a famous person who shares your birthday, and your similarities or differences with them.
10. You should message me if: This is the end of the profile, so it's important. Make it clear that you're looking to meet up for something low-key and to see where it goes. Don't make it like you're looking for love at first sight, or anything like that. And let her know it's cool for her to message you first.
Another satisfied Diamondog blog reader.
So there you have it. Seven tips for online game, to date hot women in your city. Post any feedback you may have here, and how you used these ideas in Field Reports.
Ready To Master Your Dating Life?