I had a few questions about online game, so I decided to post this in my blog to make it an easier reference. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them and update this post.
Online game has been a huge part of my life until recently. I started with online game when I was 19, back in the day with ICQ and Yahoo. I've worked at stopping online game 2 years ago when I discovered the community. I felt like I had perfect my skill set with online game, but my cold approaches were rocky then. Online game had made the back half of my game rock solid. My opening, rapport, DHV, attraction, everything was taken care of online before even meeting girls. So I could go into mild attraction building, mild rapport, and it was super easy for me to escalate and take it down from there.
Here is my experience in the last 10 years with online game.
I prepared a list thats more of a timeline rather a ranking system.
1.) ICQ -
it was an instant messenger back in the day. You could search for people in your area and chat with them. I fucked about 10 girls from ICQ, pretty much all of the SNLs. (1998-99) Texas and college years.
2.) Yahoo Messenger
- Instant messenger and yahoo chat rooms ( before they were taken over by bots) was gold for me around 1998-2003. Also used yahoo personals a lot before it went to shit. Texas, college years, USA, Vegas. 50-100+ lays
3.) Adult Friend Finder
- Not one of my favorites. Its usually nasty girls, rarely anyone worth meeting and its pretty creepy. 2000-2007. less than 5 lays
4.) Hot or Not
- Somewhere in the early stages, 2001ish? This was the hot site until myspace came out. It was the current gold m.i.n.e. 25+ lays
- This was a site sent from god just for me. I could add 1,000's of girls from my area, really pimp out my profile, and play a huge numbers game. 2004-2009. USA 150+ lays ( also played a roll having girls open me from bars that recognized me from myspace)
- This was a swedish social networking site. I found that most girls in other countries use their own networking site and were not into myspace and only recently became into facebook. 15+ lays Sweden
- I didn't get into this until the winter of 2007/2008 when I was living in Cape Town, South Africa. It was the dominate social networking site there. Late 2007-2009. Produced 3 lays, all from south africa. About Facebook, I like it, but I don't think its good for hooking up with randoms, its not as acceptable to add strangers and seems a lot more personal. Its great to give new girls you meet in person your facebook, its a good way to keep you in their lives when you don't have time for them.
- This was a social networking site only in Cape Town. I think I fucked 1 girl I met form there. Not as big as Facebook there.
- This was the dutch social networking site that I took advantage of when I lived in Amsterdam. I was only there for a month . 2 lays
- It was more of a pay site, so I didn't really get into it too much, but there were some times I dabbled with it in the past, less than 5 lays.
- More recent, it wasn't as good as other sites, but was responsible for atleast 2 lays2008+
12.) Plenty of Fish
- I like this site a lot better. One thing I've found with personals is that you get a majority of older women on here. It has a good layout and I think this site has a bright future. 2008+ 5-10 lays
- I never really liked CL but I have ended up using it a lot. There ended up being just way too much SPAM on it and would just completely turn me away from it. I had more luck posting my own ads and dealing with the emails I would recieve rather than playing the numbers game and contacting a bunch of fake ass ads. 2008+ 15+ lays
I'm sure there are a few other small sites that I missed, but this is what I could remember off the top of my head in the last 10 years.
I thought I'd elaborate a little more on what goes into profiles. Below is a couple of examples of some current profiles I have.
Dating Site Profile 1
AdamVegas : I just had my 6th toe removed
I went to this Pepper concert on Friday night with some friends. I wore shorts because it was at the Hardrock pool and we arrived at like 6pm for free drinks because spy on vegas was there. But... knowing the concert would end around 11pm, I threw my pants in my roommates car. Well, he got so drunk that night that we lost him, he took a taxi home like at 4am and doesn't remember anything. But whatever, its Monday and my pants are still in his car... which sucks because I want to wear them tonight.
First you would pick me up at my house because i'd probably already be too drunk to drive, then i'd lend you some camouflage overalls and we'd pant our faces black. The rest of the night would be spent in the bushes with a bottle of jack outside of Will Ferrell's house just waiting for him to come outside. Sometimes he does and its cool, you know.
On a serious note...
I'm a social being, I love meeting new people, i'm successful, i live life with 0 regrets, I'm not perfect, I still make mistakes, i work hard, I get everything I want, well traveled, have a strong passion for baseball, appreciate home cooked meals and I have some amazing friends from all over the world.
I've dated plenty of models, actresses and dancers. While I always seem to end up with these women, I also understand that it never lasts, I'm attracted to beauty, but I also must have substance, brains, and energy. Plus, I hate drama, smoke, drugs, and people that can't control themselves when they drink too much. I have no expectations from people that I meet, I can love, I do forgive, and i'm always interested in other people's views of life.
Dating Site #2 Profile
I am super tall, athletic, and well travelled
My name is Adam, i'm 6'5", well travelled and I'm just moving back to vegas. I'm not saying anything else about myself because really, people will just look at my pictures and decide from there if they want to message me.
But I WILL say this, i'm not exactly sure what i'm looking for, I know I want to meet my soul mate, of course we all do, but seriously.. is this the place for it? Who knows, life is full of suprises and I enjoy getting emails from all you freaks!
Things to include in your email that interests me -
- your myspace or facebook
- your pictures
- um.. being female
- a funny joke
- anything about "Entourage" "How I met your mother" or "Dexter"
- anything about social dynamics and crazy stuff you've seen other people do.
Things that bore me -
- lame jokes
- sex in the city
- talking about your ex boyfriends
- asking how I am (i'm good) okay, and my day was fine, my weekend was fine, and if you wanna know whats up.. then look up... jesus, eat a dick
Things to remember when making a profile. Be Fun, Be Spontanious, Unpredictable, Don't look try hard. Its online, here is the easiest place to not give a fuck and be carefree. Girls LOVE to read profiles, i've talked to tons of them about online profiles, either dating sites or myspace/facebook. They will get caught up sometimes reading random guys profiles for hours. So when they get to yours, you don't want it look like all of the other Joe Schmoe's out there.
PICTURES ARE IMPORTANT!!
The other thing to keep in mind is your pictures. Pictures are very important, actually they are the most important thing. Most sites let you put up 10 pictures, because pictures can say soooo much about a person, its your job to find the best combination of 10 pics that can show yourself , your personality, and everything about you. You are putting YOURSELF out there, the real YOU.
When I put up a picture, I trying to the find the pictures that I look the BEST and look the most FUN in. If i'm doing something boring, then I better look really good in it, If I don't look good, then I need to be doing something really fun or really expressing myself.
Here are some things I try to show in pictures :
* Wide Range of Emotions & Facial Expressions
* Hot girls, but not too many, 1 or 2 pics out of 10 is enough
* My friends
* My family
* My work
* The city i'm in
* Bungee Jumping
* At the Beach
* Eating Sushi
* Laying around watching TV
I want a someone to be able to look at these 10 pictures and get know me. I want a girl to be able to know what she will be doing if she spent a copule of weeks with me. Express yourself.
Meeting the Girl
there isn't any real time frame about how soon i'll meet a chic from online. I just kind of have fun with it, not really taking any value or asking for any. I'll bring the conversations to things that I have going on and see if she bites.
I also like to invite them to things indirectly.
*PS: Its always good to talk on some sort of instant messenger or text messaging right away, trying to talk through email sucks.
"Have you ever been to blue martini? I'm meeting some friends up there tonight, Its one of my favorite places in town, i'd invite you, but we barely know each other and I don't want you standing around being all shy around my friends."
"When was the last time you've been to a house party? We are having a get together on saturday, john is grilling, a couple of guys pitched in for the fight and I'll be dominating on the beer pong tables. Do you play beer pong? I'd invite you over for saturday, but its a pretty long drive since you live accross town."
"Oh man, I need a break tonight, can you believe that i'm staying in? My blog will be blank, lol. I'm actually looking forward to just relaxing by the TV and eating some popcorn. I'd invite you to come kick it but I'll be watching Entourage and Californiacation, guy shows, no sex in the city here."
So basically I just keep it casual, never put any pressure on a girl to meet me from the internet and always leave it so she will have to jump through a mini hoop to see me.
Other times, if we get into an actual discussion about " meeting people from the internet" I will use what I call the "5 minute date"
Its where we both agree to meet each other for 5 minutes, no more, no less, with just the intention of breaking the ice and then we go back to what we were doing. And if we want, we can plan something again later.
* This makes it so neither party gets stuck with an akward person for a long time
* Its a minimal investment
* Its hard to use the "busy" excuse since its quick and easy
* And what ends up always happening is that you forget about the rule and just have your date right then and there and have a fun night.
* However, there have been a few times where I left because the girl didn't look anything like her pictures, ended up being a lot fatter or had the angles.
* In any case, no ones feelings are hurt because you both agreed you can only stay for 5 minutes.